Fire Emblem: Heroes of Jinin- Info (signups closed)

Nimbostratus

A Fire Emblem roleplay based on this Pathfinder setting

[spoiler=Plot]The peaceful nation of Jinin is under attack!

Neighbor state Kaoling, ruled by evil hobgoblins, has launched an invasion- and with Jinin already recovering from two prior wars, their timing couldn't be worse.

However, all is not lost. The remnants of Jinin's army have rallied behind the Shogun's three eldest children. Through their efforts, what was once a full-scale invasion force has been reduced to a handful of small guerrilla bands-- but the Shogun has vowed that he will not rest until not even one hobgoblin remains on Jininese soil.

Unfortunately, that vow has proven exceedingly difficult to fulfill. Several hobgoblin warbands still occupy some of Jinin's most fortified structures- and at this point, Jinin's forces are too few and too fatigued to truly defeat their foes.

Luckily, the Shogun foresaw this possibility, and has a secret weapon. After his elder children embarked on their campaigns, he summoned his youngest child, Prince Rivas (whom almost no one knows about) and ordered him to invade Kaoling, to eliminate the threat at its source. With few actual soldiers left to offer, the Shogun has instead supplied Prince Rivas with a significant portion of the royal treasury's gold; enough to raise a makeshift army of mercenaries and conscripts.

And so, determined to save his homeland and make a name for himself, Prince Rivas sets out...

Character Creation

This game will use the traditional Fire Emblem stats, but character classes will be player-made. To make a character, simply choose the following:

Name: Your character's name
Class: Choose a name for your character's class
Race: Can be whatever you want. Has no effect on stats. If you aren't familiar with Pathfinder races, check here.
Nationality: Where is your character from?

Aspect: Choose one
Foot- a standard foot unit; 5 move
Armor- wears heavy armor like a Knight; 4 move; +2 free Def, +1 free Con; vulnerable to anti-armor weapons
Mounted- rides a horse or other land mount; 7 move; vulnerable to anti-cavalry weapons
Flying- rides a pegasus or other flying mount; 7 move; ignores rough terrain; vulnerable to bows and wind magic

Weapon(s): Choose one or two
Sword
Axe
Lance
Bow
Light magic
Dark magic
Anima magic
Staff

Stats- Assign points to stats. Characters with one weapon type get 50 points to spend; characters with two get 45. Each point spent on HP and Con increases the stat by 2.
Note: Maximum starting stats are 30 for HP, 12 for Con, and 10 for everything else. (max 12 Def and 13 Con for Armor units)

Growths- Assign 325% worth of growths. No stat may have a growth over 75% except HP, which can go up to 125%. No growth rate for Con.

HP:
Str:
Mag:
Skl:
Spd:
Lck:
Def:
Res:
Con: (weapons will use FE8 stats unless otherwise noted)

Affinity: Listed here

Appearance: feel free to include as much detail (or as little) as you want

Background: same as above

Other Notes: Preferred recruitment method, etc.

As an example, here's my character:

[spoiler=The Lord: Prince Rivas]Name: Rivas
Class: Samurai
Race: Elf
Nationality: Jinin

Aspect: Foot
Weapon(s): Sword and Bow

Stats and Growths-
HP: 18 (50%)
Str: 7 (50%)
Mag: 0 (0%)
Skl: 7 (75%)
Spd: 7 (60%)
Lck: 3 (25%)
Def: 4 (40%)
Res: 4 (25%)
Con: 8

Affinity: Fire

Appearance: Youthful and handsome, with light brown hair. Has a few battle scars, but nothing disfiguring. Often wears samurai armor, like a rank-and-file soldier- if he didn't introduce himself as a prince, you'd probably never guess he was one.

Background: Fourth child of the shogun of Jinin, Prince Rivas never got much recognition or royal treatment. He joined the army to prove himself, becoming skilled with sword and bow.

Promotion

Characters become eligible for promotion upon reaching level 10. However, the maximum level is 20, so it's probably best to wait until then.

Upon promotion, a character can:
-change their Aspect
-gain a new weapon type
-increase their stats

You get 9 stat points to spend on promotion bonuses. If you choose to gain a new weapon type, that costs 2 stat points.

As with character creation, each point spent on HP and Con increases those stats by 2.

Here's an example-

[spoiler=Rivas' promotion: Samurai Lord]New Aspect: Mounted
New Weapon: None

Stat Increases:
HP +2
Str +2
Skl +1
Spd +1
Def +1
Res +2
Con +2

(it's not necessary to have your promotion planned out in advance, but it is recommended)

Stat Caps

65 HP

16 Con

35 everything else

(this may be subject to change)

Shared XP

All characters will gain XP for all actions taken. 2 XP for each successful heal or attack, 5 XP for each kill, 1 XP for everything else. Weapon XP will not be shared, though this might be subject to change.

Death

This being Fire Emblem, death can happen; but it won't be as hard to prevent as it is in the games. When a player character is reduced to 0 HP, they'll only be knocked out. They can be healed by using a staff or by giving them a Vulnerary (or other healing item). Once healed, the character retreats. But if a knocked out character goes unhealed for 2 turns, they die.

I'd like for most of the planning and communication for this game to be done over Skype. After you sign up, please PM me your Skype username. If you don't have one, please PM me anyway and we'll work something out.

Math
Well, this is something I might need help with. I mean, I'm not a dunce or anything, but I'm not very good at Fire Emblem number-crunching. If anyone would be willing to lend a hand, please PM me. (I could probably use some help with map-making too, if anyone would be so kind.)

So, I think that's everything...? I feel like I'm forgetting something, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. If you have any questions, please feel free to post 'em here. Otherwise, feel free to go ahead and sign up. (Don't worry about items; I'll sort those out.)

[spoiler=Accepted Characters]Rivas

Rhianne

Sweetgrape

Douglas

Syas

Miyako

Lloyd

Phyllis

Feline

Francis

Gazzak

James

Edited by Nimbostratus

(how nice of the server to crash and render my comment non existent >.>)

before i sign up id like to ask a few questions if that's ok,

this world your basing this roleplay off of, would it be easy for me to get into with little or no knowledge of that world? or would i have to do extensive reading to have a better understanding of it?

is there a limit on how many players can enter this roleplay?

and last, if i was to add in my preferred recruitment method, would i be able to talk to you about having my character be a boss for 1 chapter?

Hi there! I certainly don't mind answering questions. I like to help :)

You don't need to read the whole PDF, but you should at least skim through enough to choose a home nation for your character.

The player limit will be somewhere around 12-15.

And sure, I can probably arrange that- just PM me once you have a character concept.

Hi I'm here to do the thing.

[spoiler=Someone said I could have a weapon and a magic and I just had to play that out]Name: Rhianne

Class: Arcane Archer

Race: Kitsune

Nationality: Hwanggot

Weapons: Bows and Anima Magic

HP: 22 (55%)

Str: 4 (40%)

Mag: 4 (40%)

Skill: 6 (45%)

Speed: 6 (50%)

Luck: 4 (45%)

Def: 3 (20%)

Res: 3 (30%)

[spoiler=Promotion]Aethershot

No aspect or weapon changes

+2 HP, +2 Str, +2 Mag, +1 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Con

Affinity: Wind

Appearance: Standing at about 5'8, of slender build but definitely of firm muscle, Rhianne has sparkling blue eyes and a rich head of red hair that generally stays in a ponytail on the job.

Backstory: A traveling kitsune from Hwanggot, travelling the continent in search of good coin and better tales, Rhianne takes on all sorts of mercenary work; some noble and heroic, others... less noble, shall we say? Thefts and assassinations aren't exactly noble, but a woman needs to eat and people who need someone dead quickly tend to pay well for good help.

Other: Preferably autojoins, but an NPC persuaded by the promise of some of the royal treasury's contents would work just as well.

EDIT: Wiggled the stats a little bit; moved one of her Con investment over to Skill

Edited by MikeVonTookie

alrighty then...

Name: Sweetgrape the pirate

Class: Captain

Race: ether halfling or human

Nationality: Kaoling

Weapon(s): Sword, Dark magic

Stats and Growths

Hp: 20 (50%)
Str: 5 (50%)
Mag: 5 (50%)
Skl:5 (50%)
Spd:5 (40%)
Lck:3 (5%)
Def:4 (40%)
Res:5 (40%)
Con:6

Affinity: Dark

Appearance: A young girl wearing a pirate captain getup. has green eyes, as well as long green hair with a ponytail, with a purple streak along it.

Background: she was a young girl that was born in Kaoling before being moved to the forest of Lingshin, after growing up a bit with her parents, she moved out to go to the ocean. but then ends up getting abducted by pirates in the sea of eels, after a few months working under a cruel captain, she killed him. and the crewmates made her the new captain of the ship, and from then on she worked as a pirate captain, delivering supplies between some towns in that small part of the sea..

Other Notes: she would be a boss in one chapter, and would be recruited if she was defeated.

if im missing anything. please let me know.

Edited by Thany

>Build a class

>325% growths

HELL YES

[spoiler=Let's make a character]

Name: Douglas Parak
Class: Lancer
Race: Human

Aspect: Armor (+2 Def, +1 Con -1 Move)

Weapon(s): Lance and Staff
HP: 22 (+11) (+65%)
Str: 5 (+45%)
Mag: 2 (+20%)
Skl: 4 (+40%)
Spd: 5 (+30%)
Luck: 3 (+35%)
Def: 8 (+50%)
Res: 4 (+40%)
Con: 11 (+5)

Promotion: Vanguard

Bonuses: +2 HP, +2 Mag +2 Skl, +2 Spd +1 Res, +1 Move

Affinity: Anima

Appearance: Well kept blue hair, shiny red armor and stands about 5'11". Broad-shouldered and fit.

Background: Douglas comes from a simple upbringing from a remote village in Jinin with his parents and brother. Eventually he and his brother set off to find the mercenary company "Milites Legis," traveling about Jinin hoping to join their ranks. Eventually they end up in the capitol where things take and interesting turn.

Other Notes: Preferably from the start of either the game or any chapter.

Edited by pluslefan

[spoiler=Time to make a character!]

Name:Syas

Class:Swordfighter

Race:Human

Nationality:Lingshen

Aspect:Foot

Weapons:Sword

Stats:

HP: 26(13 points)

Str:7

Mag:0

Skl:5

Speed:5

Luck:5

Def:6

Res:4

Con:10(5 points)

[spoiler=Promotion]

Ranger

New Aspect:Mounted

New Weapon:Bows

+2 Skl +2 Speed +2 Res +2 con(1 point)

Growths:

Hp:80%

Str:40%

Mag:0%

Skl:40%

Speed:40%

Luck:25%

Def:50%

Res:50%

Affinity:Thunder

Appearance:Syas stands at 6 for 2, with long black hair, as he doesn't like cutting it. His eyes are a dark blue, and he wears light brown armor that increase defense while keeping mobility. He also has some scars on him, some on his face, however, instead of disfiguring him, it seems to make him look more handsome, sort of the look a fighter is usually associated with.

Backstory:Born in Lingshen, Syas was born in a family of masters of the sword, and as such, he learnt how to use one, and prefers them as his weapon. At the age of 20, he left his homeland, and traveled the land, teaching those he saw worthy his clans ways of the sword. However, he was told by his clan to not teach outsiders their ways, and when his clan caught word of it, he was banished from his clan, to never return. After this, he went into hiding, ashamed of being banished from his clan.

Other:Starts out as an NPC, and starts close to the enemy when he joins. He must be talked to by a sword user(Or Rivas, if no other ones are around at that time) to be recruited.

The stats should be correct, but if I made a mistake, tell me.

Edited by Blackzero

Since I can do this, I'm very much going to do this.

[spoiler=Flying magic using Healer is a thing now]Name: Miyako

Class: Mending Wing

Race: Kitsune

Nationality: Hwanggot

Aspect: Flying
Weapon(s): Staff & Dark magic

Stats & Growths

HP: 20 (50%)
Str: 0 (0%)
Mag: 6 (60%)

Skl: 7 (55%)

Spd: 7 (65%)
Lck: 5 (25%)
Def: 2 (35%)
Res: 3 (35%)
Con: 10

[spoiler=Promotion: Dark Seraph]
No aspect/weapon changes

HP: +2 Mag: +2 Skl: +1 Spd:+1 Def: +1 Res: +1 Con: +4

Affinity: Dark

Appearance: Most of the time Miyako looks like a slender human woman with long brown hair, striking blue eyes and gentle features. Her fox form does not look very different in many aspects, save the obvious things such as fur and the canine head. She generally wears plain light coloured robes.

Background: A travelling healer who offers her services wherever they may be needed.

Other Notes: Either from the very start or joining as friendly unit midway through a chapter. Spends the vast majority of her time in her human form, even when there's no particular need for it.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[spoiler=My character]Name: Lloyd Lex
Class: Mage Knight

Aspect: Horse
Weapon(s): Anima and Staff

Stats and Growths-
HP: 20 (70%)
Str: 2 (30%)
Mag: 6 (50%)
Skl: 4 (35%)
Spd: 6 (50%)
Lck: 3 (10%)
Def: 5 (40%)
Res: 5 (40%)

Promotion Bonuses:

Dark Knight

Gains Sword

Stats are WIP

Affinity: Ice

Appearance: Young and good looking, standing at 5'10. Flaming red hair in a short pompadour style, with bright baby blue eyes. Wears standard red knight armor, his left arm covered in full armor while his right hand in a fingerless glove. Engraved on his chestplate is a symbol of a red shooting star.

Background: A young boy who lived on the streets until he joined the "Milites Legis" Mercenary Band at the young age of 16, where he learned to fight with magic and how to ride a horse. He's always been interested in reading. Nickname is "The Red Star". Best friends with Phyllis Ward, who they went on adventures together and worked well in the Merc Band. His horse's name is Shadow.

Recruitment method: Joins with Phyllis Ward

Edited by B.Mage

Here we gooo~
[spoiler=Phyllis Ward]Name: Phyllis Ward
Class: Warden

Aspect: Mounted- rides a horse or other land mount; 7 move; vulnerable to anti-cavalry weapons

Weapon(s):
Lance
Light magic

Stats&Growths:

HP: 20 (10 pts) [55%]
Str: 5 [50%]
Mag: 5 [45%]
Skl: 4 [40%]
Spd: 6 [55%]
Lck: 3 [25%]
Def: 4 [30%]
Res: 3 [25%]
Con: 10 (5 pts)

Promotion: White Knight
No aspect or weapon changes.
HP +2 (1 pt), Str +1, Mag +1, Spd +2, Skl +2, Def +1, Con +2 (1 pt)

Appearance: Phyllis is relatively tall for a human woman, at 5'9". Her hair is a dark Midnight Blue color. It is straight, and reaches her waist. Her eyes are also blue, though much lighter than her hair. In some lightings, a sharp observer might find that her left eye appears more grey than blue, but it seems to be more of a trick of the light than anything else. Though she is rather slim, it's clear that the body underneath her armor is mostly muscle. Perhaps the most notable feature of her blue-and-white armor is the rose engraved on her breastplate. Her skin is very pale, though not to a point where she appears ill.

Phyllis's horse is a healthy white mare named Eclipse.

Background: Phyllis's early life isn't really of much note. She had a family, not that she remembers them all that well. When she was young--about ten years old--her home village was destroyed. She doesn't know who the attackers were, since she was forced to escape before she could find out. Young, scared, and unsure of what to do, Phyllis wandered for days, until she was found by a band of mercenaries called Milites Legis. The captain took a shine to the girl, seeing potential in her, and took her in. Of course, a ten year old girl certainly can't go on jobs, but it was rare that the whole band would be needed at once, so she began to receive training.

After six or so years passed, Phyllis was finally deemed ready to begin doing work. It was around this time that the company took in another--a young man Phyllis's age named Lloyd Lex. The two often ended up going on jobs together, and over the years, they've come to be close friends who work well as a team.

Other Notes: Joins with Lloyd Lex (B.Mage)

Phyllis is sometimes called "The Blue Rose." It's unclear if the title came before or after she got her breastplate with the rose engraving.

[spoiler=My character]Name: Feline (pronounced fee-leen-ah)

Class: Cat warrior

Race: Catfolk

Nationality: Nomadic

Weapon(s):

Lance

Dark magic

Stats-

HP:18(60%)

Str:6(50%)

Mag:6(55%)

Skl:6(50%)

Spd:8(40%)

Lck:0(30%)

Def:4(15%)

Res:3(25%)

Con: 6

Affinity: anima

Appearance: Small and thin, though larger than a normal catperson. Dressed in a black cloak with dark magic runes over light armour. Carries a long pole with her to attach heads to to use as a lance or staff for dark magic.

Background: Although cat folk are known to live in groups, Feline travels alone in search of knowledge. She left her tribe at a young age to instead go to learn to fight with lances, however she eventually got bored after learning the basics and instead went to an academy to learn about magic. She eventually grew bored there too and instead went to travel the continent to learn of the world. She is quickly growing bored of this.

Other Notes: Green unit. Can be recruited by anyone.

Promotion: Feral genius

No new aspect.

Gains light magic.

HP+2

Str+1

Mag+1

Skl+0

Spd+2

Lck+0

Def+1

Res+0

Con+4

Edited by Rueblie

[spoiler=so plusle and i are actually collaborating]

Name: Francis Parak

Class: Warhorseman
Race: Human (Tian-Min if we're being specific)

Mounted- rides a horse or other land mount; 7 move; vulnerable to anti-cavalry weapons

Axe
Bow

Stats and growths:
HP: 24 (85%)
Str: 5 (60%)
Mag: 0 (5%)
Skl: 7 (50%)
Spd: 7 (45%)
Lck:4 (30%)
Def: 2 (40%)
Res: 2 (10%)
Con: (weapons will use FE8 stats unless otherwise noted) 12

Affinity: Light

Appearance: Blue hair of about medium length, lanky, about 6"3, wears bright green armor.

Background: Francis grew up in a small village of Tian-Mins in Jinin with his parents and his older brother Douglas. Life was... well, not the most amazing of times, but it certainly wasn't too bad, either. Notably, however, there was a mercenary group often talked about in the village by the name of Milites Legis. This was a subject of great importance to Francis, who enjoyed the thrill of combat (or, well, hunting, but combat is just putting arrows in and slicing humans instead of animals, right?), and thus Francis attempted to find out as much information as possible about this mercenary group. Upon the week after his 23rd birthday, Francis learned that someone from Milites Legis was at or near the capital, Ayajinbo. Bringing along his brother Douglas (who was also a fan of the mercenary group) the two split up to cover more ground. However, shortly after they split up and Francis investigated the outskirts of town, he hears Douglas has been in combat and is assisting the elven prince. Francis hurries towards his brother, excited as can be, with the promise of a new beginning approaching him...

Other Notes: Green unit in Chapter 2. Races towards Douglas full speed to ask what's going on and then recruits himself.

Promotion: Horse Warrior

No new weapons

+6 HP, +2 Strength, +2 Skill, +1 Def, +2 Con

Edited by Serranade

Name: Gazzak

Class: Pirate

Race: Samsaran

Nationality: Shokuro

Weapon: Axe

Stats:

• HP:30(90%)
  • Str:8(60%)
  • Skl:5(40%)
  • Spd:3(25%)
  • Lck:7(60%)
  • Def:5(40%)
  • Res:1(10%)
  • Con:12

Appearance: A muscular dock worker who wears a green bandana to absorb sweat with sideburns.

Background: A sailor for much of his life and a pirate for nearly as long, Gazzak almost lost his life in a raid on an island with a prince of a faraway kingdom. He then sought work as a dock worker. He was still handy with an axe, however.

Other: Has a healthy respect for nobility after nearly dying at the end of a Prince's Rapier.

Promotion gains (Vanguard): HP+4, Str+2, Skl+1, Spd+1, Def+1, Con+4

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Not sure to late but here we go!

Name: James
Class: Traveller
Nationality: Some far off lands

Flying- rides a pegasus or other flying mount; 7 move; ignores rough terrain; vulnerable to bows and wind magic

Dark magic (D)
Anima magic (E)

Stats- Assign points to stats. Characters with one weapon type get 50 points to spend; characters with two get 45. Each point spent on HP and Con increases the stat by 2.
Note: Maximum starting stats are 30 for HP, 12 for Con, and 10 for everything else. (max 12 Def and 13 Con for Armor units)

Growths- Assign 325% worth of growths. No stat may have a growth over 75% except HP, which can go up to 125%. No growth rate for Con.

HP: 18 (9) 45%
Str: 0
Mag: 9 60%
Skl: 6 50%
Spd: 6 50%
Lck: 2 40%
Def: 3 40%
Res: 5 40%
Con: 10 (5)

Appearance: Pretty much my avatar but on a Wyvern

Background: Comes from some far off land
Other Notes: Recutried Beginning of chapter 2

Promotion bonus to Planeswalker +2Mag +3spd +2luck Light magic

Crit quotes:

See ya!

Your time's up

Time for you to travel out of this life!

Level up quotes

0-1: Bah

2-3: Decent

4-5: Yes!

6+: I'm going up a league!

Edited by dezombieslayer78