Kinda offtopic (sorry!) but wouldn't a +SPD FeMui make Kinu's SKL 0 because Speed as an asset gets you 2 Skill + the child bonus?

Also I did the calculations and Orochi!Hinata x +Res/Spd Kamui! Kanna would be

Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

2 6 2 -1 0 2 6 whoah forgot spd flaw

2 6 1 -4 -1 2 6

would post the calculations but it'd be so offcentered l0l

Edited by Pokechu

Kinda offtopic (sorry!) but wouldn't a +SPD FeMui make Kinu's SKL 0 because Speed as an asset gets you 2 Skill + the child bonus?

Also I did the calculations and Orochi!Hinata x +Res/Spd Kamui! Kanna would be

Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

2 6 2 -1 0 2 6 whoah forgot spd flaw

2 6 1 -4 -1 2 6

would post the calculations but it'd be so offcentered l0l

Those mods aren't too bad, Kanna could be a good mix attaker but that speed is painfully bad Edited by CrazyFiasco

Having Kaze marry someone with a negative -Luck modifier and/or negative -Speed modifier.

Well, from what I've seen. I've heard that Orochi!Midoriko isn't a terrible way to go.

Midoriko's modifiers would be:

Strength: -1

Magic : +4

Skill: +5

Speed: +2

Luck: -2

Defense:-2

Resistance: +3

Base Growths would be:

HP: 45%

STR: ~26%

MAG: ~23%

SKL: 50%

SPD: ~38%

LCK: 35%

DEF: 25%

RES: 33%

From the pairing, she'll have access to Basara which has pretty nice growth all across the board:

Basara!Midoriko Growths

HP:65%

STR: ~36%

MAG:~33%

SKL: 60%

SPD: ~48%

LCK: 50%

DEF: 30%

RES: ~43%

Orochi would only be a good mother for Syalla or Ophelia, but the two get a nasty hit to their speed. It seems like Midoriko would suffer the least from Orochi.

But back to un-optimzaton…. Orochi!Kisaragi has a pretty bad SPD mod… although he does get Basara….

Which he already gets cause Takumi passes down Lancer. All Kisamerica gets is Exorcist which he doesn't need at all.

Orochi, by my observations, looks to be the worst mother overall. Even among the magical pairings she could have (so basically just Tsuko and Odin), she's still not the best option (Though not a bad one). Kinu, however, could be alright, since Orochi's skill patches up Nishiki's, and his speed patches up hers. She'll have most of her uses as a pretty good mage tank, though I'm unsure how much that's needed. Her strength will also be cut in half, so yeah.

Honestly I'm thinking of making a +Res/Mag/Spd Kamui marry her, cause at least that'll be a boon to Kanna's dragonstone use, at the very least.

Which he already gets cause Takumi passes down Lancer. All Kisamerica gets is Exorcist which he doesn't need at all.

Orochi, by my observations, looks to be the worst mother overall. Even among the magical pairings she could have (so basically just Tsuko and Odin), she's still not the best option (Though not a bad one). Kinu, however, could be alright, since Orochi's skill patches up Nishiki's, and his speed patches up hers. She'll have most of her uses as a pretty good mage tank, though I'm unsure how much that's needed. Her strength will also be cut in half, so yeah.

Honestly I'm thinking of making a +Res/Mag/Spd Kamui marry her, cause at least that'll be a boon to Kanna's dragonstone use, at the very least.

+mag and Orochi makes the best magic, Dragon using Kanna.

Well, yes, Orochi does have 65% magic, which is the best that any mother can offer (the kids never offer more, and due to averaging it will normally be less)…. if (mother+child)/2 occurs, you'd get 47.5% magic on Kanna this way (Kanna has a base of 30%)

But she'd also have pretty rotten SPD…. granted, Kanna is fairly speed, so maybe she'd be looking at 45% SPD (default) --> 30% SPD (Orochi!Kanna)

But it would be kind of unoptimal to go Orochi!kanna in the first place in the sense of the larger team, both for mods and due to losing a kid.

Well, yes, Orochi does have 65% magic, which is the best that any mother can offer (the kids never offer more, and due to averaging it will normally be less)…. if (mother+child)/2 occurs, you'd get 47.5% magic on Kanna this way (Kanna has a base of 30%)

But she'd also have pretty rotten SPD…. granted, Kanna is fairly speed, so maybe she'd be looking at 45% SPD (default) --> 30% SPD (Orochi!Kanna)

But it would be kind of unoptimal to go Orochi!kanna in the first place in the sense of the larger team, both for mods and due to losing a kid.

well if you can make great enough optimal kids losing 1 kid wouldn't hurt.

Well, yes, Orochi does have 65% magic, which is the best that any mother can offer (the kids never offer more, and due to averaging it will normally be less). if (mother+child)/2 occurs, you'd get 47.5% magic on Kanna this way (Kanna has a base of 30%)

But she'd also have pretty rotten SPD. granted, Kanna is fairly speed, so maybe she'd be looking at 45% SPD (default) --> 30% SPD (Orochi!Kanna)

Well, granted, I am assuming we are using Awakening's growth system to determine Kanna's, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be different. Till that's proven though, I'm using what I have.

Kanna, if you go +Mag or + Res (with no flaw that takes away from speed), gets about a 37% speed growth, which isn't awful considering the classes available to her. +Spd gives her a straight 40%.

Not saying Orochi is the most optimal mother for anybody. What I am saying, however, that Orochi mothering any other kid will be worse off than the alternative. Of course, marrying Orochi means losing out on a kid anyway, which might bother some people. So nobody really wins in that case.

Well, I do, but I'm okay with not having Dia on my team.

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

Is Elise an unoptimal mother for Kisaragi?

Not really. Magic bow helps a lot, and she actually fixes his speed mod but lowers his skl, which isn't terrible. He can also go strategist and nab tomefaire. Either way, it isn't Takumi's worse pair.

I'd imagine Felicia!Ingis to be pretty shitty.

Not really. Magic bow helps a lot, and she actually fixes his speed mod but lowers his skl, which isn't terrible. He can also go strategist and nab tomefaire. Either way, it isn't Takumi's worse pair.

I'd imagine Felicia!Ingis to be pretty shitty.

Only Exorcist gets tomefaire, which isn't a class that Elise passes down. He does get Butler though, which grants him tomebreaker, which is what I think you meant.

Although worh noting that he can get that class from buddy sealing Dia or Foleo, or have it passed down from Takumi if he buddy sealed Joker.