New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

Layla's mentioned a few times

The characters that aren't officially in any games/aren't seen are usually ones that have appeared in side material or just mentioned by characters

I think Tokiko and one other girl are the only female characters that aren't in a game, so far.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official manga is where a lot of the character interactions and backstories are. Give them a look.

Layla's mentioned a few times
The characters that aren't officially in any games/aren't seen are usually ones that have appeared in side material or just mentioned by characters
I think Tokiko and one other girl are the only female characters that aren't in a game, so far.

Watatsukis, Renko, Maribel, Akyuu.

Edited by Zeems

Layla has bits and pieces of her backstory, which can be compiled to form a likeable character. That being said, however, you never actually see how she looks, nor do you know much about her actual personality (except what you can derive from her actions in said backstory, which isn't much), so those are basically left to the imagination of the fans.

Also, I would highly recommend trying out a different team other than Magic Team. Alice is horrendously weak, and will make the game much harder unless you want to Malice Cannon. I would personally recommend Border Team or Netherworld Team. Scarlet Team can be pretty awesome, but they're hard to use so I wouldn't recommend them for a new player. I'd highly recommend Netherworld Team, personally, and Youmu is one of the faster characters if you're concerned about that. Yuyuko may be slow, but her huge spread obliterates generic enemies extremely well, especially if they have familiar shields.

Also, if you pick Border/Netherworld, then you don't have to fight Reimu... which is not necessarily a good thing because I find the other boss harder

Edited by Rainbow

I'm still disappointed that the Watasukis weren't in LoLK. They're overpowered as fuck but it'd be cool character development for the heroines to actually be able to match them now or something.

Suwako's amazing fam

Yumeko's best PC-98 what more do you want

I know, I was just making fun of how people in the sorter thread say results are terrible if their waifus aren't on someone's top 10 or something.

I know, I was just making fun of how people in the sorter thread say results are terrible if their waifus aren't on someone's top 10 or something.

Oh, lol. Still, she is best PC-98.

Layla has bits and pieces of her backstory, which can be compiled to form a likeable character. That being said, however, you never actually see how she looks, nor do you know much about her actual personality (except what you can derive from her actions in said backstory, which isn't much), so those are basically left to the imagination of the fans.

To be fair, most things in the series are fan-interpretation and fanon anyways.

ah yes, the Mary Sue's, CD grills and the racist one

how I have forgotten

That reminds me how some characters are described by title in lack of a real name.

"Girl from the jacket" has nothing on "Wheel Demon" though.

The Youmu+Yuyuko team is fun, I guess I'll play as them. I like Youmu's ghost, it's fun trying to control it. Also, I'll look into the mangas and SWR is almost done downloading!

My Extra NB was with Remilia solo, her static familiar obliterates everything k

It's not even that hard to use.

Edit: Though regarding MoF Marisa C, I don't like that I need to wait a few seconds for the familiars to return to me, meaning I can't quickly move them during stage segments.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

aren't Remilia's familiars just "go close to the boss real quick, hold focus to place them, and move away before you get hit"

That's MoF!MarisaC. Remi's familiars are long range.

I tried playing SWR, but it was entirely in Japanese, I have no idea how the mechanics work, what are the controls and I got destroyed by Reimu on easy mode.

I have a feeling that this is some meme-tic level of being bad at games.

I tried playing SWR, but it was entirely in Japanese, I have no idea how the mechanics work, what are the controls and I got destroyed by Reimu on easy mode.

I have a feeling that this is some meme-tic level of being bad at games.

no, I'm the only one allowed to suck at SWR! Get good!

Serious: I can't help you, go play Urban Legend in Limbo instead. Then I'll be able to help you.

All of the Touhou fighters look hard to me, it's like you constantly have to look at all these gauges and bars and ULiL is a flying fighter thing and oh god this fandom.

This is overwhelming.

; w ;