What was the most difficult chapter you played? (gameplay spoilers)

Peppy

For me, i'd say Chapter 25 Nohr (considering my avatar wasn't powerful enough to kill the boss alone). The Snake Venom & Four Fang Ninjas at the right side of the map were pretty difficult to deal with.

I agree with Nohr 25 and those damn three-tile-range shuriken. I'd also say the defense map was tough if you want to keep everybody alive, since Takumi's Dragon Vein ability messes up the positioning you have, and the escape map with all the golems (I'm not very good at remembering which chapter's which number, I've noticed...).

The Hoshido map where you finally take out Ganz is pretty tough as well, honestly, especially compared to other maps on the same route.

Nohr Chapter 10, 25, and 26 (I think? It's the one with half monsters on the left and half nohrians on the right side). Chapter 10 is just plain cruel if you haven't played the map yet. Second playthrough the map was much easier, but rather than actually "defend" the entrance, it's much better to go on the offensive and lessen their numbers so you don't get overwhelmed.

Chapter 25 was another pain due to the right side of the map, but it went well enough when you got a tanky enough person to sit in the doorway for 5 turns with a ranged weapon and turtle the ninjas down.

Chapter 26 was more or less difficult for me cause the only person tanky enough to handle the golems on the left was Marx, and even then I had to get some lucky Sol procs.

21 Nohr Route

The Nosferatu/Faceless are powerful which they can 2HO most of your units, possessing Deadly Breath (Sapping 20% health away if they remain alive) and sandwhiching you further adding along with the difficulty of the Golems which you can never double attack. Reinforcements have Nihilistic Curse which gives you no EXP. Plus all units have to escape, or the map won't end.

22 Nohr route.

It was fustrating as hell and puts Thracia's difficulty to shame. Play this on Classic. It's geared to only players who've played other games. Otherwise, I recommend casual.phoenix on Nohr's route. Let's see...

-They sandwich you.

-Sakura heals the units that your trying to kill. (Thank god that you can''t kill her as it will absolutely tear me apart if anyone harms a hair on her head! This will protect her from other players that want to kill her.)

-They pelt you with a mouthful of Ninja stars at long range.

-You sometimes don't get time to heal as the reinforcement AI goes aggro like it should.

-You could get screwed if you haven't trained your units well enough.

-Subaki/Hana may be difficult to take down without main, Rallied, and or an Aptituded unit.

-You characters are separate into three different parts as they cannot be together.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Nohr chapter 10 is a fantastic wake up call, and it's at that point I got really, really into Fates. Kicked my ass for awhile, and I've been playing since FE7's North American launch! (Chapter 8 is also a very nice way to show newbies that the Nohr route demands competence.)

Nohr chapter 17 truly made me dread enemy Elite Ninjas. Not even Xander or Effie could survive multiple attacks from them, especially with their sapping skills and debuffs. The boss is a call back to the old days of FE6, those throne bonuses, plus his strength, speed, and magic? Oh my god. Zero and Asyura were my only units with an above 40% hit rate on him. Not to mention the Sword Master that brought Effie into the boss' range, where she promptly got destroyed by his magic shuriken.

Chapter 19 is an interesting experience. So many foxes with ability to pass through your lines, and be unable to be attacked until they want to. The line of death ones in particular were irritating, as they would suicide themselves so that my units would die. This map in particular In would have been so easy to cheese if it were a defeat boss map, as even if Nishiki is strong, you could just fly towards him and give no damns about anything. Also beast slayer on every enemy makes Xander and Leo cry. Camilla fell off completely here, and I struggled to get her back on track.

Chapter 21 had those sapping Faceless, and irritating Golems. Golems are irritating as hell.

Chapter 23 was hard. Takumi constantly attacking you makes the castle climb tense, and competent enemies are everywhere. RIP Hinata and Oboro.

Chapter 25, was hard for me, but that was because my Kamui wasn't capable of taking Ryoma on in single combat. (Because of Ryoma's much better 2 range option) I tried to rush to get to my other units to Ryoma, so I ended up making the map harder on myself.

I had a lot of fun with Nohr, and am playing Hoshido now. Then I'll end it off with IK.

Edited by Monado Boy

Nohr chapter 10 is a fantastic wake up call, and it's at that point I got really, really into Fates. Kicked my ass for awhile, and I've been playing since FE7's North American launch! (Chapter 8 is also a very nice way to show newbies that the Nohr route demands competence.)

Nohr chapter 17 truly made me dread enemy Elite Ninjas. Not even Xander or Effie could survive multiple attacks from them, especially with their sapping skills and debuffs. The boss is a call back to the old days of FE6, those throne bonuses, plus his strength, speed, and magic? Oh my god. Zero and Asyura were my only units with an above 40% hit rate on him. Not to mention the Sword Master that brought Effie into the boss' range, where she promptly got destroyed by his magic shuriken.

Chapter 19 is an interesting experience. So many foxes with ability to pass through your lines, and be unable to be attacked until they want to. The line of death ones in particular were irritating, as they would suicide themselves so that my units would die. This map in particular In would have been so easy to cheese if it were a defeat boss map, as even if Nishiki is strong, you could just fly towards him and give no damns about anything. Also beast slayer on every enemy makes Xander and Leo cry. Camilla fell off completely here, and I struggled to get her back on track.

Chapter 21 had those sapping Faceless, and irritating Golems. Golems are irritating as hell.

Chapter 23 was hard. Takumi constantly attacking you makes the castle climb tense, and competent enemies are everywhere. RIP Hinata and Oboro.

Chapter 25, was hard for me, but that was because my Kamui wasn't capable of taking Ryoma on in single combat. (Because of Ryoma's much better 2 range option) I tried to rush to get to my other units to Ryoma, so I ended up making the map harder on myself.

I had a lot of fun with Nohr, and am playing Hoshido now. Then I'll end it off with IK.

I say WTF :wtf: at that moment. Guess the developers didn't want you to harm them whenever they are in their Red Riding Hood forms. Had my fliers Kami and Sophie do a risky solo with the Beast Killer to milk some good EXP from them!

Further hard as they can stone you from up to five space away!

I had Kami learn

JvDNuI.jpg

these by then except for Sol and Axe breaker which he learned at the end of the mission when I had him solo most of it! It was fun to watch him constantly Dragon Fanging and

9vQwc4.jpgQTeZR1.jpg

this towards the end of the mission (Classed changed him just before going into the castle) along with this

adding along with it makes it even better! Fun to have Galeforced it for the first time which he/she should learn right now if you had him/her kill all bosses and tougher enemies throughout the game!

CVXdhK.jpg

It was absolutely fun watching her solo the reinforcements being supported with B Flora. :D

She can get reasonable time to become this!

Ch25

Can have fun Galeforcing it! ^_^

Edited by Princess_Florina

I'm intent on doing Nohrmal classic as my first playthrough.

Nothing will deter me.

Nohr on normal is surprisingly easy, actually. A whole bunch of abilities and entire traps are removed entirely; you can overpower pretty much anything in your path with relative ease, especially with Xander, who cannot be hurt by physical attacks.

Chapter 10 & 20 & 21 are difficult for the first time. The more we know about the maps and enemies, the easier they are. With some reverse weapons, I can beat all enemies in Chapter 10 now.

I repeated Chapter 17 many times until I noticed that I could let my units stay at the left side and wait. Now it is one of the easiest chapter for me.

Chapter 23 & 25 & 26 are still full of challenge even when we know how to deal with it. We may use different characters and they may have different growth, so the tactics can't be copied from last time or from other players.

Foxes in Chapter 19 have high avoids. It is not difficult but we need to be careful and keep thinking, because we cannot make sure what is going to happen.

Edited by Tooru

Foxes in Chapter 19 have high avoids. It is not difficult but we need to be careful and keep thinking, because we cannot make sure what is going to happen.

That was seriously the only really unfair map in Conquest. I didn't like the Wind Clan Village either because the map gimmick was insufferable, but it wasn't unfair. The foxes can walk normally in the forest terrain, unlike you, and can thus chase your fragile units without a problem after an invulnerable turn, which I believe happen completely at random.

Chapter 10 in Nohr, which I'm unable to complete on Hard. I can usually get as far as Takumi activating Dragon's Vein, but something always ends up going wrong.

When I first played Nohr, it felt challenging even on Normal, but my second time through it's much easier. Probably because I'm accustomed to the game now; even Chapter 10 on Normal is a breeze.

The final chapters of Nohr and IK are challenging, but that's largely because there's no saving in-between.

Edited by CyborgZeta

Nohr on normal is surprisingly easy, actually. A whole bunch of abilities and entire traps are removed entirely; you can overpower pretty much anything in your path with relative ease, especially with Xander, who cannot be hurt by physical attacks.

Nuts!

Completely nuts to touch it beyond Normal. Chapter 25 and Final Chapter also took many restarts because of the really high level enemies.

For me, Shinonome's paralogue...lol..

honestly I didn't have trouble with much of the chapters and late game most of my units were really tanky or strong;

but Shinonome's paralogue is REALLY annoying ?!

In all of my playthroughs, I didn't recruit him until really late game, so all of the enemies could easily ohko him,

and he literally chased after all the enemy asking for death.

Plus, none of your units can really protect him unless they have galeforce and clone;

basically, if you recruit him late game, you have to reach and somehow kill the enemies around him or surround him with a protective barrier on the very first turn.

It didn't help that Ryouma was flimsy and galeforce can't activate when paired up ><

I mean, you could also give Shinonome miracle or something, that might help; rescue staff doesn't help either b/c you have to keep him away from enemies or he'll go for them. SO yeah, don't recruit him late game lol

Oh, and that one IK chapter (24? maybe?) where you have to do stealth mode to get the boots reward is kind of hard as well.

I think it might be easier if you only use like two units though ? and know the pattern. I didn't do..either of those things xD

Although was too afraid to face the enemies in the east in Ch26 as that was quite a handful and didn't want to end up starting over if one of them died. Thought the treasure on the right had nothing that I wanted but it had a Warrior Nagnita (A Ranked Zanbato). I'm sure you can get these in the treasure DLC episode as well. Plus no one would be able to use them as the weapons there are at ranks that you won't reach and some classes cap below A level.