New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

YuGiOh'll get better eventually, once they get out of the two-deck-rut they got into again. >.<

Also comment from that vid

"Clearly not Earthbound Zero style... the sound effects are from dragon quest... and the player attempts to run away 8 times before fighting back with guaranteed crits which is a known glitch in Dragon Quest 4... plus attacking Kaguya has the same sound effects as the fight with Necrosaro.. This is actually clearly a romhack of Dragon Quest 4. (assuming its not just a well-made mock video)"

Yugioh is already dead lmao. Also, try as I might, I can't find any DQIV hacks so that theory is absolute garbage.

I heard Dragon Quest

Fwiw DQIV had 8 main playables, Solo/Sofia, Ragnar, Alena, Kiryl, Borya, Torneko, Meena, and Maya

...Sigh.

Um.

Glaceon.

Georgina.

I-

I wanna try out a DQ game which one should I start off with? I remember trying out the one with the bunny girls and classes on the GBC, but it was booooooooooooooring.

Edited by Floral Pattern

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yugioh is already dead lmao. Also, try as I might, I can't find any DQIV hacks so that theory is absolute garbage.

That's true. >.>

Or a god mock vid. There actually was a Touhou themed hack of FFL1/SaGa but HAHA I'm not gonna play a touchy RPG like that if I can't read what's going on.

...Sigh.

Um.

Glaceon.

Georgina.

I-

I wanna try out a DQ game which one should I start off with? I remember trying out the one with the bunny girls and classes on the GBC, but it was booooooooooooooring.

All DQ games have bunny girls tmk

Well, I haven't seen any in II yet, but still

Since it's GBC, you probably mean DQIII. Don't worry, the lack of party members with existent personality bores me too.

My personal favorites are VI (Realms of Revelation) and VII (Fragments of the Forgotten Past), mainly because their class system is excellent. Plotwise, my favorite is probably VIII (Journey of the Cursed King), with V (Hand of the Heavenly Bride) and VI as runners up. IX (Sentinels of the Starry Skies) is alright, I like the villain, but it locks a lot of content behind "have good wifi? No? Screw you." bars that aren't even passable with good wifi since Nintendo shut down DS wifi. The only way to get them now is save hacking.

That's true. >.>

Or a god mock vid. There actually was a Touhou themed hack of FFL1/SaGa but HAHA I'm not gonna play a touchy RPG like that if I can't read what's going on.

Mock videos amaze me. Also, any non-NES (I found a whole ZIP file of them) Touhou rom hacks you know?

nonsense

Uh...I have a PSP that can emulate tons of stuff and a few other consoles that I don't want to play on because they require actual games and money. All those stuff you said just confused me tbh.

Edited by Floral Pattern

Mock videos amaze me. Also, any non-NES (I found a whole ZIP file of them) Touhou rom hacks you know?

Well there's probably a GB hack or two in there, if that was the same ZIP I think it is (the hacks all probably were made by one guy).

There's also a Touhou themed SMW hack but you wouldn't enjoy it because

Uh...I have a PSP that can emulate tons of stuff

SNES emulation on the thing is pretty awful and said hack plays horribly slow.

M

Uh...I have a PSP that can emulate tons of stuff and a few other consoles that I don't want to play on because they require actual games and money. All those stuff you said just confused me tbh.

Okay, here's a system rundown off the top of my head. Bold is versions that, to my knowledge, have official translations.

Dragon Quest I - NES, SNES, GBC (one cart bundle with II), Wii (with 2/3), Android/iOS

Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - NES, SNES, GBC (bundle with I), Wii (with 1/3), Android/iOS

Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation - NES, SNES, GBC, Wii (with 1/2), Android/iOS

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - NES, PSX, DS, Android/iOS

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - SNES, PS2, DS, Android/iOS

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation - SNES, DS, Android/iOS

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - PSX, 3DS (overseas release upcoming), Android/iOS

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - PS2, Android/iOS, 3DS (overseas release upcoming)

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - DS

Dragon Quest X: Wake of the Five Tribes Online - Wii, PC, Wii U, 3DS

Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time - PS4, 3DS, possibly Nintendo NX, upcoming in Japan, no word of an overseas release.

9MXiRqB.jpg

Okay, here's a system rundown off the top of my head. Bold is versions that, to my knowledge, have official translations.
Dragon Quest I - NES, SNES, GBC (one cart bundle with II), Wii (with 2/3), Android/iOS
Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - NES, SNES, GBC (bundle with I), Wii (with 1/3), Android/iOS
Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation - NES, SNES, GBC, Wii (with 1/2), Android/iOS
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - NES, PSX, DS, Android/iOS
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - SNES, PS2, DS, Android/iOS
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation - SNES, DS, Android/iOS
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - PSX, 3DS (overseas release upcoming), Android/iOS
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - PS2, Android/iOS, 3DS (overseas release upcoming)
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - DS
Dragon Quest X: Wake of the Five Tribes Online - Wii, PC, Wii U, 3DS
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time - PS4, 3DS, possibly Nintendo NX, upcoming in Japan, no word of an overseas release.

please calm down

Well there's probably a GB hack or two in there, if that was the same ZIP I think it is (the hacks all probably were made by one guy).

There's also a Touhou themed SMW hack but you wouldn't enjoy it because

SNES emulation on the thing is pretty awful and said hack plays horribly slow.

Yep, they're all made by DASTARD and there's GB hacks. And yeah, SNES sucks for some reason.

Also, holy moly, that's a lot of stuff. Please stop, you know too much about DQ, take a break. I'll try out VII after I finish Tactics Ogre, just remind me when I tell you guys I've beaten it. I have an Enchantress called Marisa with Air, Lightning and Darkness magic. :3

I was just listing platforms...

First, people act surprised when I dump a lot of EXP on Roy and Wolt the first chapter of FE6 Hard, then this! Why is everything I do surprising to people lately?

I was just listing platforms...

First, people act surprised when I dump a lot of EXP on Roy and Wolt the first chapter of FE6 Hard, then this! Why is everything I do surprising to people lately?

i thought it was because it was all the DQ games you played

now im realizing you're just a nerd

as usual

i thought it was because it was all the DQ games you played

now im realizing you're just a nerd

as usual

The ones I've played are a much smaller list

2 versions of 8, 1 for each of the rest except 10/11

How would I play 11 anyway, Japan doesn't have it!

dewit

Chapter 1: Gazzak.

Chapter 2: Gomer.

Chapter 3: Reynard (although Navarre technically also counts as a mid-boss here).

Chapter 4: Bentheon.

Chapter 5: Merach.

Chapter 6: Emereus.

Chapter 7: Harmein.

Chapter 8: Kannival.

Chapter 9: Mannu.

Chapter 10: Zharov.

Chapter 11: Khozen.

Chapter 12: Volzhin and Heimler.

Chapter 13: Grigas.

Chapter 14: Jiol.

Chapter 15: Gharnef.

Chapter 16: Hollstadt.

Chapter 17: Morzas.

Chapter 18: Stalone or something? I don't recall how his name was translated in the FE11 localization.

Chapter 19: Tiki.

Chapter 20: Camus (I'm not sure if Lorenz counts as a mid-boss or not).

Chapter 21: Orridyon.

Chapter 22: Michalis.

Chapter 23: Gharnef.

Chapter 24: Xemcel.

Chapter 25: Medeus.