My Fire Emblem Fates Character Skill Suggestions!

Hey guys, this came up in an earlier thread I started - about Fuuga possibly being a godly character because he can acquire both Counter and Magic Counter through his class branches, but I was proven wrong thanks to many individuals, who I'm thanking for saving me from a character with good skills, but crap growth rates.

Anyway, getting to the point. During the conversation I linked to a google document, in which I optimized a skill set for all 44 accessible first generation characters in the Invisible Kingdom path (so no children characters), including Anna of the Spotpass Accessibility. I just thought it'd be worthy of it's own thread, so here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10gA4bxkkf99WsCISABAXDL2P1HZy6vgQYoZ9TINNglY/edit?usp=sharing

Now this list doesn't contain possible marriage candidates, and mainly banks off of what a character can achieve on their own (with some characters taking advantage of the A+ Support Rank. This includes Gunter, all the way down to Anna, alongside my specific skill choices for my competitive avatar.

Edit: I'm undergoing a massive edit with the whole list, adding in the Personal Skills of every character along with added suggested weaponry. It'll take a bit longer but I should be done around tomorrow night. If you'd like to assist, do tell me, as it would help a ton.

Edit 2: So they managed to make Mozume even more broken than Donnel. Line of Death + Extravagance with it's effects. Just by merely spending a Golden Coin in battle, you can make Mozume's damage output +20, and completely nullify the negative effect of Line of Death.

Edited by PokemonTrainer77

Oh, this is nice. I imagine it will be fairly helpful when I get a hold of the game. Thank you~. *bookmarks*

You're very welcome, and as soon as I find ideal pairs for each possible character, I'll be updating the branches to include the possible pass-overs using the Marriage Seal and at the point, I'll most likely include the children characters as well, since at that point you'll basically be combining two units into one anyway. This list is far from perfect, for one I'm much more focused on offense, but if I can get some good defensive suggestions from others, I'll set up a second doc, label this one as the Offensive and that one as Defensive, and then make the perfected list.

You're very welcome, and as soon as I find ideal pairs for each possible character, I'll be updating the branches to include the possible pass-overs using the Marriage Seal and at the point, I'll most likely include the children characters as well, since at that point you'll basically be combining two units into one anyway. This list is far from perfect, for one I'm much more focused on offense, but if I can get some good defensive suggestions from others, I'll set up a second doc, label this one as the Offensive and that one as Defensive, and then make the perfected list.

I imagine that with specific pairings there will be several different viable builds, but as far as decently good builds not counting marriage or DLC classes, this seems really solid. Will be very useful for no grinding playthroughs.

IMO, Sakura is better as a magical unit rather than a physical one. Instead of changing her to a War Priestess, I'd go for Exorcist as her final class.

If you compare her max stats in War Priestess to her max stats in Exorcist, she's stronger as an Exorcist:

War Priestess: 50 / 29 / 34 / 29 / 34 / 34 / 25 / 34

Exorcist: 45 / 25 / 35 / 30 / 33 / 27 / 24 / 31

If you went the Exorcist route, you could swap Rally Luck for Tomefaire, effectively making that 35 MAG 40. Plus, IRC, both War Priestess and Exorcist use staves. The only real difference between the classes is one uses bows (War Priestess) and the other uses tomes (Exorcist).

-----------------------------------------

That's pretty much the only set up I disagree with, the rest look fine. Granted, I haven't looked at them all in detail, but they look like they'll work fine.

I imagine that with specific pairings there will be several different viable builds, but as far as decently good builds not counting marriage or DLC classes, this seems really solid. Will be very useful for no grinding pl

Thanks so much for the help. I'll probably be grinding severely though to get all of the skills, and there are DLC classes involved, well, if you count Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon as DLC since they do get scrolls for transformation, it's italicized.

IMO, Sakura is better as a magical unit rather than a physical one. Instead of changing her to a War Priestess, I'd go for Exorcist as her final class.

If you compare her max stats in War Priestess to her max stats in Exorcist, she's stronger as an Exorcist:

War Priestess: 50 / 29 / 34 / 29 / 34 / 34 / 25 / 34

Exorcist: 45 / 25 / 35 / 30 / 33 / 27 / 24 / 31

If you went the Exorcist route, you could swap Rally Luck for Tomefaire, effectively making that 35 MAG 40. Plus, IRC, both War Priestess and Exorcist use staves. The only real difference between the classes is one uses bows (War Priestess) and the other uses tomes (Exorcist).

-----------------------------------------

That's pretty much the only set up I disagree with, the rest look fine. Granted, I haven't looked at them all in detail, but they look like they'll work fine.

Ah, alright, I'll get to setting that up as well. Sounds much better for her - I was only going off the fact that her class in the Nohr path when you encounter her is War Priestess, and similar to how Lissa's sage class looked exactly like Emmeryn's in Awakening, I figured it'd be canon as well.

Edited by PokemonTrainer77

Imo, fuuga largely makes up for his jeigan level growths with great bases. I believe he has the highest base hp, str, and def, with solid skl and spd as well.

I'm probably still going to drop a ton of my stat boosts onto him rather than the Avatar, who I can just keep spamming the Eternal Seal on, since you have a chance to get them in the Duelist Museum Map.