Besides 2nd Gen, are any of the "avatar only" candidates worth it?

jdb1984

Anna

Say'ri

Tiki

Basilio

Flavia

Gangrel

Emmeryn

Walhart

Yen'fay

Aversa

Priam

Really depends on what you need, be it from support bonuses, what Morgan inherits, and the units usability.

For instance, Emmeryn would be best considered in a Pair up scenario because she has access to Dual Support+, which brings her Support level with the Avatar up to Lv 9 (+20 hit, +15 everything else) without any additional factors.

Tiki could also make for a good Pair Up unit because Manaketes offer STR, MAG, DEF, and RES buffs when paired up, which strengthen at S Support.

Aversa can be considered a good Morgan Inheritance unit because of Shadowgift, though this does mean you need to plan on using Morgan as any tome wielding unit BUT a Sorcerer.

All of the Spotpass units offer pretty good stat modifiers for non-child units, so whichever you choose as a parent depends on what you need Morgan to do.

All of the Spotpass characters aren't quite as good as, say, Anna because they come near the end of the game, meaning you need to keep Avatar unmarried until you unlock the Grima chapter, ergo all the Spotpass Paralogues open up.

Of course, all of the above depends solely on what you set up the Avatar to do.

Anna is the only one that I'd really consider. Sure, her caps are kinda lame, but Morgan will always be good, and Anna is a promoted healer that's ready to go from the start. As a unit, Anna has some nice usefulness, and pairing with Robin can KEEP her useful. You can easily pass something nice down to Morgan like Lucky 7 which could help her quite a bit when trying to level her up. As an unlock, you get thief, so you get C in swords which isn't too bad either.

The rest of them require Robin to hold off way too long to really be any use. If Flavia and Basilio joined in Act 2... I'd probably hook up with them though.

• 2 weeks later...

Essentially, no. Although I tend to consider gender-exclusive classes/skills inheritance as somewhat of an important factor. To be fair, I normally play as the female Avatar just to guarantee that MU and MMorgan gets Galeforce. But because I'm fucking bias, I chose Priam anyways.

Edited by Formerly Colm