QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None tbh

I bet I once liked it, but when people started playing holiday music before halloween, I got annoyed too much to enjoy it after Thanksgiving, and then how late people played it the next year annoyed me too much to enjoy it when it got played early

It's a vicious cycle

I am a huge fan of the christmas music that played on this toy(?) carousel we had. Almost like a music box but not really?

So I guess any music box/music box-like christmas music due to nostalgia because every time we started playing that I really got into the christmas spirit

(also I'm pretty sure "holiday music" doesn't have to mean christmas music so for those who don't like christmas music...)

I am also a fan of Auld Lang Syne, I just like how it sounds

I am also a fan of Auld Lang Syne, I just like how it sounds

*nerd glasses even though I already wear glasses*

auld lang syne wasn't intended originally to do anything with holidays in the poem by Robert Burns or any early musical renditions, but was eventually attributed to be sung at new years especially (though has been extended to funerals, etc) because of its meaning of remembrance of old times and especially friendships

so i guess it does count i'm just being difficult, i like it too, especially since there's always a huge street festival when New Years hits at least in Edinburgh

also to be unoriginal I have another christmas one, it just so happens that most of holiday music i relate to christmas

so yeah this tasteful one, it just amuses me to have "slut" and "faggot" in a christmas song

Edited by Tryhard

i am thankful for kate's God-given ass

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO: How weak are you to sales?

when the prices are slashed does your wallet pay in spades or do you have self restraint

Im pretty middle of the road when it comes to sales. Ill give in a little, but i wont go too hog wild.

i'm weak of will tbqh

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY-THREE: What holiday music do you enjoy?

thanksgiving is over which means it's already christmas!

this is literally one of the only Christmas songs i like. (other than Little Drummer Boy)

doesn't matter what my answer was (roger whittaker) it's makaze's post now

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR: Do you prefer the novelization of the movie or the film of the book?

adaptation question adapted from parrhesia

A film of the book is edited neatly (sometimes for the better) while a novelisation is just a short story with a ton of fat slapped on. The film adaptation, any day.

Hell, think of it like this. The films of LotR stripped them down to its fully sick component parts cutting a lot of dumb shit (and sadly a couple cool things but still), the films of the Hobbit meanwhile just packed more shit onto a tiny book to form a bloated mess (which most novelisations will also resemble).

Edited by Parrhesia

doesn't matter what my answer was (roger whittaker) it's makaze's post now

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR: Do you prefer the novelization of the movie or the film of the book?

adaptation question adapted from parrhesia

Film of the book. I had a bunch of novelizations of movies when i was young and boy...did they smell. But i wouldnt say no to this one mostly because its supposed to elaborate more on backstory and symbolism for that particular story.