Thoughts on marriage confession thing? Spoilers maybe..

SaltyPearl

Pretty much what everybody else said. I appreciate the 2D models for what they are in skinship. I'm going to pet everybody (especially Zero/Niles omg) buuut yeah the stills in Awakening were just gorgeous. When I first watched confession vids from Fates I was really disturbed haha..

I also do think a few of the 2D models are REALLY awkward. Most of them are pretty nice, but some like Flannel, Elise, and especially Siegbert aaahh. Something about the placement of the eyes is really off on them, it starts to make me feel uncomfortable.. x'D

I don't really mind them. Yeah, the stills convey the characters' personalities a bit better, but so do the voiced confessions and (if I have to choose) I guess I care more about those than the visuals? I don't really have strong feelings about this matter, though... Confessions are pretty short anyway and they still have blushing faces and sparkles and bubbles, and I still find them adorably hilarious, so it feels like nothing has changed.

I liked the Awakening confessions a lot more. The Fates ones just seem awkward and tacky to me with the constant fidgeting and the bright blue/hot pink background... The Awakening ones are more gentle and soothing to look at and effectively convey the characters' personalities. If they are still going with the whole marriage thing in the next game, I would really like the Awakening stills to return.

The whole whispering into your ear thing was an interesting implementation (it definitely came as a surprise the first time I heard it). It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it definitely gives you that tingly feeling :P