Two Questions

Tsuteto

One: What constitutes something to level up? Does anyone know? Preferably about both the random and fixed rates

Two: Once in awhile (like, blue moon wise), you can get a +2 in HP when leveling up. Again a random thing, or what?

Please and thank you!

1. You mean what causes a stat to gain 1 point on a level up? That would be Growth Rates. Take for instance, Ike in Path of Radiance. His Growth Rates consist of the following:

HP: 75, STR: 50, MAG: 20, SKL: 50, SPD: 55, LUCK: 35, DEF: 40, RES: 40

This mean, upon level up, HP has a 75% of gaining a point, whereas STR has 50%, MAG has 20%, and so on...

Now I'm not too familiar with fixed rates, however, and they're quite complicated to explain. So, instead I'll be lazy and refer you to this article. http://serenesforest.net/fe9/fixed.htm

That should explain everything you need to know about fixed rate level ups.

2. I can't really explain this, as it's never happened to me before... However, I do have a theory, if the phenomena you describe happened in Fixed Mode that is. According to the article, Fixed level ups are dependent on a "points" system. It also mentions that the max amount of points you can have is 255, and 100 points constitute a +1. Going by this, one can assume that if you had 200 points upon levelup, you would gain a +2. This is really only a theory of mine though...

Hope this helped you in some way. I think I may have left a few gaps though, so if someone could check me here, I'd appreciate it...

I think you got everything

I dont know for sure, but I think Laguz get +2's for HP, but I'm guessing that's not what you are talking about

I've never seen anyone get a +2 Hp stat except for promoting, so if it does exist, it does come once very blue moon

Like Coolguyvaters said, I have only seen sub-humans get +2's in hp. That is because some of them have hp growths higher than 100, thus meaning they will always get 1 and occassionally get 2.

It just happened when I was screwing around on PoR, Janaff got a +2 and I was like "WTF?" And yes, that would be a random mode.

I think it's also happened when I was playing one of the two GBA US releases, but that's too far in the past to consider.

Maybe I need to start recording EVERYTHING I do. Random shit like this happens all time to me, I swear.

I'll let you know if it happens again.

EDIT: Ack, forgot to ask. When the game determines if that percentage of that area rising to be true, are they using the RN system or is it simply a matter of "out of so many levels, you'll get x amount of stat rises and x amount of "misses," but they'll be sporadic throughout the game" thing?