Banners for the themes question

Dwlr

Can anybody tell me why only the Serenes Forest theme has an actual banner to it? I looked around and saw a poll regarding at least the Blue Skies theme having a vote. Anywho just curious and this seemed like the best spot to settle my idle curiosity.

i haven't been around long enough to actually know, but i think sf changed its appearance at some point so all the banners were replaced with some generic thing

then there was a banner contest for the serenes forest theme around two? years ago and the other banner contests just never happened

i haven't been around long enough to actually know, but i think sf changed its appearance at some point so all the banners were replaced with some generic thing

then there was a banner contest for the serenes forest theme around two? years ago and the other banner contests just never happened

I found these:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26352

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18953

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40970

The only one that appears to have went anywhere is the Serenes Forest one to my knowledge.

The polls from 2010 and stuff are old, we did have those banners at one point. We used to have banners for every skin, but when we upgraded the forum the banners had to be remade, so we held a contest to create our SF default banner and the winner was given a copy of Awakening. We haven't added banners to the other skins yet.

Edited by Tangerine

The polls from 2010 and stuff are old, we did have those banners at one point. We used to have banners for every skin, but when we upgraded the forum the banners had to be remade, so we held a contest to create our SF default banner and the winner was given a copy of Awakening. We haven't added banners to the other skins yet.

So are there actually any plans to?

Edited by Dwlr

We're planning another forum upgrade soon, so doing it now wouldn't be in our best interests. After the upgrade our skins will need to be fixed again, and we'll most likely get the banners for each skin made then as well since it'll be unlikely that we'll need another upgrade any time soon afterwards.

Chances are we'll do another event/contest for them.

Edited by Tangerine

It would be cool if we could have contests for Blue Skies and Magical Purple in the near future, if possible.

It would be cool if we could have contests for Blue Skies and Magical Purple in the near future, if possible.

Pretty much this ^, this thread was kind of supposed to be a subtle hint for adding banners to the others.