dawn brigade more like suck brigade

Ansem

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Scrub Brigade myself

I personally never have gotten them to third teir, so I always had to resort to using the Royals to roflstomp Part 4.

It's reasonable to get one to third teir, but forget getting all them there without a lot of level ten promos.

I usually manage to get at least 3 to third tier and those are usually Jill, Edward (if I'm not using Zihark for whatever reason) and Nolan, maybe Aran or Laura if I focus them, but yeah its not easy.

Usually I try to focus a bit, on the 2 or 3 I want to promote, but Its natural to me after so many playthroughs I can't describe it that well, sorry.

Edited by Jedi

I remember I played hard mode once and used Aran, Jill, Edward, Zihark and Nolan at tier 2 up through part 3. Naturally, none of them were really ready for part 4. I think I got some of em to tier three with bexp and shit though.

I don't remember what they were like except that Aran was about as speed blessed early on as he can get.

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

play easy mode

EM is terrible. It's so, so easy, that I ragequit out of boredom. NM seems like a "just right" difficulty, at least with the Dawn Brigade. Imagine if you could switch difficulties between Parts, like you did in FE7. :awesome:

The Dawn Brigade aren't as terrible as they give them credit for. Micaiah's useful in her own way, despite not being able to ever 1RKO (Thanibombing, healing & works well with Wrath + Sacrifice and is also the only unpromoted unit who can equip 15-capacity skills like that). Edward's a drag to train in HM Part 1, but he definitely pays off afterwards (innate Wrath + Resolve, Nolan support and Caladbolg make him ridonculous). Leo, much like Micaiah, isn't useful in the traditional sense (being able to 1RKO everything), but he actually becomes useful by insta-promoting to lvl.10 + Beastfoe & Crossbows (and also comes with a great Prf weapon). Nolan's solid when trained. Jill is one of the best in the game, etc.

Meg is pretty bad, but I'd wagger to say she's redeemable, with the right stuff. Aran's similiar, but I don't know much of how he would do it.

they really do suck. I've managed to make everyone sans Meg and Fiona good in one play through or another but they basically only shine for one chapter before its back to irrelevance thanks to crap availability until part 4. There's enough exp to train Jill and maybe one more person, but that's it.

Choose two, and make sure Leonardo isn't one of them (I tried, he's awful). You get some decent skill scrolls later on, so you can slap them on your units of choice. And if you feel like battle save abuse, take advantage of Edward's Wrath!

On my last NM playthrough, which was a long time ago, I gave Sniper Leo Wrath, which stacks nicely with Crit+10 to make him a crit destroying machine, especially with his prf bow. He has his utility even if he never becomes a killing machine like Shinon or Rolf. Dunno why anyone would waste Beastfoe on him though.

Edited by Radiant head

Yeah, only focus on a few units. Nolan and Jill are pretty good IIRC. And so are Edward and Zihark.

Don't bring any of these guys to endgame though, unless they're really blessed or you want the extra difficulty.

On my first NM playthrough, I think I brought Edward, Nolan and Jill to Endgame. They were the only 3 DB units I focused EXP into, however (and Micaiah, of course).

On my first NM playthrough, I think I brought Edward, Nolan and Jill to Endgame. They were the only 3 DB units I focused EXP into, however (and Micaiah, of course).

Edward tends to fall behind on higher difficulties. The others are generally considered the best of the Dawn Brigade.

Still, I think the GMs trump them in almost every way. Oh, and then there are those Uber-level Royals that I never used.

Edward tends to fall behind on higher difficulties. The others are generally considered the best of the Dawn Brigade.

Still, I think the GMs trump them in almost every way. Oh, and then there are those Uber-level Royals that I never used.

Yeah, I know. It certainly helped that I save scummed for him to get offensive stats every level. Definitely agree on the latter part, although not having to train Mia allowed me to feed even more EXP into Ike, Titania, Nephenee, etc.

you dont get enough chapters with them

how can i get them to third tier before part 4?

this is dumb

If you give paragon to someone with much battle time in part 3, you can promote an unit to third tier without using a master crown. Jill is the best contender for it, because she's mobile and she'll have the stats to kill some stuff and survive a few hits.

The Dawn Brigade doesn't suck. Units like Edwads, Nolan and Jill have excellent growthrates. Micaiah is slow, ok. Leonardo is bad in part 1, but becomes way more useful when he has Lugnasadh in part 3.

The DB is just a victim of FE10's poor balance. It doesn't have enough playtime and the enemies are higher level compared to your units than in the CK's and GM's chapters since you have high leveled units like Elincia, Haar, Titania and Ike.

Only Tauroneo is much higher level than the other members, but with his low base speed he can't double any of the enemies except for the tigers in 3-13.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

On my last NM playthrough, which was a long time ago, I gave Sniper Leo Wrath, which stacks nicely with Crit+10 to make him a crit destroying machine, especially with his prf bow. He has his utility even if he never becomes a killing machine like Shinon or Rolf. Dunno why anyone would waste Beastfoe on him though.

It's an option, it's there, It's a reminder that Leo's not truly useless. If he can 1HKO, in a chapter that requires routing, than he's good there.

By "higher difficulties", I take it you mean HM? Edward's actually really easy to train in NM.

leonardo did smething productive never thought I would see the day

On the contrary, he CAN be productive. It's whether or not he lives to tell about it that's the sticking point!

I still haven't forgiven him for his godawful speed getting him killed in Part 4. I'd gone through a lot of trouble to raise him so that he'd be more than dead weight, which is why I decided that trying to make him productive in the end wasn't worth it.

On the contrary, he CAN be productive. It's whether or not he lives to tell about it that's the sticking point!

I still haven't forgiven him for his godawful speed getting him killed in Part 4. I'd gone through a lot of trouble to raise him so that he'd be more than dead weight, which is why I decided that trying to make him productive in the end wasn't worth it.

Raising Leonardo is like trying to raise Fiona not gonna go well