Lowen.

DeSu

Frail, he is not. SPD and STR have absolutly nothing to do with durability, anyway. XD

Why not just send Marcus? >_>

the "frail" was a rhyme, Wise Beard Man.

Marcus is waaaaay more useful than Lowen. He's useful until FE6

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living doesn't mean much if you can't kill...

Fire affinity helps a lot in that department.

the "frail" was a rhyme, Wise Beard Man.

Marcus is waaaaay more useful than Lowen. He's useful until FE6

Marcus is useful early game, Lowen is useful late game. >_> You can't really compare the two.

30 growth in speed, skill, and strength does not a good unit make. Those are the three stats that matter the most to me, and he's low in all of them.

Lowen gets full Avoid from Marcus A, Eliwood B, and gets +3 Attack. With all the enemies' terrible AS, Lowen doesn't have problems offensively.

Oswin and Hector say "Hello, use me to make a wall if you can't rush the enemy."

oh did I mention that I'm in HHM and I used oswin as well, thats the main reason why I got lowen dead, oswin was about to die, lowen full hp, I thought he could survive, death to lowen, oswin saved then healer got there healed oswin and got priscilla

oh did I mention that I'm in HHM and I used oswin as well, thats the main reason why I got lowen dead, oswin was about to die, lowen full hp, I thought he could survive, death to lowen, oswin saved then healer got there healed oswin and got priscilla

If you said that you've never even beaten the game, remind me WHY you're playing HHM/HOW you're playing HHM. Used game? Try Eliwood Normal first.

Just restart the chapter, then.

If you said that you've never even beaten the game, remind me WHY you're playing HHM/HOW you're playing HHM. Used game? Try Eliwood Normal first.

Just restart the chapter, then.

um, I wanted to do PoR first instead of replaying the game but Faiya took the game before I could from masu and now I'm stuck with his copy and um no I don't want to restart the game since I went ahead and left him dead, its not that I don't like him, he's good and all, but I just don't want to restart the game even if I do feel like I should, but faiya said I should just go ahead and do it

Edited by Kiba

um, I wanted to do PoR first instead of replaying the game but Faiya took the game before I could from masu and now I'm stuck with his copy and um no I don't want to restart the game since I went ahead and left him dead, its not that I don't like him, he's good and all, but I just don't want to restart the game even if I do feel like I should, but faiya said I should just go ahead and do it

You have 3 Save Slots. >_> Do that one first, and then do HHM. I'm not saying to restart your game. I'm saying you could've reset the chapter WHEN he died.

Living doesn't mean much if you can't kill...

Ummm.... Yes it does. He may not 1 round everything, but unlike other units you can send him into a horde of enemies. Draw them into range of your other units so they can kill go for the kill. His insane Hp and Def keeps him alive (Usually for me he takes about 0-5 damage from about 10+ enemies), and also his high movement allows him to easily run ahead to weaken things up, provide protection for someone just out of the way of normal units' reach, and run back for healing, though he'll rarely need it. Hell, just give him an elixer and he could solo the entire frickin' map, maybe drop by Merlinus if he needs more weapons. Also, he has higher Con than the others, so he can get a little speed back on heavier weapons.

You have 3 Save Slots. >_> Do that one first, and then do HHM. I'm not saying to restart your game. I'm saying you could've reset the chapter WHEN he died.

Two of those saves are being used by me D:

Two of those saves are being used by me D:

finally you come, I didn't feel like talking to ninji no more since I know he likes lowen so much that no matter what I say, he won't care

finally you come, I didn't feel like talking to ninji no more since I know he likes lowen so much that no matter what I say, he won't care

I wasn't even talking about Lowen for the past few posts. <_<

Ummm.... Yes it does. He may not 1 round everything, but unlike other units you can send him into a horde of enemies. Draw them into range of your other units so they can kill go for the kill. His insane Hp and Def keeps him alive (Usually for me he takes about 0-5 damage from about 10+ enemies), and also his high movement allows him to easily run ahead to weaken things up, provide protection for someone just out of the way of normal units' reach, and run back for healing, though he'll rarely need it. Hell, just give him an elixer and he could solo the entire frickin' map, maybe drop by Merlinus if he needs more weapons. Also, he has higher Con than the others, so he can get a little speed back on heavier weapons.

I don't like slow units. If he had good strength and skill, I might be able to get over it, but I can't stand a unit that has below average strength, speed, AND skill.

I don't like slow units. If he had good strength and skill, I might be able to get over it, but I can't stand a unit that has below average strength, speed, AND skill.

High Con assures that he'll probably double, high Def means that he doesn't need to dodge, so Speed is inconsiquential.

Fire affinity and 2 Fire supports makes Str inconsiquential.

Skill isn't amazingly important.

He may not be doubling every enemy in the game, but his speed is decent enough. And I haven't noticed a lack of hitting, so skill isn't that bid a deal. Strength can be made up for with stronger weapons. Give the kid a chance, eh!

High Con assures that he'll probably double, high Def means that he doesn't need to dodge, so Speed is inconsiquential.

Fire affinity and 2 Fire supports makes Str inconsiquential.

Skill isn't amazingly important.

Supports don't make a unit. Kent and Sain are both better in Strength, Skill, and Speed, barely behind in HP, and are now dodging well enough, and have a decent, fast support with each other. They're killing AND living better than Lowen is.

He may not be doubling every enemy in the game, but his speed is decent enough. And I haven't noticed a lack of hitting, so skill isn't that bid a deal. Strength can be made up for with stronger weapons. Give the kid a chance, eh!

I've given him a chance. He was pretty good most of the time. Sain and Kent are always better for me.

Supports don't make a unit. Kent and Sain are both better in Strength, Skill, and Speed, barely behind in HP, and are now dodging well enough, and have a decent, fast support with each other. They're killing AND living better than Lowen is.

I've given him a chance. He was pretty good most of the time. Sain and Kent are always better for me.

They are DEFINITELY way behind in HP. Most every time I have those two at lvl 20/1 Paladin, their HP is in the 30's( low 30's), while Lowen is in the mid 40's. Also they turn out waaay frail compared to Lowen. Their defenses are pathetic, and this makes them unable to take full advantage of their great movement.

Supports don't make a unit, yes. However, Supports do help a unit out a lot. Zihark X Earth Affinity basically makes Zihark useable.

90% HP growth ensures that Kent and Sain won't be very close to Lowen in HP. Sain can get atrocious Skill often, and doesn't start out with the greatest Speed ever. Also, I explained why Str, Skl, and Spd, and the lack therefor of, do not make Lowen bad.

His supports more than make up for it.

Supports make bad characters better and good characters awesome. Look at Vanessa and Lance, for example.

Kent and Sain also don't have the utility value Lowen does, and their supports aren't as good as Lowen's. By the time they join, Lowen is likely to be near-fully supported and beating them. By promotion, Lowen's just about invincible.

Kent and Sain are statistically better if they catch up to Lowen's level. However, using them is much more expensive.

They are DEFINITELY way behind in HP. Most every time I have those two at lvl 20/1 Paladin, their HP is in the 30's( low 30's), while Lowen is in the mid 40's. Also they turn out waaay frail compared to Lowen. Their defenses are pathetic, and this makes them unable to take full advantage of their great movement.

Sain - 19 base HP, 80 growth. That's pretty good.

Kent - 20 base HP, 85 growth. Even better.

Lowen - 23 base HP, 90 growth. Better yet. Much better? no.

Their defenses are bad, but they can dodge much more. I prefer units that aren't being hit to units that are taking a little damage.

Supports don't make a unit, yes. However, Supports do help a unit out a lot. Zihark X Earth Affinity basically makes Zihark useable.

90% HP growth ensures that Kent and Sain won't be very close to Lowen in HP. Sain can get atrocious Skill often, and doesn't start out with the greatest Speed ever. Also, I explained why Str, Skl, and Spd, and the lack therefor of, do not make Lowen bad.

Lowen's skill is likely to be the same or worse than Sain. Same with Speed, except Sain is more likely to be blessed there with +10 growth over Lowen. Then he has Strength, with double Lowen's growth.

It's playstyles at this point. My way of playing doesn't make use of a unit like Lowen. I don't like him.

The only difference is that there are quite a few units in this game who're mainly physical attackers. Raven and Dart come to mind, just off the top of my head. Really, the only Tanks you get are Oswin, Lowen, and Hector, but only if you're playing Eliwood mode.

The only difference is that there are quite a few units in this game who're mainly physical attackers. Raven and Dart come to mind, just off the top of my head. Really, the only Tanks you get are Oswin, Lowen, and Hector, but only if you're playing Eliwood mode.

I'm not much of a tanker. I love Oswin, but the other two are always sub-par for me.

Sain - 19 base HP, 80 growth. That's pretty good.

Kent - 20 base HP, 85 growth. Even better.

Lowen - 23 base HP, 90 growth. Better yet. Much better? no.

Their defenses are bad, but they can dodge much more. I prefer units that aren't being hit to units that are taking a little damage.

Lowen's skill is likely to be the same or worse than Sain. Same with Speed, except Sain is more likely to be blessed there with +10 growth over Lowen. Then he has Strength, with double Lowen's growth.

It's playstyles at this point. My way of playing doesn't make use of a unit like Lowen. I don't like him.

Nooooooo!!! I can't give up!!! LOWEN MUST BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT!!!