Where can I buy an translated version of Mystery of The Emblem (with boxart)?

NewDisplayName

I like how all of them are using the New Mystery of the Emblem artwork.

Some use Shadow Dragon artwork instead...

<link>

Got a Thracia repro from here. Pretty good.

... including this one.

These are ROMs burned into flash carts. You're literally giving money to pirates here.

Edited by TravelingElder

Some use Shadow Dragon artwork instead... ... including this one.These are ROMs burned into flash carts. You're literally giving money to pirates here.

Fully realize. I don't care. It's convinient for me and that's all I care about. Also, it's not like Nintendo makes money off of these games anymore, especially in NA where they were never released. If Nintendo translated FE4 and released it here, of course I would buy it.

^Fully agree with the above. I own repro copies of FE3 and 6, but if either of those were released stateside, be it VC or whatever, I'd buy them again.

Till then tho, I'm using the glorified bootleg repro carts, because I prefer to be as authentic as possible.

the nintendo-ain't-profiting-anymore point is a decent justification for the free distribution of fan translations, but when it comes to repro makers actually making $$$$$$$$ off nintendo's ip, not so much. the argument is that a free distribution of a game that nintendo is not selling in a region is not actively taking funds which should rightfully go to nintendo, and therefore nintendo has no particular reason to care or throw legal hammers at the translation, but when funds are being actively taken by somebody who is not nintendo, there's kind of a problem there

to say nothing of how these repro makers are piggybacking off the months or even years of work by the fan translators who, 99% of the time, have not consented to having their work used like this and will see exactly zero dollars from the sale of the repro. there's a very good reason why a lot of animu fansubs and older game translations insert messages insisting that the work is not for sale like this

it's convenient for you, sure. but it makes fan translators feel like shit. if you need convenience, get a multicart/flashcard/whatever separately, load the game onto the device, and use that instead. all the convenience with none of the shit-feeling translators

Edited by bookofholsety

it's convenient for you, sure. but it makes fan translators feel like shit. if you need convenience, get a multicart/flashcard/whatever separately, load the game onto the device, and use that instead. all the convenience with none of the shit-feeling translators

Plus, the quality on pirate carts is often pretty bad.i once bought a pirate copy of Pokemon emerald on accident, and the save battery ran out after a year (genuine emerald carts use sram, which never runs out). Plus it wiped the save files whenever my copy of pearl attempted to read from it. I recomend just using a flashcart.

Edited by sirmola

Plus, the quality on pirate carts is often pretty bad.i once bought a pirate copy of Pokemon emerald on accident, and the save battery ran out after a year (genuine emerald carts use sram, which never runs out). Plus it wiped the save files whenever my copy of pearl attempted to read from it. I recomend just using a flashcart.

I remember my parents getting Emerald for me when I was younger. Unbeknownst to me it was a Hong Kong repro, and my elementary schooler self was devastated to find that the save corrupted out of nowhere.

Also the whole "You're literally giving money to theives and encouraging them to continue stealing" thing. If you want a physical copy, go for a flashcart.

A genuine emerald uses flash memory for saving while it still uses a battery for the internal clock. (For clock-based events like berries or tides)

A copy I bought from Walmart in 2005 now says:

"The internal battery has run dry.

The game can be played.

|||

However, clock-based events will

no longer occur."

SRAM has to be powered or it will lose its data, while this isn't the case for FLASH.

Edited by Naughx

A genuine emerald uses flash memory for saving while it still uses a battery for the internal clock. (For clock-based events like berries or tides)

A copy I bought from Walmart in 2005 now says:

"The internal battery has run dry.

The game can be played.

|||

However, clock-based events will

no longer occur."

SRAM has to be powered or it will lose its data, while this isn't the case for FLASH.

My bad. I meant flash. (i actually have a legitimate copy of Emerald that i got when it first came out, and gives the same message, as well as a legitimate copy of silver with sram and a dead battrery, which does not hold a save, so i should know that).