It's not that bad at low power but I feel it just gets worse at high power
And it doesn't quite make up for the lack of power either eh

but yeah it's an underwhelming if interesting shot

Edited by Tonton

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese Locale...? It just spouts gibberish.

Also, ah, I'm having so much fun in this topic! Also, what are shot types? Like, the shapes of the bullets or something...?

EoSD should not require Japanese locale so that shouldn't be the issue anyway...

Basically, the different types of "characters" that you can play as. In the case of IN, the shot types are basically the four teams (plus the eight solo characters that you can unlock later). They're distinctly different in IN so you can call them as separate teams, but in some games, you can have even the same character possessing multiple variants (different bullet style, different bomb, etc), so the term "shot type" is a general term to refer to any distinct (gameplay-wise) entity that you play as.

And that is why you'll never score.

You are never gonna score.

And you're never never never never going to score!

But I need better incentive to do something that's impossible than "just doing" it especially because I'm stressed to death of other crap in life at the moment.

But I need better incentive to do something that's impossible than "just doing" it especially because I'm stressed to death of other crap in life at the moment.

Unwind, my friend. Throw in a credit or two and you'll be fiiiine

It's summer!

I probably should. Sorrys...

Battle Frontering in Touhoumon Purple. I like how the early-rank trainers use chibis/unevolveds, even in vanilla Emerald. I'm doing the open level 100s run get those chibis outta here.

I probably should. Sorrys...

Battle Frontering in Touhoumon Purple. I like how the early-rank trainers use chibis/unevolveds, even in vanilla Emerald. I'm doing the open level 100s run get those chibis outta here.

Don't worry about a thing. :)

Sounds like fun

qUjh7eF.png?1

Rip me.

Also, if anyone knows a place to get a Touhou wallpaper that's set in a flowery/gardeny/foresty/rainy scene, I would be super thankful.

Purple flower background, yay~

Well, you should consider switching to Japanese locale anyway. Go to Control Panel -> Language/Region or whatever -> Change location. You should be directed to a screen like this, where you can change the system locale to Japanese. Note that you would have to restart your PC for that.

Changing to Japanese locale shouldn't have significant adverse effects (you might not even notice most of the changes), so you can stick to Japanese locale like I do (for reading mah VNs), but even if you don't want, it may be worth at least checking out whether Japanese locale solves the EoSD problem.

For a flowery Touhou wallpaper, I love this one and had it as my wallpaper for a long time: http://www.zerochan.net/827824

Oh, thanks!

Well um, I love it as an art piece, but sunshine isn't really my style, sorry. ; -;

I'll try playing around with editing it in Sai to fit my love for purple stuff.

It's super blurry, I can't use it. ; -;

Edited by Floral Pattern

Oh, now it's better, I'll try out both and mess around with their colours. Anyways, I'm watching the anime now and I'm kind of confused, is everyone in Gensokyo super friendly, easy to provoke, extreme and lazy? I'm kind of confused how Marisa just attacked Youmu and Yuyuko without any warning and then they had a party.

Don't worry about a thing. :)

Sounds like fun

thanks.. :)

its kinda weird a base 100 speed mon not even fully invested outspeed a base 120 speed mon and im like "holy fuck what kind of spread is that. >__>"

Oh, now it's better, I'll try out both and mess around with their colours. Anyways, I'm watching the anime now and I'm kind of confused, is everyone in Gensokyo super friendly, easy to provoke, extreme and lazy? I'm kind of confused how Marisa just attacked Youmu and Yuyuko without any warning and then they had a party.

"everyone is weird" is the proper answer.

EoSD should not require Japanese locale so that shouldn't be the issue anyway...

Basically, the different types of "characters" that you can play as. In the case of IN, the shot types are basically the four teams (plus the eight solo characters that you can unlock later). They're distinctly different in IN so you can call them as separate teams, but in some games, you can have even the same character possessing multiple variants (different bullet style, different bomb, etc), so the term "shot type" is a general term to refer to any distinct (gameplay-wise) entity that you play as.

Pretty confident EoSD did. Its executable and dat files are named in kanji and everything.

Does it throw the same error both before and after patching it to English?

There are two files, one is already patched, but even after I changed my locale, both of them say the same thing as before.

Is it even possible for a Gensokyo resident to have a normal, calm and meaningful conversation?

Edited by Floral Pattern

I'll have to wait until I'm home from work to help walk you through it then I guess. That said, I don't actually see the error message in your latest screenshot at all.

I managed to get EoSD to work, years ago, on a Windows 7 machine without changing the locale. So I don't think the locale is the issue. I'm not really sure what the problem here is, though. Could be a DirectX issue, which is a common problem, but they tend to have readable error messages so idk.

I think you should just apply the Vsync patch for EoSD anyway. Who knows, that might actually work.

Ooooh, that's a nice wallpaper. I guess you like the dark and gloomy type of background, huh?