Best RPG Story?

NewDisplayName

Also on that subject, all the ones here seem to have a lot of really deep stories for the most part. Well tbh the Mario and Luigi games have great "plot" to them, just not as deep as a lot of the other ones mentioned here. It's funny, easy to jump into, and engaging.

Xenoblade Chronicles. This one has been said a few times, but damn. The plot of this game is amazing.

Radiant Historia. I cannot believe that I'm the first to say this one. The plot was incredible, and there were some moments that stunned me (which I cannot spoil!) and others that made me cry (which again I cannot spoil).

Also on that subject, all the ones here seem to have a lot of really deep stories for the most part. Well tbh the Mario and Luigi games have great "plot" to them, just not as deep as a lot of the other ones mentioned here. It's funny, easy to jump into, and engaging.

That's more so a credit to the writing itself, and not the actual story. Another example of this is Earthbound

Well good writing makes a good story. You can have a great plot with great characters. If the writing is very poor and uninteresting (telling instead of showing for example), then you're up a creek. Good writing is just as worth praise if it makes a good story good. You wouldn't appreciate games like Xenogears if it was written like Hyperdimension Neptunia (which is more popular for the comedy and characters cause the story is pretty crud)