Am I weird for liking the Pyrosphere stage?

BlueLeafeon

I don't know why, but I just find something fun about duking it out with enemies AND a boss at the same time.

It's also very hilarious when you knock Ridley onto his back and then he slinks away all embarrassed-like to the edge of the stage.

Well, I could probably enjoy it if it was more like it was in Dead or Alive: Dimensions. It was just really fun how dumb that stage was. You could parry Ridley's fireballs somehow. And blowing into the mike summons Samus who uses a power bomb which chases of Ridley for a while... somehow. But while that stage was dumb, it wasn't utterly broken like it is in Smash.

In Smash, it's just kind of a mess. Ridley is too powerful to be a stage hazard but too weak to be a proper boss. You can see what Sakurai was trying to do by making Ridley fight by the players side and giving him his own stock icon. But giving a character traits of a playable character is in no way a substitute for them actually being playable, or being a proper boss for that matter.

Even then, it would probably be still enjoyable if Smash 4 wasn't already crowded with obstacles that completely ruin the battle.

How come the stage of the most infamous scene of Other M ended up being Metroid's representation in two different fighting games anyway?

Edited by BrightBow

How come the stage of the most infamous scene of Other M ended up being Metroid's representation in two different fighting games anyway?

Because it's still a Ridley fight no matter how much fans get mad about the intro cutscene of the battle.

Even then, it would probably be still enjoyable if Smash 4 wasn't already crowded with obstacles that completely ruin the battle.

In my opinion Smash Bros. Wii U is far better in this aspect than the 3DS. I agree that the 3DS is almost constantly out to kill you with its stages...the wii u version, not so much.

But...I'm not somebody who likes my battles to be For Glory. I like a LITTLE chaos...as my liking for this stage makes clear. At least in this instance, there's actually something actively fighting that's killing me. In 3DS, it's usually dumb things like exploding trains. <_<;

I like it, but then again, I'm weird, sooo....

Ridley's appearance in this level is probably the closest the fans will get to him being "usable" in Smash, due to DLC no longer being planned. I do find it funny though that Ridley joins your team when you attack him a lot. If I were Ridley, I'd make that player or team my number one target.