QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't cucumbers fruits?

Man I've always wondered that. For the longest time I just thought they were vegetables as well and I think was always told they were vegetables, but when I think about how they contain seeds and just the fact that they seem just as juicy/watery as fruit tend to be, they just seemed a lot like fruit

I wish they could just be more clear on what's actually a fruit and what's actually a vegetable :c And even some grains because when looking into it it apparently depends whether corn is a grain or a vegetable or even a fruit???

Edited by Freohr Datia

a good post imo

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN: What's your favorite vegetable?

who saw that one coming

Cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, and...well i love most veggies tbh.

Seeing how i have cucumber plants, they seem to be closer to melons than anything else. So whatever you classify melons as..../shrug

Man I've always wondered that. For the longest time I just thought they were vegetables as well and I think was always told they were vegetables, but when I think about how they contain seeds and just the fact that they seem just as juicy/watery as fruit tend to be, they just seemed a lot like fruit

I wish they could just be more clear on what's actually a fruit and what's actually a vegetable :c And even some grains because when looking into it it apparently depends whether corn is a grain or a vegetable or even a fruit???

Well, like Loki said...

Seeing how i have cucumber plants, they seem to be closer to melons than anything else. So whatever you classify melons as..../shrug

They're related to melons and contain seeds. Therefore, I assumed they were fruits.

Sometimes (like with tomatoes) it seems like they are classified "culinarily" as a vegetable, but biologically they're classified as a fruit. And of course there's the nutritional approach as well: many people are saying potatoes and corn, but they're rather starchy.

Corn is probably my favorite veggie. Tomatoes are also great because besides being tomatoes, they are also crucial to ketchup, marinara sauce, some salsas, etc. Tons of great stuff made from 'em.

It sounds like you are on the light side of the force?

Heee, seriously. Tomatoes are the business and ill eat em in any form ever. Dried, boiled, raw, sauce, etc. Feed me all the tomatoes.

Oh. Now that I think about it. I actually prefer cherry tomatoes and...plum? tomatoes to a standard size tomato for the most part. My parents grew tomatoes this summer and they turned out really delicious, so those I like better than smaller tomatoes.