Ike

TLSothe

63 members have voted

1. 1. Whattya think of Ike?

• HE RULES!
    • Ehh, could be better.
    • Broken loser.
    • I never use him.

I think not using Ike would be an fun challenge, but is kind of pointless otherwise. Even people who don't like him very much still use him every once and a while. Ike never turns out horrible unless you get super RNG screwed.

But it would be interesting to see how you beat Ashnard without Ike. That would take a lot of work, unlike just sitting there waiting for Aether to activate healing him every once and a while.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike's pretty cool. He's got a nice balance of strength, defense, and speed. Though I think he's a bit overrated cause he's not that good until he promotes. But he's awesome once he becomes a lord. On my current playthrough, my Ike was horribly strength screwed. He had 10 STR as a level 20 ranger though his other stats were good. He couldn't kill anything except mages and priests. I hope he gets better. He always turns out good for me but now he's being strength screwed. Anyways, Ike's awesome (except this time) and he's my fave FE lord.

But it would be interesting to see how you beat Ashnard without Ike. That would take a lot of work, unlike just sitting there waiting for Aether to activate healing him every once and a while.

Pick Giffca and let him do the work. Or put Resolve on Ena.

I think not using Ike would be an fun challenge, but is kind of pointless otherwise. Even people who don't like him very much still use him every once and a while. Ike never turns out horrible unless you get super RNG screwed.

Like I said, not using Ike is not a challenge. It's like saying that not using Bastian is a challenge.

Like I said, not using Ike is not a challenge. It's like saying that not using Bastian is a challenge.

Exactly. Ike can sit on the sidelines with Titania and watch the battle. Ike's only needed to seize and escape. Otherwise, it's incredibly easy to keep Ike from fighting.

My Ike is finally getting better :D He got incredibly strength screwed as a ranger (and he had a fighter band) but he's finally getting his strength up. Yay!

Edited by KSFF2150

Maybe challenge wasn't the right word. What I meant was that it is easier to use Ike than to not use him. Because Ike, unlike Bastian, is required for every level in the game. And if your lvl. 1 ranger Ike bites the dust in chapter 17 because you accidently moved him one space to far forward and you never trained him, it's game over. Bastian can die without a game over.

Now, like I said, you can beat the game without Ike. It's just easier with him in my opinion because he's a perfectly good unit who usually turns out awsome (at least for me)

Edited by Ragnell

Actually, using any good unit makes the game easier, while using a bad unit makes it harder. And Ike is a good unit.

In addition, training him means you have one more unit to work with (otherwise he would be a wasted, forced slot), and you oftentimes you have to use that L1 unit for stuff like seizing or escaping, and it's much easier to get him to a spot if he can rape enemies by himself.

True, but only to an extent. Every chapter has a lot of character slots, so there are many other units who can kill things instead of Ike, allowing him to move to the throne or gate without any hassle at all.

Not using Ike is not hard, it is hardER. Ike is a balanced unit who is very helpful (especially as a lord) when you train him. Being able to beat the game without training him does not mean he is a bad unit. Just that he is not essential. And you might as well train him a little, even if you don't like him, since he's forced to be in every level and has to seize, escape, etc.

Edited by Ragnell

No, it does not make the game harder, since you can switch in another unit, or even two/three if you want, and beat the game without any trouble, while Ike won't die and won't kill. He can move to the throne/gate safely.

I understand where you are coming from not using Ike (I'm actually going to do a no-Ike playthrough soon), but it really irks me to have to drag around and protect weak units I'm not going to use for every level. I even hate healers that can't defend themselves. And Ike usually turns out good so I almost always train him. Plus you can't get Nasir (who rocks) without training Ike.

Ena and Nasir both suck, and it's arguable which one is the superior.

Also, way to contradict yourself. You dislike weak units who can't protect themselves, yet you do a no-Ike runthrough.

:/

I'm just trying a no-Ike run to mix things up. Playing the game the same exact way with the same exact characters gets boring. When I play seriously, though, I use Ike. Regardless of anything else he is good for, Ike is usually a very good unit stat-wise. Besides the fact that he is kinda' weak as a Ranger, he can be used effectively from the start of the game to the end.

He rules to the point where its almost unfair, he could solo the last map. :blink:

He rules. He soloed Easy mode for me. :blink: (Except when he had to carry Leanne, I cheated there and used others.)

It's not only Ragnell that I find great about him, but Aether.