Gosh, I feel like a dunce...

Kiseki

So, for the whole year so far, I didn't even touch Smash 3DS. It was still on v1.0.4, so I felt that I should update it and get all the DLC characters/stages on it and stuff like on the Wii U. At this point I had all of the DLC characters/stages on the Wii U, but none on the 3DS. I had access to the 3DS DL codes because I bought the DLC for both versions at the time. And this included Mewtwo, which was free for those who registered the game with Club Nintendo when they had the chance.

So, I redeem all of the codes I had up to that point. However, I noticed that there was one missing, and that was Mewtwo. At this point, I didn't record any of the DL codes after I purchased said DLC, so I was refering to the Wii U's eShop account activity receipt for getting the DL codes. Then I start looking frantically within the eShop's menus trying to look for Mewtwo's 3DS DL code. After that, I started looking through my email if Nintendo sent me the code back in March, just like what they did with Virtual Console games redeemed from Club Nintendo. I then got linked to Nintendo's support page from my email and, well...

After a bit of navigating, I found this:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2169/p/52/session/L3RpbWUvMTQzODU2OTAyOS9zaWQvaipqaWpZc20%3D

• The Club Nintendo program has ended. All unredeemed Club Nintendo download codes expired on 8/1/15, and cannot be replaced or exchanged.
  • There is no longer a way to view your order history or view download codes that were issued through Club Nintendo.
  • Check your previously downloaded titles in the Nintendo eShop. If the download code was already redeemed on your system, you can re-download the game on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system without re-entering the code.

The expiration date was yesterday. No wonder I couldn't find Paper Mario or Earthbound there either.

Whelp, $3.99 down the drain, I guess.

Alternatively, you can save that $3.99 by not buying the DLC at all.

Add another four dollars and BAM - instant Wario Land 4 on your Wii U!

Rats, you wasted $4. You could've gotten a Subway 6 inch for that much money!

But I don't go to Subways often enough! (The nearest one is on the other side of town)

Besides, $4 isn't that hard to get for me. I don't really get anything from the eShop anyways, so it's not that big of a deal for me.