• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enemy Phase

It's too quiet.

Other Phase

A pair of voices break the silence.

"You know, when you said you wanted to take a detour for knowledge, I didnt expect you to mean the nearby ruins..."

"Oh, lighten up, Lloyd! I thought you liked smart stuff and old history. Your nose is always in a book!"

"I may like learning, but not about ancient histroy and archaeology! I like learning about current things! Ruins and bones are just creepy. Plus, it's cold outside..."

"Oh, stop whining, it's an adventure and it's fun! Besides, we just finished a good job, we should take a break before we head back. We'll camp here for the night and leave early morning!"

"But Phyllis... *sigh* fine, I guess we'll leave tomorrow..."

(Lloyd and Phyllis stay where they are)

Player Phase 2

[spoiler=Map]GOQORJW.png

Spreadsheet

[spoiler=Lloyd & Phyllis recruitment]"... Phyllis. Do you hear that? I think it sounds like wing beats?"

"Are you really surprised? I mean its not like there aren't birds around. Oh, you mean--Yeah, those are heavier wing beats than the average bird. ...Huh. Would you look at that. A Pegasus."

Lloyd tensed at the sight. He pulled out his tome, ready to fire at any moment, "Whoever you are, you better get ready..."

"Let's see what they want before doing anything else," Phyllis replied, though her grip on her lance tightened.

Making her pegasus hold still at a distance, Miyako holds out her hand in a calming gesture. "Please, do not be alarmed. I mean you no harm."

Lloyd relaxed, but still kept his tome at the ready. "State your business please. We were sure this place was abandoned."

Phyllis leaned forward, returning to a fairly relaxed grip with her lance. "Well, travelers do exist, so it's not that odd. Still a strange place to be traveling without reason, mind."

"I am afraid that this is not the case. Which is also the reason why I am here. There is a high probability that a fight will soon break out near the fortress. Therefore, I would have advised you to leave the area. However, since it appears that you are indeed armed, I suppose the choice can be left to yourselves. Even so, it would be best to at least be cautious."

"Well, we probably wouldn't be out doing this kind of work if we didn't know how to defend ourselves. But, well, I don't like leaving a fight ignored, but we're the sort of folks who can't just jump in without knowing the situation at hand. You mind telling us who's fighting here?"

Lloyd nodded his head in agreement. "We're mercenaries. We weren't not supposed to involved in random fights, but we won't let the innocents get hurt."

Miyako cringes slightly when she hears the woman's question, "...My companions and I are trying to gain passage through the fortress. However, it is guarded by hobgoblins, so we will have to force our way through."

Phyllis glances over at Lloyd and then turns back to the Pegasus rider. "Hobgoblins, you say? I assume that would be as in the sort who terrorize the villages. As it happens, it's fairly standard practice for those of us of Milites Legis to help defend the villages. I'd call this an extension of that sort of standard work, wouldn't you, Lloyd?"

Lloyd could see the excitement in Phyllis' eyes. "Well, I mean... I guess... but it would be better if we were getting paid..."

"Your aid would be appreciated, and although I cannot speak with full authority on the matter, I believe that payment need not be a problem."

"Well, that's good enough for me. 'Sides, Lloyd, it wouldn't be the first time we picked a fight with hobgoblins without promise of pay, and some of those have been under old man Kester's orders. Alright, maybe it was mostly me, you stick in the mud." Phyllis smiles. "The name's Phyllis Ward, Blue Rose of Milites Legis. Nice to make your acquaintance."

Lloyd sighs. "Fine, alright then. I'm Lloyd Lex, Red Star of Milites Legis." He bowed as he introduced himself, before getting on his mount. "Lead the way M'lady."

Milites Legis? Didn't Douglas mention that?

Miyako returns Phyllis' smile. "Miyako Inoue, the pleasure is mine." She pauses, "For now it would probably be sufficient to move in the direction of the fortress."

While Miyako is talking to Lloyd and Phyllis, a trio of hobgoblins leap out from the trees!

Rhianne feels strangely like she's seen all this before.

Rivas moves to S10 and yells a challenge to the ambushers.

(Phyllis may now take her turn as a player unit)

[spoiler=Updated Map]7QI86q0.png

Spreadsheet

Edited by Nimbostratus

Enemy Phase

Cavalier 1 moves to H6
Knight 1 moves to H5
Knight 2 moves to I5
Mage moves to I10
Swordsman moves to I12
Wyvern Rider moves to M20
Ambusher 3 moves to O8
Ambusher 1 moves to U10 and shoots Rivas
Ambusher 2 moves to T10 and attacks Rivas

[spoiler=Attack rolls]Ambusher 1 vs. Rivas: 78 vs. 74 - Miss!

Ambusher 2 vs. Rivas: 76 vs. 45 - Miss!
Rivas counterattacks! Autohit
Crit roll: 17 vs. 6.5 - no crit
Ambusher 2 takes 9 damage
Rivas attacks again! Autohit
Crit roll: 33 vs. 6.5 - no crit
Ambusher 2 takes 9 damage

Party gains 3 XP
Rivas gains 2 Sword XP

Player Phase 3

[spoiler=Map]Co1eqa1.png

Spreadsheet

Sweetgrape vs. Ambusher 3: 33 vs. 83.5 - Hit!
Crit roll: 16 vs. 1 - no crit
Ambusher 3 takes 9 damage

Feline vs. Ambusher 3: 24 vs. 82 - Hit!
Crit roll: 6 vs. 1 - no crit
Ambusher 3 takes 11 damage
Feline attacks again! 8 vs. 82 - Hit!
Crit roll: 73 vs. 1 - no crit
Ambusher 3 takes 11 damage
Ambusher 3 is defeated!

Party gains 7 XP
Sweetgrape gains 2 Dark XP
Feline gains 3 Dark XP

Phyllis vs. Ambusher 2: 29 vs. 89.5 - Hit!
Crit roll: 12 vs. 10.5 - no crit
Ambusher 2 takes 10 damage
Ambusher 2 is defeated!

Miyako vs. Ambusher 1: 11 vs. 85.5 - Hit!
Crit roll: 46 vs. 6.5 - no crit
Ambusher 1 takes 11 damage

Party gains 7 XP
Phyllis gains 3 Light XP
Miyako gains 2 Dark XP

Rivas decides to test his archery skill against a fellow archer.

[spoiler=Rivas vs. Ambusher 1]48 vs. 89.5 - Hit!
Crit roll: 76 vs. 6.5 - no crit
Ambusher 1 takes 12 damage
Ambusher 1 is defeated!

Party gains 5 XP
Rivas gains 3 Bow XP

Enemy Phase

Knight 1 moves to H7
Knight 2 moves to I7
Cavalier 1 moves to K10
Swordsman moves to L11
Priest moves to J12
Wyvern Rider moves to N18

Mage moves to L12 and attacks Douglas

[spoiler=Mage vs. Douglas]15 vs. 89 - Hit!

No crit (0% chance)

Douglas takes 9 damage

Douglas counterattacks! 100 vs. 62 - Miss!

Party gains 1 XP

Douglas gains 1 Lance XP

Player Phase 4

[spoiler=Map]2bQVeQ8.png

Spreadsheet

Edited by Nimbostratus