Online Serenes Smash Tourney, Grand Victor IceSage.

Jedi

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Zerker!

I gotta admit, Cloud's Finishing Touch got me more times than I like to admit, I forgot that Cloud has an insta-kill move of sorts.

I gotta learn how to deal with Limit Break, I thought it would be easy to predict but I was mistaken.

This match was something. A word of advice I would say is to NEVER use Elwind on stage, as you will be left open. Also, I know Robin isn't the fastest character, but the side stepping needs to be used wisely. Also, charging smash attacks that won't hit is not a good idea and it should be a finishing blow instead of low percent. Try using Robins tilts and Neutral air. I played Robin before so if you need some tips, I can help you out. I don't mean to sound blunt, it is not my intention. Just some advice to ensure you can do the best you can Water mage :). Zerker's cloud is pretty good and it was a good match. Look forward to playing with you both.

Edited by Radiance

This match was something. A word of advice I would say is to NEVER use Elwind on stage, as you will be left open. Also, I know Robin isn't the fastest character, but the side stepping needs to be used wisely. Also, charging smash attacks that won't hit is not a good idea and it should be a finishing blow instead of low percent. Try using Robins tilts and Neutral air. I played Robin before so if you need some tips, I can help you out. I don't mean to sound blunt, it is not my intention. Just some advice to ensure you can do the best you can Water mage :). Zerker's cloud is pretty good and it was a good match. Look forward to playing with you both.

I watched the latest match and afterwards I was like, "Did he ever watched Shadow's vids when he played Robin?"

Some minor comment here. I was playing on 3DS For Glory these days and I played against a really good Robin that had an excellent air combat. Robin has really good front air, up air and its back air despite being kind of awkward it is good. Elfire and aerial combat is pretty deadly at high porcentages, and imo Robin is better at aerial combat than ground one.

I watched the latest match and afterwards I was like, "Did he ever watched Shadow's vids when he played Robin?"

Shadow? Their is some tech that can be learned, but knowing neutral first is better to learn some combo pontential. Such as Down throw to jab low percent or arch thunder to up air, forward air, or back air for the kill. I use those when I played Robin. B reversing can be a good mix up. I wish they buffed Robin's grab, it's so shit just like Ganons. Short hopping arch fire reduces end lag as well.

Edited by Radiance

I know, and I don't worry about being blunt.

I'll admit it was poor performance, mostly because after he used Finishing Touch for the first time I got nervous and started makkng mistakes, such as charging smash attacks without meaning too and abusing Elwind.

I lost my cool and paid the price for it.

Glad you took that well, can use that as an excellent side note here.

What makes me happy is seeing people having fun and improving, not everyone is gonna be the same level, but if you wish to learn, ask what you can improve on, and I hope people who are the more skillful of us, will do so with tact. I'd hate to scare people away.

Really glad of the group I have here, you're all awesome.

Edited by Jedi

I've always used that "Levels beyond me" kinda deal as good experience, PKL is one of the nicest guys you can ask about smash stuff, sure he can be blunt at times, but when it comes to "what you need to work on". I'll always go to him, and hey we all have bad habits.

I understand also, this isn't everyones mentality.

Edited by Jedi

Indeed, it's pretty nice to acknowledge our own weaknesses/bad habits and transmutting them into a better play.

Btw Jed, have you considered running another tournament by the time Corrin is launched by having the contenders use FE chars? Or well, not exactly by the time Corrin is out but maybe by the end of February.

Edit: we have plenty of FE chars

Edited by Quintessence

A loss is a lesson to me. Might want to challenge this PKL. I can give some advice about characters I know about and will be willing to play with those who want help or just have fun. I like playing with people on the serenes. For glory makes me cringe, people just do weird stuff.

Edited by Radiance

Indeed, it's pretty nice to acknowledge our own weaknesses/bad habits and transmutting them into a better play.

Btw Jed, have you considered running another tournament by the time Corrin is launched by having the contenders use FE chars? Or well, not exactly by the time Corrin is out but maybe by the end of February.

Edit: we have plenty of FE chars

I'm considering running another one when Corrin and Bayo hit, but I dno if I wanna limit characters like that. I also want to make these a regular thing, the tourneys

A loss is a lesson to me. Might want to challenge this PKL. I can give some advice about characters I know about and will be willing to play with those who want help or just have fun. I like playing with people on the serenes. For glory makes me cringe, people just do weird stuff.

PKL goes by S@nt in the smash community, he's #1 in Puerto Rico and made it at least out of pools of Genesis 3 recently, shame about his stacked bracket.

He's one of the best Toon Links I've seen.

Yay then I can practice Bayo a lot and get used to her! I hope I do ok.

Like, I'm a big fan of Shulk and I'm terrible with him. Better on Xenoblade than in Smash lawl.

Well from what Sakurai, said, those who are familiar with how Bayonetta plays in her game will be familiar with how she works in smash.

Wait a second, Bayonetta is third party? Hmm, I thought Nintendo bought the rights to her. Also the only third-party character left that I really want is Bomberman.

Anyways, I would've joined this tournament if I had known it existed when it started, even if I'm not very good at the game. It would've at least been good for getting better~

Wait a second, Bayonetta is third party? Hmm, I thought Nintendo bought the rights to her. Also the only third-party character left that I really want is Bomberman.

Anyways, I would've joined this tournament if I had known it existed when it started, even if I'm not very good at the game. It would've at least been good for getting better~

In Smash 5, I'd likely cut Ryu for Wright as DLC and have Narukami as the Atlus rep and Jibanyan as the Level-5 rep.

Bam: Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bayonetta, Cloud, Phoenix Wright, Jibanyan, and Yu Narukami.