Kirby Super Star Ultra

_____

A DS remake of my favorite Kirby game ever, Kirby Super Star. It includes Meta Knight's Revenge, Dyna Blade, the Arena, and several other minigames from the original. I can't fathom what other modes they might've added. Discuss.

Something I don't understand because I never played the original:

Is there more than one adventure mode? I know there's an assload of mini games...

There're three main "story" modes... Spring Breeze, a remake of the Kirby's Dreamland; Revenge of Meta Knight, a brand new adventure where Kirby invades the Halberd to stop Meta Knight from taking over Dreamland; Dyna Blade, series of levels where Kirby must defeat Dyna Blade, who's ravaging crops throught the land. The rest are mini-games except for the Great Cave Offense, where you just run around collecting treasure and fighting bosses.

My favorite part of the original was the partner system and how the second player could be the character.

There're three main "story" modes... Spring Breeze, a remake of the Kirby's Dreamland; Revenge of Meta Knight, a brand new adventure where Kirby invades the Halberd to stop Meta Knight from taking over Dreamland; Dyna Blade, series of levels where Kirby must defeat Dyna Blade, who's ravaging crops throught the land. The rest are mini-games except for the Great Cave Offense, where you just run around collecting treasure and fighting bosses.

My favorite part of the original was the partner system and how the second player could be the character.

YOU'RE FORGETTING MILKY WAY WISHES. THAT HAS TO BE IN SUPER STAR ULTRA TOO.

I has the game. Here's what I know:

-EVERYTHING FROM THE ORIGINAL IS INTACT

-Graphics are better

-Cutscenes are...different.

-Megaton Punch and Samurai Kirby must be unlocked.

-There are three new minigames that use the touch screen.

-There is now a "theater" for cutscene viewing.

-You cannot interact with "The Beginner's Show".

SPOILERS AHOY!

-There are two new adventuring games: Revenge of the King, and Meta Knightmare Ultra.

-There are two new Arena modes: Helper to Hero and The True Arena.

-Revenge of the King is basically a harder Spring Breeze.

-Meta Knightmare Ultra has you go through Spring Breeze, Dyna Blade, The Great Cave Offensive, Revenge of Meta Knight, and Milky Way Wishes with a new boss at the end.

-Helper to Hero makes you use a Helper to fight 13 bosses.

The True Arena pits you against the 9 new bosses and the 4 new minibosses.

-Waddle Dee is in Revenge of the King as a boss. HE ALSO HAS A BANDANNA!

Is it just me or is the second race against Dedede fifty million times easier? I couldn't beat him for the life of me in SS but in this I beat him in it extremely easily.

Spring Breeze is still there. Same for Dynablade, Great Cave offensive, Milky Way Wishes and Meta Knight's revenge. There's no changes to the stages and the modes are unlocked just like they were in Super Star.

Gourmet Race seems easier to me and the mini games you start with aren't the same as in super star.

The mini-game are all touch controlled, the first one is like that samurai duel mini-game in Super star, except your opponents are colored kirbys and you're tapping the card that shows up instead of pressing a button.

The second mini-game is cowboy themed, you shoot targets (except those baddies that give you the crash ability) as they appear by tapping them and reload by tapping a pink bar on the bottom that shows your ammunition. Again, you're competing with the colored kirby.

The 3rd is a simple snack game. Food is good but bombs, rocks and ugly worms are not. You tap the worms and rocks (twice for the rocks) to get rid of them. Tapping a bomb can either send it to an opponent's lane or it just pushes it back on your lane. I find that "slashing" them controls direction of where they'll go but I'm not sure since it doesn't seem to work all the time :\

Yet again, you're competing with colored kirbys.

There's some stuff (possibly new game modes) to unlock after milky way wishes.

Edited by ThunderMan