Voices for the Characters

The Geek

I think this would be something interesting to discuss.

Since these games came out before there was voice acting in FE, we were free to imagine what the characters' voices would sound like. So what do these characters' voices sound like in your head when you read their dialogue?

For me:

Lords:

Roy still has a boyish voice.

Eliwood is British (imagine something similar to Shulk from Xenoblade)

Hector has kind of a raspy voice and is almost always yelling.

Lyn has a kind of typical "tough girl" voice.

Eirika has a quiet voice

Ephraim is similar to Hector but his voice is slightly higher

Other characters:

I imagine Serra with a valley girl accent.

Lucius actually has a deep voice despite his feminine appearance.

Rebecca has a country accent, but not as heavy as Donnel's.

Because I think the Grado Generals all look like different actors I imagine them with their voices (Valter; Christopher Walken, Caellach: Nicholas Cage, Duessel: Sean Connery, Glen: Tom Cruise, Riev and Selena are the exceptions)

L'Arachel enunciates everything with long "a"s and such

Innes always sounds bored

Valley girl voice for Serra? I imagine her with more of a "preppy"/obnoxious girl voice, considering her behaviour. Besides, isn't she an Etrurian noble or something? I forget, it's been a while since I looked at FE7's storyline.

Valley girl voice for Serra? I imagine her with more of a "preppy"/obnoxious girl voice, considering her behaviour. Besides, isn't she an Etrurian noble or something? I forget, it's been a while since I looked at FE7's storyline.

It's revealed in her A Support with Lucius that she was actually an orphan raised in a convent, and all of her acting like a noble is just posturing.

And aren't preppy girl and valley girl voices kind of the same?

Edited by The Geek

Because I think the Grado Generals all look like different actors I imagine them with their voices (Valter; Christopher Walken, Caellach: Nicholas Cage, Duessel: Sean Connery, Glen: Tom Cruise, Riev and Selena are the exceptions)

Oh god. I'm now hearing Valter's lines in Christopher Walken's voice. "And you're just a corpse who does not know he is dead!"

That seems unlikely, given that Serra thought that Lucius sounded as well as looked like a woman, according to their Support conversations.

Serra says that Lucius' voice is "beautiful" and low voices can be beautiful. If you're talking about Serra mistaking him for a woman in their C Support, then I counter with two things: 1. women can have low voices too, and 2. I don't get the impression that Serra is particularly bright.

Serra didn't say anything about Lucius' voice being unusually low, and even she should have been able to notice that. I can imagine Lucius with a tenor voice, but not with a baritone or bass voice.

Well, tenor is still lower than you would expect him to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew seems to have a British accent, given his use of phrases such as 'bloody' and the like, so I'd imagine he'd have a british voice actor.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I dunno about the other characters, but THIS is exactly the kind of voice I imagine for Valter...

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSdHHWBevY&t=19m56s

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElULUv1Pbw&t=3m00s

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElULUv1Pbw&t=15m40s

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadvjTXA1qs&t=18m13s

Unfortunately, the voice actor's performance for the character seen there isn't always that good, but when he DOES sound right, he's just got that perfect "predator" voice. Very low, very cold, growly, and yet, also very resonant, like his voice is echoing at all times. Just take all the good parts of this performance, shave off the bad (pretty much every time he yells, as he sounds pretty strained when he does), and you have a perfect Valter voice here.

Edited by FionordeQuester

• 2 weeks later...