Why is there no "amiibo World" or something?

solrocknroll

I mean, there's so many amiibo already that it'd be remiss to not make a game like this. amiibo do many things for the most part now and have already raked in big bucks, so where's the Disney Infinity equivalent? I mean, you wouldn't even need to make as many; just use the Smash Bros, Mario, Shovel Knight, Chibi-Robo, Woolly World and Animal Crossing series. Not only would it be better for the consumer because of all the different uses that Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures don't have, they'd still have the miscellaneous uses. They could even make it in Nintendo Land's style with Monita as the NPC host or whatever. Maybe have the game come with a Mii amiibo or a Mario series Mario.

If games like Pikmin 4 got amiibo sets, then you could even use them. Nintendo could simply create 1 or more amiibo for each game (Pikmin likely needing Olimar, Brittany, Charlie, Louie, and Alph) and then it'd be easy. You could even use different series for the same character. You could have Smah Olimar and Pikmin Olimar do the same thing; make the same character.

For current amiibo, the only game series that could use amiibo for this that don't have them are Kirby and Zelda to cover Bandana Dee, Magolor, Lana, Skull Kid, Tetra, Midna, and Young Link or so.

Imagine:

All however many Smash characters

All however many Animal Crossing characters

Chibi-Robo

Shovel Knight

Yarn Yoshi

Hyrule Warriors maybe

And any future amiibo. You wouldn't even need to make a new game every year, just patch the current one. I mean, people are buying these amiibo anyway.

As for genre, I dunno what it would be, but hopefully Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Sonic, the Pokemon (because lol the Pokemon Company and Woolly World), and Shovel Knight would be usable.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Franziska von Karma

I would buy it. Most games that use the amiibo right now are normally just one and done things, like unlocking a costume in Super Mario Maker or whatever, or give out a prize bonus every day like in Hyrule Warriors. The only game I think that makes constant use of the amiibo is Super Smash Brothers, but even so, when the amiibo hits level 50, you hardly bring it out again.

It'd be fun to to see an amiibo based game similar to Disney Infinity or Skylanders, where you have to bring out different amiibo to solves puzzles and the like. I can see it happening, but I'm not sure if Nintendo can. DK and Bowser being in Skylanders is about as close as we can get at this point...

Two ideas. One should be easy, the other is fantasy:

1. Take Subspace Emissary from SSBBrawl, expand it with more levels and a new story. Compatible with Smash amiibos and the training data on the amiibos.

2. Revive Captain N and go on an adventure across the Nintendo universe. A RPG that's a cross between Kingdom Hearts and Mass Effect.

I'd like to add to my idea - In Amiibo Kart you can use Amiibo to unlock characters BUT you can also unlock them randomly by winning lots of online races and increasing your ranking. It would be terrible if Amiibo became physical DLC like Skylanders and Disney Infinite.

I'd like to add to my idea - In Amiibo Kart you can use Amiibo to unlock characters BUT you can also unlock them randomly by winning lots of online races and increasing your ranking. It would be terrible if Amiibo became physical DLC like Skylanders and Disney Infinite.

They already have.

Spinner - Hyrule Warriors

FE Characters - Codename STEAM

amiibo party - Mario Party 10

Extra Challenges - Splatoon

The entirety of amiibo Festival

Yeah, they have. This would just help justify it.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't figurines basically required to play Skylanders and Infinity at all? Like, you'll have massive chunks of game missing without figurines. In most Nintendo games you still get 95% of the content without Amiibo

I'm pretty sure we don't have a game like this because of all the dumb fans that would complain because it requires Amiibo...

I can kinda see why people would complain. Imagine Smash if you could only get certain characters by having their amiibo? DLC is one thing, but having to pay double retail price to get access to the full game would be somewhat annoying.

That's true, but why not make the game itself not as expensive as your typical Wii or 3DS title? That would kind of even out the cost of playing it. Also, obviously, Nintendo would bundle it with an Amiibo.

Edited by Anacybele