Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I need technical help

fengaridotdll

My sound on my computer randomly stopped working. I know it's not my headphones because I tried different ones, but nothing happened. I even tried to use the same and different headphones in different ports, but nothing happened. I'm on Windows 10, and I tried a bunch of different reccomended things(updating sound drivers, troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers), but still nothing hapened. I can't really play much of anything until this is fixed, but I don't know how to fix it

usb headphones or audio jack?

is your sound totally cut out all the time or only when you do specific things?

Audio jack.

Totally cut out all the time.

Edited by Voidlancer

do you have any usb headphones/speakers you can test on the computer?

furthermore, are the headphones plugged into onboard sound or into a sound card?

I don't have any USB headphones/speakers

They're plugged into a sound card I think

alright, if they're plugged into the back of your computer you should have two distinct blocks of audio jack ports; GENERALLY one lower and one higher. try switching to the other block (or to a front port, if you have those) and see if any of the ports in the other block fixes the deal.

if you're plugged into the sound card and it's hosed, i have no clue because i've never been able to get a sound card to work tbh

if you're plugged into the motherboard and it's hosed, it may be indicative of a larger problem (north bridge being fucked, let's pray not) or it may just be some little silly shit. have you tried repairing windows?

meanwhile i need to sleep so other people can field questions til morning

that's usually indicative of your computer being fuckin weird

technically the jacks work the same way, but the driver should be handling them separately

What the fuck, the driver? I'm talking about a desktop not a car cpu. I know what a driver is.

EDIT-I kind of know.

Edited by Severian