FE6 randomized draft

Gradivus.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peg Sophia can ferry stuff. Sounds fine to me!

Pirate Tate.

At the rate Bors has been proccing levels, he's not getting promoted. Berserker!Tate with her at least 11 str 12 skl 14 speed with a Killer Axe will have some Paladin/Wyvern killing niches!

Edited by Irysa

I ran into the same Gonz issue so I hacked him back to Brigand. He rolled Pirate. If I take a turn penalty, I will. Not like I'm in contention anyway. I just want to finish and get my Thief!Lalum!

Edit: it's not working. Think I'm gonna have to give his class mountainwalk

Edit2: Nothing is working. Thankfully I saved the original rom before the bases changes, but I'm gonna have to restart. I have a savestate in chapter 9, honna see if that will fix it first

Edited by TempestStorm

Since it's just removing a glitch, I don't think we should put a penalty on it.

(Did it solve things, anyway? The way you put it, I think it did but just asking)

Retrospectively, I think warp is too good. I'm just predicting, but with that Roy + hopefully competent Noah, I'll be able to cheese C14x, 2-turn C15 very easily with 1 warp, skip the majority of C16, skip most of C16x and cheese 18S, 19S, 21x, 22 an 23. The reasons why it's banned in vanilla FE6 still seem to apply very much to the randomized version, with the added factor of getting a Hammerne / Warp via randomizer. I'm not exactly sure why I expected the opposite, so yeah. Ideas?

Edited by Gradivus.

I'll replace Lalum by Thief!Elphin then, we'll have to blame the randomizer.

Edited by Gradivus.

I don't feel like including double picking a unit when they aren't very valuable anyway is worth it, tbh.

On another note, I think a rule we might add to future randomized drafts would be allowing for a unit to be picked multiple times in the first round to make units that might be very important (wyvern riders, mainly) unsnipable. It'd only be allowed to copy-pick a unit in the first round (the second unit of the 5th player doesn't count as first round).

Edited by Gradivus.

boo, if we were going to have to force bartre route then i would have picked bartre oh well, maybe I won't get the glitch.

Retrospectively, I think warp is too good. I'm just predicting, but with that Roy + hopefully competent Noah, I'll be able to cheese C14x, 2-turn C15 very easily with 1 warp, skip the majority of C16, skip most of C16x and cheese 18S, 19S, 21x, 22 an 23. The reasons why it's banned in vanilla FE6 still seem to apply very much to the randomized version, with the added factor of getting a Hammerne / Warp via randomizer. I'm not exactly sure why I expected the opposite, so yeah. Ideas?

It's pretty unfair to fix that now given some people drafted stuff like Bishop Klein or Druid Percival specifically because of Warp being allowed.

Edited by Irysa

It's pretty unfair to fix that now given some people drafted stuff like Bishop Klein or Druid Percival specifically because of Warp being allowed.

Yeah, true. It should be kept in mind for future drafts though.

Edited by Gradivus.

If you didn't reach chapter 10 yet, you MIGHT be able to fix your rom by changing Gonz into a brigand. I played into chapter 10 and Gonz got locked into Pirate, breaking the game.

Edit: If Elphin can't be picked twice, I'm willing to let fecai pick between Cath/Bartre and take the other one

Edit2: Just noticed Lalum was put back in the pool, so nevermind :P

Edited by TempestStorm

Did you hit the Apply Changes button / enter in nightmare? You need to do it for the rom to be changed, it's something I overlooked the first time I used it too.

seems like i cant add, the turnscounts are fixed

i experimented with going batres route but the game locks up again on the cutscene when miledy carries guineviere

across the river. skipping the cutscene with enter still results in the game locking up

it looks like nightmare editing is the only way to go although im unsure as to how to do that

also im ok with banning warp

Edited by fireemblemcai

What chapter is that Guen scene? If it's the chapter I am thinking of, you just need to skip it right away and it should be fine.

Through chapter 8x is up here. I changed the stats order at the end to make it more organized, but didn't feel like it for the rest https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m9sfu2QXtA2Q0DcuX9fOJTQoU8XeBy87j15DKkLbn5s/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by TempestStorm

fireemblemcai, it's your turn. Also @the people that haven't posted their Roy/Marcus/refresher data yet, do it soon pls so I can submit the list completely.

C9 6/67 turns

Spoiler

q1e732j.png

The starting formation. Sue (female Myrm) is fielded to recruit Shin. Noah will be very helpful here for recruiting Fir and taking shortcuts over the ocean parts of the map, while Roy and Lugh can proceed through the land mass at a brisk pace with their solid mobility and combat.

gBN13GV.png

Wolt will just spam Torch the whole time, which also lets him gain more exp than from generic healing staves.

cQKUJWN.png

Saul rescues Sue, Marcus and Lugh just fullmove ahead.

aYthjdU.png.5tOryqv.png

Lance + Noah drop Roy across the river and Noah goes onto a tile that lets him pull a Fighter.

BeBbuGo.png

Barth moves down here, taking Sue from Saul.

ExRYFDI.png

EP, Noah hits this Fighter back with a Javelin.

uuLH61E.png.BZDid74.png

Barth gives Sue to Lugh, who faced both Pirates during the EP. Marcus and Saul kill enemies in the way.

PPcV3fh.png.m1sipXS.png

Lugh gives Sue to Roy and heals with a vulnerary. Roy then ORKOes the archer, doubling despite the spd penalty. He uses a hand axe for this, which is important due to the EP.

xQfiZEJ.png

Noah attacks this Fighter with a Javelin, dodging the counterattack aswell.

OoQiOl1.png.JGWz4Um.png.n4s25uo5.png

EP, he hits the Merc back, which allows me to kill him next turn. The fighter he hit twice before with a javelin dies on counter; he attacks Noah because Roy has the Hand Axe (I tried with Iron Axe and Steel Sword and he'd get attacked). Another Fighter attacks him, but it doesn't matter that Noah whiffs the Javelin (he also dodges, which doesn't matter either).

ctvc7EP.png

Lugh kills this Fighter, dodging the counterattack.

BVhkxN8.png.i995acdg.png

Roy moves ahead, Noah takes Sue and blocks the chokepoint.

XCTCCwE.png

Lugh got hit by an Iron Sword and Noah by both the enemies he faced on the EP. They only took like ~7 dmg each.

6oCTbAM.png.5I7YfjX.png

Turn 4, Lugh ORKOes a Fighter in the way, Roy and Noah take positions.

axR8Gr4.png.t3pc5Yq.png.cfeH9d3.png

EP, Fir attacks Roy with Longbow. An archer suicides against him and a fighter attacks Lugh and misses.

WrdfcE6.png.1qTzR0c.png

Turn 5, Noah drops Sue on a tile where she can recruit Shin, who didn't move yet due to being a bard, next turn. Since she needs to be shielded from all enemies due to her low defenses, Noah blocks off Fir...

tSLsFXJ.png.duWxr4F.png

...and Lugh kills the Mage with a ballista, Roy .goes onto the tile above him and swaps him back to iron bow.

UYAr9z9.png.zYWOc2N.png.chdvfPt.png

EP, Fir attacks Noah, a Fighter misses Lugh and an archer suicides on him.

hkgB3Dj.png

Stuff after the EP. Enemies just barely failed to reach Sue and Shin started moving.

3Iu9qvf.png.sZb4UTe.png

Turn 6, Sue and Noah recruit Shin and Fir respectively.

FV3JY1X.png

Lugh killer ballista's Scott, who rolled Wyvern Lord with Brave Sword and 22 Spd (lol).

KFt4vpV.png.5kLoU2B.png

Roy kills a Mercenary for a bit for exp and is danced by Shin.

ayD5E58.png.IEhiCSu.png

He seizes on turn 6.

UNIT     CLASS     LEVEL  HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES   WEXP
Roy      Hero    13/1.30  35  16  15  21  11  10   5   A Swd E Axe
Marcus   Druid      4.52  24  12  12   5  12   7  12   S Dark E Stf
Wolt     Cleric     7.69  27   6   8   7   2   2   7   C Stf
Lance    Fighter    9.33  28  11   8   8   7   3   1   C Axe
Lugh     Nomad     14.62  23  13  14  15   4   4   6   C Bow
Saul     Lord       9.84  25   8   9  11   2   6   2   B Swd
Noah     Wyv Rider 10.24  28   8  11   9   6  13   5   C Lnc
Barth    Thief      9.52  21  10   7  16   2   3   3   C Swd
Shin     Bard       5.10  19   2   6   9   6   2  10