lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to play a lot of action/adventure games and RPGs, but I play a lot and enjoy at least one game in every genre. I don't play online games much, mostly because it requires a lot of time dedication. I prefer gameplay over story, because if I'm not having fun, then the story isn't worth my time. Story is pretty important though, if your game is dedicated to it.

Challenge gamer. I don't necessarily mean I like playing difficult games, I just mean I treat games as an obstacle course,

they are an arbitrary challenge to be conquered and mastered. Obviously Fire Emblem is a game like this I enjoy,

but also Mario and fighting games (competitively).

I also love the Zelda series and Metroid series, so I got a bit of an Exploration gamer in me. (Although Metroid lends itself quite easily to speed runs.)

Edited by Shrouded In Myth

Typically I'm a binge/burnout gamer. I'll play the first 2/5th's of a game hardcore and enjoy the heck out of it, then drop it until months/years later. RPGs are my worst enemy. Not as bad with SRPGs, though.

I'm the type of gamer who doesn't give a crap about what he's playing so long as it's fun.

Even poorly designed games like Sonic 06 for example, I have fun playing because I enjoy breaking the game so much. Granted this means its fun for the wrong reasons, but yet I still enjoy it

I prefer strategy games, and I mean actual strategy, not like Fire Emblem. I like planning out my assaults, encircling the enemy, whipping them out, and hoisting my flag over their Capitol.

Just say "I dont just play Paradox games, i live them" :P:

Here's a (maybe?) unpopular opinion.

Final Fantasy 10 sucks. The fights are nothing but time consuming, and the story is a mess.

YOU! WE SHOULD BE FRANDS. I find that game insipid, cringe-worthy, and a slog to even sit through. Which is a shame because i liked Yuna.

Chrono Cross is better than Trigger :-)

Ill fite you. You, me, hammers at dawn. I love Chrono Cross, but it is not better than Chrono Trigger. :P:

YOU! WE SHOULD BE FRANDS. I find that game insipid, cringe-worthy, and a slog to even sit through. Which is a shame because i liked Yuna.

At what point did you give up on the plot? I got to:

You're a dweeaam Tidus!

And gave up on the plot. I was killed by a Behemoth shortly thereafter, and decided not to go through the 2 hour Seymour Flux fight again. So I just said, "Fuck it.", and quit entirely.

Similarly I rather liked Tidus, so it was a shame that the game pulled the before mentioned stupid plot point.

At what point did you give up on the plot? I got to:

You're a dweeaam Tidus!

And gave up on the plot. I was killed by a Behemoth shortly thereafter, and decided not to go through the 2 hour Seymour Flux fight again. So I just said, "Fuck it.", and quit entirely.

Similarly I rather liked Tidus, so it was a shame that the game pulled the before mentioned stupid plot point.

Oh geez, i think it was after that terrible narmy laugh sequence. I cant remember exactly. Also, blitzball. <.<

The same, but with Final Fantasy 8. I concede that the story of 10 is bad, but I enjoyed its gameplay. 8 I didn't even enjoy the gameplay.

I've been mostly a PC gamer. I enjoy turn based strategy, RTS and fighting games, even though I'm bad at all of them.

Oh geez, i think it was after that terrible narmy laugh sequence. I cant remember exactly. Also, blitzball. <.<

What? Oh man you didn't get anywhere near the bad parts of the story! There's just so much...where do I begin? I mean did you even get to:

Your father is sin Tidus.

The same, but with Final Fantasy 8. I concede that the story of 10 is bad, but I enjoyed its gameplay. 8 I didn't even enjoy the gameplay.

For me the gameplay was mind numbingly simple. At first I had fun with the game play, but then I learned how to properly use all my abilities, and it was stupidly simple from there.

Also why did every enemy past a certain point have 1000 and 1 immunities? It would have been easier just to list what I could hit them with.

For me the gameplay was mind numbingly simple. At first I had fun with the game play, but then I learned how to properly use all my abilities, and it was stupidly simple from there.

Well I mean if nothing else FFX was known for its battle system, pretty much having universal praise, considered one of the best in the series and I'm unsure if you would have a problem with all of the other final fantasy battle systems if that's the case. If it's your unpopular opinion then fine but I don't know what you expect.

Consider playing games worthy of your mind such as Nobunaga's Ambition? jokes, but y'know

Edited by Tryhard

Well I mean if nothing else FFX was known for its battle system, pretty much having universal praise, considered one of the best in the series and I'm unsure if you would have a problem with all of the other final fantasy battle systems if that's the case. If it's your unpopular opinion then fine but I don't know what you expect.

Consider playing games worthy of your mind such as Nobunaga's Ambition? jokes, but y'know

Oh jeez, did I come off that arrogantly? I wasn't trying to brag, or anything...

Is the rest of the Final Fantasy series like that? 10 was my first foray into the series, so I wouldn't know. Nobunaga's ambition? I'll look into it.

EDIT: It does certainly look interesting thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Oh jeez, did I come off that arrogantly? I wasn't trying to brag, or anything...

Is the rest of the Final Fantasy series like that? 10 was my first foray into the series, so I wouldn't know. Nobunaga's ambition? I'll look into it.

I'm joking. If anything I'd be the one coming off as arrogant.

Honestly, the battle system of 10 is probably the most interesting in my opinion - if that's the case, I really doubt that you'll like the others. You might find the stories better, though. I loathe 8's story with a passion. Yet a lot of people love 8 and consider it their favourite game in the series. So that's my unpopular opinion. It just might not be the type of RPG battle system you enjoy, but it is pretty in line with the rest of the final fantasy games, so it might not be for you.

Though I wasn't really recommending it since I haven't played any of them myself, Nobunaga's Ambition series has a reputation for being a pretty complicated and tough-as-nails strategy game. But you know, I was just joking, I don't really know about it.

Edited by Tryhard

Unpopular opinion: the laughing scene from Final Fantasy X was not a bad scene. Out of context it looks narmy as all get out, but remember that at the time, Yuna was emotionally in a pretty bad place, what with effectively having the weight of Spira on her shoulders and all. So Tidus, recognizing that some support on the matter would be appropriate here, encourages her to try intentionally forced laughter. While it sounds utterly ridiculous, it helps to shift Yuna's mindset towards a more positive direction, and she eventually gives way to much more genuine laughter, even if only at how silly the forced laughter sounded in stereo.

I'm joking. If anything I'd be the one coming off as arrogant.

Honestly, the battle system of 10 is probably the most interesting in my opinion - if that's the case, I really doubt that you'll like the others. You might find the stories better, though. I loathe 8's story with a passion. Yet a lot of people love 8 and consider it their favourite game in the series. So that's my unpopular opinion. It just might not be the type of RPG battle system you enjoy, but it is pretty in line with the rest of the final fantasy games, so it might not be for you.

Though I wasn't really recommending it since I haven't played any of them myself, Nobunaga's Ambition series has a reputation for being a pretty complicated and tough-as-nails strategy game. But you know, I was just joking, I don't really know about it.

Ahh, sorry about that. Somehow missed the jokes part of your post. Hwoops.

I think I'd be able to put up with combat similar to 10's if the other games had a better story. Besides I don't think the problem lied in the menu based combat itself, but the high health, and low damage output. Basically I'd be more forgiving if the fights hadn't been so long.

Unpopular opinion: the laughing scene from Final Fantasy X was not a bad scene. Out of context it looks narmy as all get out, but remember that at the time, Yuna was emotionally in a pretty bad place, what with effectively having the weight of Spira on her shoulders and all. So Tidus, recognizing that some support on the matter would be appropriate here, encourages her to try intentionally forced laughter. While it sounds utterly ridiculous, it helps to shift Yuna's mindset towards a more positive direction, and she eventually gives way to much more genuine laughter, even if only at how silly the forced laughter sounded in stereo.

Agreed. Even with how much I disliked 10 this was easily a high point of the game.