Anyone have Triforce Heroes?

Jotari

I have it, but the time I have to play it right now I play single player because I could get interrupted by family. I may try online tonight if everything works out, the name I play under is Zillian but like I said I will play online at random.

Online multiplayer is region locked (the servers suck so I'm kinda glad) but there's a thread for this already.

I have the game, but I don't live in Europe so

That seems ridiculous. The game is primarily online so it should have the best online capabilities with the most varied options. If you can play Smash Bros with three other people online where the position of each characters is crucial, then they should at least be capable of playing with two others in a game where rubberbanding and other tricks are possible. It won't be as smooth playing inter continentally but the option should at least be there.

Online multiplayer is region locked (the servers suck so I'm kinda glad) but there's a thread for this already.

There are no servers. It only has matchmaking servers but once you are connected with another player it is all p2p. That means your connection is dependent on the player's connections and not from Nintendo's online service.

Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Splatoon and majority of the online console games you play are all p2p and no actual dedicated servers.

The reason this game laggy seems compared to MK8 and Splatoon is because it requires everyone to be in sync something that Mario Kart and splatoon doesn't need which is why you see weird graphical jumps in those online plays.

Edited by kingddd

Huh, I assumed it was a server since I've played other games over overseas internet no issue, while this lags like crazy a lot.

Either way, region lock still exists, so... Yeah, I'm still rather unhelpful.

It depends on the games. If you are playing shooting, racing or general big player online games where not everything is on the screen it doesn't need as much precise netcode in order to sync in with all the players which is why many of those games are graphically lag free. But behind the scenes, there is a lot of dropped packets.

For example, in Mario Kart, a player could have hit an item box but on another player's screen that item box would not have disappeared because the game's online netcode is designed so that it does not need to sync in with everyone's connection in order to keep the graphical performance up to standard and this prevents graphical lag from ever occurring which is why everyone praises its online play even though there are lot of things that are not updated properly.

Fighting games or Zelda triforce Heroes need to be completely in sync with every action that occurs because otherwise, the characters would be flying everywhere if someone had a bad connection. Which is why you get a lot of lag complaints in fighting games online in general.

Edited by kingddd