Ys Eternal for Pc

vonretic

A friend of mine recommended to play Ys Eternal for the PC and after I've looked on some images on internet and saw him playing it I've decided to try it myself.

He had the game on a DVD with some english patches and I've used his DVD to install the game. Everything seemed fine until I've stumpled upon the second boss of the game which is located in the Shrine B3, I am talking about the millipede(if someone played the game knows it), but my big problem is that I actually?! have tooooo much FPS for the game that the boss moves so fast that I can't even hit him and what is more funny is that I'm playing the game on my older PC with 512 RAM and an Nvidia GeForce 7300GT.

My friend said that I should try and turn on the V-Sync for the game maybe like that the boss will move normal, I've done that but nothing, the boss still has inhuman speed.

What I want to ask is that if someone here played the game and stumpled upon this problem and found a solution for this boss.

Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

The Game

How fast does it move exactly? A high FPS/powerful computer shouldn't be making a game run too fast.

that's totally something that happens in some games, it's why dosbox has a clock cycle limit feature

i don't know how old ys eternal is but if it's dos era try running it in dosbox for just that reason

How fast does it move exactly? A high FPS/powerful computer shouldn't be making a game run too fast.

that's totally something that happens in some games, it's why dosbox has a clock cycle limit feature

i don't know how old ys eternal is but if it's dos era try running it in dosbox for just that reason

I'm getting around 250-300 FPS which is idk... very high, even for this old games on my freaking old PC(never got that much on any game).

The game is running normal, which means that it doesn't need DOSbox, it is a remake for the PC from the original and it was released in 2001.

Is there any way I can reduce the FPS?!?!

I'm getting around 250-300 FPS which is idk... very high, even for this old games on my freaking old PC(never got that much on any game).

The game is running normal, which means that it doesn't need DOSbox, it is a remake for the PC from the original and it was released in 2001.

Is there any way I can reduce the FPS?!?!

this thread has some ideas

if it's a remake it probably won't even open in dosbox, but if it would you'd be able to fix it

i had the same issue with painkiller (circa same time) and it was nvidia graphics card related iirc

I think is Ys Eternal was 1998, which was later rereleased as Ys Complete in 2001 and again as Ys Chronicles+ in 2013 through Steam.

Did the bug look like this? Apparently it can happen in the later releases as well, though I've never had it happen myself.

I think is Ys Eternal was 1998, which was later rereleased as Ys Complete in 2001 and again as Ys Chronicles+ in 2013 through Steam.

Did the bug look like this? Apparently it can happen in the later releases as well, though I've never had it happen myself.

This right here... this worked, because the V-Sync didn't worked for this game, I've used the software that a person recommanded on that steam community thread to limit my fps to only 60 and I've finally defetead the boss.

Thanks again for all your info and help.