Are you guys burnt out with fire emblem

scrub_Lord

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I barely play FE anymore. I beat FE13 in like two hours a couple weeks ago just because I was so goddamn bored and I didn't find it that riveting. Granted I felt the same way before FE13 came out, so FE14 will probably be I do like NOTHING but play FE for three months and then ignore the series for a couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet! I haven't even touched half of the series. I only played Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and I am currently doing my very first run on Shadow Dragon. I want to at least play Genealogy of the Holy War, maybe Thracia 776, New Mystery, and of course Fates before I get bored. At least they seem to come up with sufficiently different stories that doesn't feel like rehashes.

• 2 months later...

Extremely.

At this point I can't be bothered to play anything other than 5,11,12,14conquest without modding them. The design flaws and ways to exploit through are just too hard to unsee, especially for someone who likes hard games. Self imposed unit restrictions help, but not enough. I'm really grateful to FE for introducing me to the SRPG genre, but at this point, FE is my easily my least favorite SRPG out of all the ones I have played, and even other "low difficulty" srpgs still worked better as time wasters. When I first played awakening, I noticed I was grinding characters that were already stronger than any enemy I would fight, even in postgame. This made me turn to actual strategy games, mainly starcraft and wesnoth, which I hadn't thought much of when I first played way back, but now seem like gold.

I had the same reaction against RPGs after playing chrono trigger, which got me really into stuff like 2nd edition D&D, because the idea of stats not increasing when you level up, among other things, just seemed much more satisfying than putting up with the necessary evils that even the good RPGs contain.