American Retailers Merge Wii U/3DS Prodoucts under one Nintendo Banner

The DanMan

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/retailers_in_north_america_merge_wii_u_and_3ds_library_under_one_nintendo_banner

Well, major retailers in the US (namely Walmart and Target) seem to be merging Wii U and 3DS products under one banner.

Now, as we all probably know, the most common theory about the NX is that it's both handheld and console, and this merger -to me, personally- seems like another point in the theory's favor.

But then again, it could just be nothing. Thoughts?

It's not redecorating, this definitely seems like rebranding.

- They're merging their console and handhelds under a Nintendo banner, which seems to setup the NX and its presumed "shared library" system.

- It's happening on Gamestop too, which does specialize in video games.

- People have pointed out that the renders of Link and Pikachu used in the stands are actually new promotional images.

- They're going back to red/white as the promotional colors (albeit it's white logo on red BG now, and it used to be the other way around). This was last sen during the Gamecube days.

Still, thinking it has something to do with the NX is a bit presumptuous.

Why? Marketing campaigns are prepared years in advance. Nintendo setting things up for their next system which should be revealed next year is perfectly possible.

All the stores where I live have been doing this for years. GameStop has always had the Nintendo games in one section and I have been shopping there 12 years. I don't see how this is something new and that it is saying something about the NX at all.

All the stores where I live have been doing this for years. GameStop has always had the Nintendo games in one section and I have been shopping there 12 years. I don't see how this is something new and that it is saying something about the NX at all.

They've had the red/white coloring for the past 12 years? And it never used the white DS/3DS and Wii/Wii U advertising?

Seem to me your stores never updated from the GCN years.

The main thing of interest to me is the new images for characters such as Link, this definitely indicates some sort of change. However, it's too early to assume what these changes may indicate, but perhaps we may get a big announcement soon. Hopefully.

They've had the red/white coloring for the past 12 years? And it never used the white DS/3DS and Wii/Wii U advertising?

Seem to me your stores never updated from the GCN years.

They probably mean that the games have always been in a section just marked Nintendo,not the colouring.My Walmart has had just a Nintendo banner (not the red/white,but more grey/red),and it opened WAY after GCN years.

Huh, this might explain why mostly the Nintendo stuff in the Powerzone area was moved around again this week at the store I work at (An AAFES Exchange).

Edited by Anacybele