If you should invent a Fire Emblem board game , how would it work?

NewDisplayName

Movements will be based on classes (cavalier has 7 moves.) This has to be a big board game. It should be dice based and have HP and maybe avoid. Player and enemy phase. That's my idea so far.

...I'm not sure if I remembering this correctly, but the ol' Fire Emblem TCG had a movement range on it's characters' cards. Did it have a board or something to use that would utilize that? Otherwise, it seems like a pointless mechanic. (I also never actually bothered to look up what it is :P)

• 3 weeks later...

It should use a composable map made out of smaller pre-made map pieces and use the TCG cards to randomize resources of both factions.

The map pieces should be something like 6x6, with a view completely from above instead of the usual, so that you can turn everyone of them however you see fit without it feeling weird.

You should have 2 turns of card-drawing: 1 for character-cards only, where you draw X cards and chose Y of them. Then you take all the character cards left, mix them with every other one, and draw Z cards. You can assign weapons and items however you see fit and discard anything you can't use. For characters, you can only add one to your rooster: if you draw 2 characters or more you have to either discard them or discard someone else to make space for the new character. X, Y and Z depend on how big the map is and players preference, probably max 15 for Y (of course, X>Y).

Characters should be represented on the map by little statues (wich may be completely abstract-looking or represent a specific class) with a little hole in them used to attach a colored number (blue, red or green from 1 to 16) to better distinguish characters.

• 1 year later...