Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

The more conscious side of the community is trying to force an alternative way of tiering where units are placed in sections regardless of their availability, sorted on the basis of potential and investment. I'm sure there will be 'normal' tier lists very soon too.

Gunter is a pure utility character upon rejoining in Conquest, and a true Jeigan in Revelation. He can be reclassed to wyvern for Defence Rally and raw physical pair-up stats (esp. for MU) or malig for bonuses more suitable for a magical class like DK.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in tiers, generally. Especially ones that are based "on the basis of potential and investment". That's like saying Nino is the best mage just because she has the general higher stats when compared to the other mages. In Nohr, grinding isn't even a thing. The best we get is optional DLC and several castle defense maps. Units like Camilla, Leo, Xander, Flannel and Shura are high tiered because they come great from the get go, and their growths are good enough to keep them going by end game. Even Gunter is pretty great when you get him.

A list I agree on completely.

Btw, I remember Shephen saying something that you'll want to train Niles to get pass because the Macbeth chapter is a bitch on lunatic Nohr. But how would a Child Sealed Nina fare? I'd assume she might want Nyx/Elise for the magic bow for maximum practicality?

Edited by Duke of Dozel

The Tier List Shephen posted had such a great format. Beats the "Top, High, Low ect." format where no explanation on why each Unit is in each category is given. That list honestly made me feel like anyone on a Hoshido playthrough could be valuable in some way, shape or form.

Edited by Avalanche

Worth noting that that list is sort of out of date and I made an updated list somewhere here on SF.

The updated list was something like

Always Useful: Corrin, Hinoka, Azura, Jakob, Felicia

Pre-promotes: Ryoma, Scarlet, Reina, Child Units, Izana, Yukimura, Shura

Very Useful with Investment: Baki, Silas, Kaze, Takumi, Saizo

Useful with Investment: Oboro, Kaden, Hinata

Moderately Useful with Investment: Sakura, Orochi, Kagero, Hana, Azama. Setsuna

Requires Heavy Investment: Rinka, Mozu, Hayato

The updated list was something like that. Only 3 changes I would make to that list being moving Hinata past Oboro and Kaden, Setsuna above Azama, and Hayato above Mozu.

I have an IK list floating around somewhere in basically the same format. Haven't done anything for Nohr.

A list I agree on completely.

Btw, I remember Shephen saying something that you'll want to train Niles to get pass because the Macbeth chapter is a bitch on lunatic Nohr. But how would a Child Sealed Nina fare? I'd assume she might want Nyx/Elise for the magic bow for maximum practicality?

It was Pass for the Endgame of Nohr, but you can just use a Draw Staff and still skip pretty much the entirety of it. So now nothing stands in the way of the glorious 9 move Bow-Knight Niles. Nina can do it as well, but Camilla!Nina is amazing since she can get Overbearing and run mixed really easily.

If you aren't so serious about turn counts, a Nina that's recruited as late as possible is probably preferred to training Zero (I found it a pain in the arse tbqh, even with all the counter-friendly bows he can get).

I still probably prefer the old tier list format because seeing Shura and Camilla in the same tier doesn't sit well with me. I also think it's important that users try to make sense of minute differences in units' utility and answer question such as who is better - Hinoka or Ryoma, for example.

Yeah Saizo above Takumi is something I've though about since Takumi isn't doing much in the mid-game. Though Takumi in 11,13 and the late game is pretty amazing while Saizo needs quite a lot of speed to start doubling stuff with Steel and Hana is pretty contested in terms of partners. I could see them switching places though, but not above Kaze since he is set to go after chapter 5.

Yeah, in spite of having had some really RNG-screwed Kazes, Kaze's power issues are way less significant than Saizo's speed troubles and can be worked around more easily. Kagero can also be mentioned here, with speed and bulk both being less satisfactory and not offering any ways of patching up both problems.

Well Hinata can fix Kagero right up. Gives the initial speed boost she needs to start doubling stuff. When her 70% spd growth has taken affect Hinata can go Weapon Master for the better bulk bonuses and Kagero's ninja speed bonuses can keep Hinata doubling stuff. Or just have Hinata be a WM and solely use the Quick Draw and Kagero go Puppeteer.

Idk I haven't had any speed issues with Saizo personally. He's literally a lunch away from reasonable doubling in his join chapter, and that 50% speed growth will kick in. The only reason I think Kaze is any better is based on a few easy chapters for early grinding and Rinka pair up grinding. Setsuna/Orochi/Hana/Kagero also kill off any speed issues Saizo might have.

I have a feeling this is a bad idea, but I found a Nohr Tier List that I think is decent. Believe it or not, this came from Gamefaqs.

Top Tier:

Kamui

Marx

Camilla

Aqua

High Tier:

Silas

Leon

Felicia/Joker (whoever joins first)

Suzukaze

Effie

Zero

Elise

Luna

Asyura

Mid Tier:

Belka

Harold

Lazward

Flannel

Gunter

Pieri

Low Tier:

Benoit

Felicia/Joker (whoever joins at chapter 16)

Odin

Charlotte

Nyx

Bottom Tier:

Mozume

Scource: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/72529603

Top Tier: Corrin, Camilla, Effie, Aqua

High Tier: Xander, Leo, Felicia/Jakob (whoever joins first), Kaze, Silas, Niles, Elise, Keaton, Laslow

Mid Tier: Selena, Shura, Beruka, Peri, Benny, Gunter

Low Tier: Charlotte, Felicia/Jakob(whoever joins at chapter 16), Odin, Nyx

Bottom Tier: Mozu

My take on it

So i want to make 2 rally bots, one kid and one parent
I will probably buy skills as well anyway recommend for me Rallies along with rally spectrum that will be most usefull
Also bots will be Lazward and Foleo (mostly because they both have acces to pegazi, and as i heard Lazward personal works as rally~)

I guess rally speed is helpful, so we have 2 of'em!

Marx isn't as good as MU or Camilla (even during the time he exists).

Elfie, Niles and Shura aren't really worthy of being in High tier, and Silas also needs to move down in the same tier because of the doubling problems he faces in Nohr (faster enemies; no Quickdraw Katana available).

Felicia and Jakob are almost outrageous to be found in a shared entry. Jakob is basically the latest version of Seth (competes with MU and Camilla for the title of the best unit in the game) while Felicia is just a fragile support unit of sorts. Felicia is definitely more valuable as a late-joiner though, with instant C daggers for Explosive Shuriken. Reclassed Jakob is only good when he has the time to work his way out of E lances.

Been getting back into Fates a tiny bit. I’m glad this kind of discussion has activity.

I agree with most of what Espinosa said though how are people beating Endgame (efficiently) without Zero (Pass) nowadays? Also I could see Felicia/Jakob together if they’re usually Corrin’s pocket unit.

Also what Corrin is considered efficient for Nohr? I still lean magey for Hoshido/IK because of Horse God but Nohr is much different (only Horse God in a paralogue iirc). I thought +Mag was terrible because of borderline Spd, but eh rng? (Leo, Xander, maybe Camilla seem to all like speedwings)

edit: or I guess, what are the hit rates on draw like? I'm still making my way back to endgame.

Edited by XeKr

I believe it was Pass for Endgame. Even then, I heard another user say it isn't necessary because you can draw the unit out of the way.

Enemies with 0 movement cannot be the target of Draw. If we want to go through their plots, we have to Pass them or beat them.

They don't block all the chock points, so it is not hard to reach the boss without Pass. Outlaws are still useful in this case because of 9 movements as Bow Knight.

Niles has supports for 1~2 Spd, while Bow Knight offers Spd and Dark Knight offers Mag.

Nina brings nothing different or better for this, unless she gets Wyvern Lord or Paladin from her mother.

Marx isn't as good as MU or Camilla (even during the time he exists).

Elfie, Niles and Shura aren't really worthy of being in High tier, and Silas also needs to move down in the same tier because of the doubling problems he faces in Nohr (faster enemies; no Quickdraw Katana available).

Felicia and Jakob are almost outrageous to be found in a shared entry. Jakob is basically the latest version of Seth (competes with MU and Camilla for the title of the best unit in the game) while Felicia is just a fragile support unit of sorts. Felicia is definitely more valuable as a late-joiner though, with instant C daggers for Explosive Shuriken. Reclassed Jakob is only good when he has the time to work his way out of E lances.

Silas has similar or slightly higher Spd than Great Knight Effie. If doubling is a problem and Silas has it, so does Effie.

Peri is faster than both, but we all agree that she is worse.

Edited by Tooru

What would be the best secondary class for a +Speed/-Luck Corrin on Conquest? I've been hearing things about it's difficulty on Hard Mode, and I want to be prepared. When would it be recommended to reclass him?