Which Support System is your Favorite (Redo)

Alex95

Favorite Support System in Fire Emblem  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Support System in Fire Emblem

• Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Awakening
    • Fates

Let's try this again...

Vote for your favorite support system from Fire Emblem!

Whether it's the GBA titles where everyone has to stay next to each other and talk thus wasting a turn or Path of Radiance where the two characters can just go their own way but still support so long as they were deployed on the same map.

I'm honestly not sure what kinda of support system the first two games have (if any), but I added them just for the sake of... continuity?

I know a few of them, such as said GBA titles, have the exact or close to the same system, so multi-choice is enabled this time around. Or you can just choose the one from the game you like more. :)

Personal favorite: Path of Radiance. I like being able to have my units run around away from each other yet still be able to support with one another after the battle (assuming they survive). The supports in this way are a bit more story-oriented, but not by much. Heh, the normal base conversations are probably better, tbh. XD

Edited by Power Master

Path of Radiance, no question. Awakening's is fine though, I just liked not having to put units beside each other in PoR and I felt that PoR had better quality conversations.

RD's would've been okay to me, except it had to throw in half-assed conversations and endings. It would've been better off without those. I prefer quality to quantity, so I'd rather have limited supports that are well-written than unlimited ones with writing that makes me cringe.

Path of Radiance, no question. Awakening's is fine though, I just liked not having to put units beside each other in PoR and I felt that PoR had better quality conversations.

RD's would've been okay to me, except it had to throw in half-assed conversations and endings. It would've been better off without those. I prefer quality to quantity, so I'd rather have limited supports that are well-written than unlimited ones with writing that makes me cringe.

RD's are great gameplay-wise, but the whole generic "power of friendship and teamwork will save the day" conversations that the vast majority of pairings have are so bland they make the Wendy/Oujay support from FE6 look intriguing.

I'm the outlier who voted Shadow Dragon.

No convos, no affinities, just a small boost when the two units are within three tiles of each other. Support points are gained just by being on the same chapter. It's like a minimalist PoR.

I voted for Thracia because it's so easy to utilize them. You don't need to stand right next to each other or be deployed on the same map. You simply get the bonuses.

Awakening is a close second for giving supports a bigger impact on the game and making them relatively easy to attain.

• 9 months later...