How do "Open Assault" and "Confined Defense" Interact with Flying Units?

astrophys

Open Assault: When user fights in terrain with no terrain effects, damage +3 during battles; learned from Cavalier, level 1

Confined Defense: When user fights in terrain with terrain effects, damage received -3 during battles; learned from Knight level 10

The reason I ask is as follows: traditionally speaking, flying units never receive terrain effects from the terrain. But they'd still be over a tile that has terrain effects that can be applied to other units.

So it comes down to in which sense "no terrain effects" applies… would this still only trigger in specific types of terrain, or would it turn into an always on +3 damage for fliers?

If the latter, it wouldn't be as powerful of a boost as Prescient victory (+4) or Overbearing (+5), but it would be something that could be active unconditionally, including on the enemy phase and against cavalry/flying units.

If the former, then it could still be stacked with the others, but others might be preferable.

Likewise, I might think that Confined Defense would never work with flying units, but could someone confirm if this is indeed the case?

Don't quote me on this, but I think when it comes to these skills, the terrain has priority over the bonuses the units receive.

Hence, if a flier is on a forest tile, these two skills won't activate because the terrain does provide bonuses, regardless of what bonuses the unit receives or not.

Can someone provide confirmation?

It would have to come from a Cavalier x Pegasus setup somewhere (breeding, marriage, buddying, etc.).

Perhaps someone did that set anyways to get a Rescuing Pegasus?