Help with Pairings (Birhright)

Hoshidokoala

When Europe finally get a release date and Fates comes, I want to play Birthright first. Anyways, I came into a bit of trouble when I played Awakening, for finding the best growth rates and that stuff for my Children characters. As I don't really understand it too much, and which supports are the best at making better children units, I was wondering if you could maybe give me some advice on my pairings I would like in Fates. They are as Follows:

Corrin (M) + Yuugiri

Ryoma + Hana

Takumi + Oboro

Saizou + Kagerou

Hinata + Setsuna

Asama + Mozu

Subaki + Hinoka

Tsukuyomi + Orochi

Nishiki + Sakura

Kaze + Azura

Jakob + Felicia

Silas + Rinkah

Is there any that work/don't really? Thanks in advance :)

If you are going for optimal, I suggest swichting Hana and Oboro. Shino and Kisaragi already inherit Samurai and Lancefighter from their dads, so they wouldn't gain anything new. Oboro!Shino is the best Shinonome you can get, and Kazahana makes for a pretty great Kisaragi.

If you are going for optimal, I suggest swichting Hana and Oboro. Shino and Kisaragi already inherit Samurai and Lancefighter from their dads, so they wouldn't gain anything new. Oboro!Shino is the best Shinonome you can get, and Kazahana makes for a pretty great Kisaragi.

Thanks!

They would get Priest and Herb Merchant respectively.

I would also switch Azura and Felicia.

Felicia!Deere has really bad mods since hers and Jakobs clash so much. Also Jakob!Shigure gets Cav, so Luna which is useful. Felicia!Midoriko is also very good as she can use the Shinrai Naginata or Explosive Shuriken depending on whether you go Great Merchant or Puppeteer to use her really good Mag stat she gets from Felicia.

But if you are not going for optimization, your current pairings are fine.

EDIT: I would also suggest switching Mozu and Rinkah. Mozu has much more to provide Sophie rather then Mitama. Also Rinkah!Mitama will be pretty bulky and a great Shura.

Edited by Azz

I would also switch Azura and Felicia.

Felicia!Deere has really bad mods since hers and Jakobs clash so much. Also Jakob!Shigure gets Cav, so Luna which is useful. Felicia!Midoriko is also very good as she can use the Shinrai Naginata or Explosive Shuriken depending on whether you go Great Merchant or Puppeteer to use her really good Mag stat she gets from Felicia.

But if you are not going for optimization, your current pairings are fine.

EDIT: I would also suggest switching Mozu and Rinkah. Mozu has much more to provide Sophie rather then Mitama. Also Rinkah!Mitama will be pretty bulky and a great Shura.

Thanks a lot!

Good lord. I feel like my chance of hating the localization is intense.

So basically..

1. Kaze x Felicia
2. Jakob x Azura
3. Tsukuyomi x Orochi
4. Subaki x Hinoka
5. Ryoma x Oboro
6. Hinata x Setsuna
7. Takumi x Hana
8. Saizou x Sakura
9. Asama x Rinkah
10. Nishiki x Kagerou
11. Silas x Mozume
12. Corrin x Hinoka!Matoi
What would be a good asset and flaw and secondary class if I plan to marry Hinoka!Matoi?
Edited by KamuiSama

And also, for Conquest, I was wondering if these pairings were any good:

Corrin(F) x Kaze

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Lazward x Selena

Odin x Elise

Niles x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Benoit x Mozu

Flannel x Beruka

Silas x Pieri

Jakob x Azura

I wasn't too sure about Benoit's, Lazward's and Jakob's pairings, but would they be alright, stat wise?

And also, for Conquest, I was wondering if these pairings were any good:

Corrin(F) x Kaze

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Lazward x Selena

Odin x Elise

Niles x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Benoit x Mozu

Flannel x Beruka

Silas x Pieri

Jakob x Azura

I wasn't too sure about Benoit's, Lazward's and Jakob's pairings, but would they be alright, stat wise?

Most of these pairings seem pretty good, at least where the child unit is concerned. I think Soleil would prefer Camilla or Effie as a mom, though. Lazward's and Selena's mods clash on everything and will give her lackluster mods in the end. I'm also not to sure about Benoit x Mozu, but it should be alright since Mozu doesn't clash with Benoit's defense and helps mitigate the awful speed mod Ignis would inherit. Jakob x Azura should be fine, too since their mods don't clash.

Most of these pairings seem pretty good, at least where the child unit is concerned. I think Soleil would prefer Camilla or Effie as a mom, though. Lazward's and Selena's mods clash on everything and will give her lackluster mods in the end. I'm also not to sure about Benoit x Mozu, but it should be alright since Mozu doesn't clash with Benoit's defense and helps mitigate the awful speed mod Ignis would inherit. Jakob x Azura should be fine, too since their mods don't clash.

Ok thank you very much!

Baki x Rinkah is terrible for Matoi. The reason to do that pairing is to give Baki the ability to start orkoing immediately and for most of the game. With C-Rinka support, Tonics, and Steel Naginata he can orko/ohko most unpromoted enemies(Needs 3 Str to orko the Hosh!9 Savages, that and a forge for the Hosh!11 Wyverns. Can't get the Hosh!9 Samurai though). Matoi doesn't get much out of it.

Really, the only real reason I would see possibly doing Rinkah x Tsubaki for a Rinkah!Matoi's sake is if you were for some reason planning to breed her as a dedicated pair-up unit as opposed to using her as a lead combat unit yourself. I'd tend to think that that is a waste of Matoi, but if I understand personal pair-up bonuses correctly then Rinkah!Matoi would offer +2 Speed and +3 Defense, which when combined with a Falcon Knight's bonuses is +5 Speed, +3 Defense, +3 Resistance, and +1 Move.

I don't think its a good use of Matoi… but its an option.

Really? I thought Azura!Shino was pretty top tier.

As far as growths are concerned, Aqua!Shino makes for a beast child unit. However, Shino is pretty great by default and Aqua is wanted elsewhere more. Plus her pegasus class clashes with Ryoma's and thus he gets nothing out of it. -4 defense mod for Shino is also pretty sad. However, since he's a lance fighter by default which lets him switch to pegasus very easy without a weapon rank loss (and also helps because he doesn't get it from his dad.) Either way, you could do better.

Oboro!Shino has the best possible net skill gain without needing skill-buying, since Oboro passes Herb Merchant to him, thus giving Shino access to Extravagance and Copycat puppet both at once, while also having access to Ogre Strike to throw at him for inheritance. 3str/3spd mods are also solid. Also gives Ryouma Breaking Sky, fwiw.

If you're optimizing for purely mods Setsuna's probably the best bet (has Aqua's speed, but lacks her -2 defense), since I feel Shino wants speed more than strength considering the amount of damage-boosting skills he has access to are, well, a lot, so he's not short on damage anytime. Note that Setsuna's strength growth sucks so that'll affect him, though Shino has the highest base strength growth of the Hoshido second gen, so he might be able to handle it. Didn't do any rigorous testing, however.

here are my planned pairings for birhtright

Jakob x Felicia

Silas x Oboro

Kaze x Mozume

Ryoma x Azura

Takumi x Hana

Saizou x Kagerou

Asama x Orochi

Hinata x Hinoka

Tsubaki x Rinkah

Tsukuyomi x Sakura

Nishiki x Setsuna