Purchasing: What's the best combination to buy?

DarkDestr0yer61

66 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best combination to buy?

• 1 physical & 1 digital
    • 2 digital
    • it doesn't matter

Also, if I buy 1 physical, the other half will be half price.... right?

And if so, will I need to search the e-shop for the other half? Or is there a "dlc/outrealm" section in game to buy the other half?

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Also, if I buy 1 physical, the other half will be half price.... right?

And if so, will I need to search the e-shop for the other half? Or is there a "dlc/outrealm" section in game to buy the other half?

yeah it will be half price for other path and there is an option in game to buy new path.

Price wise? If you use either the bestbuy or the new amazon program I'd do that for the physical version. I believe 20% off of the SE to get all three routes @ 64$ is bout the best deal you can get. But even if you missed the SE you can get 1 physical and then download the other two for 72$.

In-game bonuses include re-classing items like Dark Falcon Wings or Dread Fighter Scrolls. You get the Dread Fighter Scrolls for buying 2 routes, and DFWs for buying 3. I believe there are also Boots and stats boosting items.

Edited by Soonaynay

It doesn't matter which way you do it as long as you purchase the 2nd route as DLC. That way, you get little in-game bonuses and half off.

Does that mean that you don't get those in-game bonuses for having the special edition?

Does that mean that you don't get those in-game bonuses for having the special edition?

You get them for having multiple routes unlocked on a single game, ie the special edition owners will get them too.

Regardless of whether you buy a physical version or the digital version, so long as you buy the second route digitally you will get the discount, the two dread fighter scrolls, the all stats +1 item and the boots. If you then download the third route, you once again get the discount, two dark falcon scrolls, another all stats +1 item and another boots.

You only get the bonus items and discount if you buy the other routes digitally.

You get all the items automatically if you have the special edition.

There is no way to buy the individual routes though the eshop. If you get the digital version, you play to chapter 6 and then choose the route you want to play. You then get locked into that route until you purchase the other route(s).

Whether you have the digital or physical copy, you can buy the other routes through the chapter 6 decision point by selecting that route.

eg. If I have the Conquest path and I decide I want to buy Birthright, I can start a new file and choose Birthright at the chapter 6 decision point. It will then ask you if you ant to purchase that route.

There is no benefit from choosing to go Physical + Digital + Digital over Digital + Digital + Digital other than you save a bit of memory on your SD card if you choose to buy a physical version.

There is no benefit from choosing to go Physical + Digital + Digital over Digital + Digital + Digital other than you save a bit of memory on your SD card if you choose to buy a physical version.

Also if you're a prime member, or best buy member, or something to that equivalent that offers a discount on the physical version.

Also if you're a prime member, or best buy member, or something to that equivalent that offers a discount on the physical version.

If you have Amazon prime and you want to save some space on your SD card/prefer a physical copy, then you could get Birthright and Conquest as physical copies and download Revelation when it comes out in March.

It's a 20% discount on preorders so...that's $84 which is only $4 more than going double digital.

Preordered a physical copy of both since I have two 3DS consoles (Two separate NIN IDs as well).

I am well aware of the discount for those who buy one physical and the second digital. I may end up buying a digital copy of both games for the physical versions and It's an extra $20 I'm fine with if it comes with that. What I want to know is will I still be able to separately buy the Third Campaign or will I have to do the other two first?

Whether you have the digital or physical copy, you can buy the other routes through the chapter 6 decision point by selecting that route.

eg. If I have the Conquest path and I decide I want to buy Birthright, I can start a new file and choose Birthright at the chapter 6 decision point. It will then ask you if you ant to purchase that route.

What about if I have a physical version of Conquest and a code for the digital version of Birthright like that Gamestop bundle that I'm planning on buying? Would I just have to beat Ch. 6 on Conquest to go to the place to redeem DLC codes like the website says you do for the other pre-orderable DLC?