Maximizing Stats?

shiningdialga

So I just read that reclassing units in this game does not reset their level. The main cap is 20, with something called an Eternal Seal raising the cap by 5 up to a maximum of 40. Ddoes that mean there's no way to infinitely re-level to maximize stats, even when the game is completed? Also, does that mean once you hit level 40, you are stuck in that class forever? I know there are boosting items (though these are apparently limited in Nohr), but that's more of a pain than just leveling since they're ridiculously expensive. I love creating ridiculously powerful StreetPass teams, so I'd be disappointed if max stats weren't possible at all. Being class locked would also make planning a unit's promotion so much more important.

I believe the Eternal Seals do not have a cap- there are definitely people's teams out there with level 99+ characters.

Maybe you're thinking of Felicia/Joker? They are special cases in that they can level up to 40 normally, as if they had Eternal Seals used on them.

Edit: When I say 99+, I mean that the display stops at 99, but you can still level up. It'll just say you're at level 99.

Edited by wvype

Excellent, thanks! That makes me happy, now I can send out super-destructive team to my friends. Gives some post-game grinding options too.

You could try to go to level 99, but it'll require a lot of ass grinding that may require you to get the EXP/Gold DLC maps for all the Eternal Seals (note that they cost about 12k gold).

You could try to go to level 99, but it'll require a lot of ass grinding that may require you to get the EXP/Gold DLC maps for all the Eternal Seals (note that they cost about 12k gold).

I always intended on buying those maps since I'm such a fiend for the post-game grind. A huge chunk of my gaming hours come during the hours before I go to bed, so some mindless grinding while I watch TV is a perfect way for me to relax. It's probably why I'm such a fan of the post game stuff, since I can do it passively during the night and I find it relaxing.