Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

What exactly do you mean by this?

I meant that Nintendo censored this out of fear to appease the people who instead of ignoring an optional feature in game decided that if they don't like it, then no one else can enjoy it. The same people that also point out that having options is a good thing but the minute something they don't like shows up they just can't stand the fact that it's there. The same people that also love shaming those who DO enjoy these features and love to refer to them as weeaboo anime perverts and stuff like that.

Do you identify with those people? No? Then I wasn't talking about you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm probably gonna upset someone with my post, but I feel like this has to be said.

Oh and Note: I'm not saying everyone is upset or disappointed the same way as others because not everyone feels the same way. Just wanted to be clear on that.)

Is it me or are people a little too upset about this (possible) news? So far to the point that they don't want to buy the game( and get the JPN versions JUST for that feature). I'm sorry, but...what (or better...WTF)?!

Don't get me wrong, while this feature is "interesting" to say the least, it's a feature that had time and effort(and money) put into it with a few cool and interesting things to it (depending on what it is). To take it out is a little bit saddening...even if you're not too sure how to feel about it (a.k.a. me). However, I feel like some people are a little too upset with this. I mean, what's you're reason to get the game then? Was it play a "Fire Emblem" game or was it for the extra stuff like the petting, face rubbing, and same-sex marriage in a game?

I've been playing the series since FE7, so adding or taking out some of this extra stuff isn't gonna affect me too much (note: I said "some" because it's not like adding new features is bad or anything, even to Fire Emblem. For example, getting rid of the support limit was probably one of the best changes they made in Awakening...although that ment they had to change how supports work a bit...but you get my point). Why? Because I want to play Fire Emblem, a strategy RPG with interesting characters (who I care about if they die and) who you can support one another and become friends & fighting buddies, and(if you wanted) you can choose to pair up two characters (marriage wise)! These things(for the most part) make up a lot of what Fire Emblem is about and it kinda hurts to see some people get so riled up and possibly not want the game over a feature that probably makes up 5% - 10% of the game that isn't that big of a feature and also is something new to the series as a whole.

Like I said, it may upset someone, but I felt like it needed to be said. People hating me or not. No regrets.

Edited by Busterman64

What exactly do you mean by this?

Probably referring to the quintessential 'Crybullies' that want to influence everything without making any form of financial commitment to a product...

(I'm probably gonna upset someone with my post, but I feel like this has to be said.

Oh and Note: I'm not saying everyone is upset or disappointed the same way as others because not everyone feels the same way. Just wanted to be clear on that.)

Is it me or are people a little too upset about this (possible) news? So far to the point that they don't want to buy the game( and get the JPN versions JUST for that feature). I'm sorry, but...what (or better...WTF)?!

Don't get me wrong, while this feature is "interesting" to say the least, it's a feature that had time and effort(and money) put into it with a few cool and interesting things to it (depending on what it is). To take it out is a little bit saddening...even if you're not too sure how to feel about it (a.k.a. me). However, I feel like some people are a little too upset with this. I mean, what's you're reason to get the game then? Was it play a "Fire Emblem" game or was it for the extra stuff like the petting, face rubbing, and same-sex marriage in a game?

I've been playing the series since FE7, so adding or taking out some of this extra stuff isn't gonna affect me too much (note: I said "some" because it's not like adding new features is bad or anything, even to Fire Emblem. For example, getting rid of the support limit was probably one of the best changes they made in Awakening...although that ment they had to change how supports work a bit...but you get my point). Why? Because I want to play Fire Emblem, a strategy RPG with interesting characters who you can support one another and become friends & fighting buddies, and(if you wanted) you can choose to pair up two characters (marriage wise)! These things(for the most part) make up a lot of what Fire Emblem is about and it kinda hurts to see some people get so riled up and possibly not want the game over a feature that probably makes up 5% - 10% of the game that isn't that big of a feature and also is something new to the series as a whole.

Like I said, it may upset someone, but I felt like it needed to be said. People hating me or not. No regrets.

Did you just compare face-rubbing to same-sex S-supports? lol

Unless you mean marriage in general? That's a bit of a better stance that doesn't make you look hypocritical

(and before anyone asks I'm buying this for the gameplay and characters)

I wonder why Kotaku didn't bother wrighting up anything on the pokemon rereleases or bravely second

last I checked they we're one of the most blacklisted "journalistic" "webcites" out there

I misspelled on pourpose

and seeing how late their reviews are for Nintendo games come out it, wouldn't suprise me if Nintendo wasn't sending them review codes and wanted nothing to do with them

so why would a represinitive for the company bother speaking to them and risk their job if kotaku was a blacklisted webcite

Edited by Captain Karnage

Well, damn. I'm surprisingly disappointed. I just wanted to pet the animal boys and hear people tell me I matter.

... I started warming up to skinship tbh. That and the models were decent (a bit wonky at times) but what are they gonna do? Use it for the S support even though they have all of those poses and such? It's like a waste.

I was waiting for when someone would blame "those evil game-ruining SJWs" for this. Thanks for winning me that bet.

Yeah if I wanted to see people whine about sjw's I'd be on Reddit.

I thought the feature sounded laughably bad, but being optional and all I don't think removing it really makes the game much more appealing. Still the reactions on this thread makes it worth it.

Edited by Radiant head

I was waiting for when someone would blame "those evil game-ruining SJWs" for this. Thanks for winning me that bet.

Obviously "SJWs" are not at work here, but if you actually cared enough to make a mental bet then you want it gone way too much

You're welcome. How much of the wins do I get?

Did you just compare face-rubbing to same-sex S-supports? lol

Unless you mean marriage in general? That's a bit of a better stance that doesn't make you look hypocritical

(and before anyone asks I'm buying this for the gameplay and characters)

My point is are you getting the game for the gameplay and characters or just the extra added stuff? And no, I just mean the same-sex marriage part since that's added on (and an extra thing). Marriage is part of the series and well...it should be kept fictional and...wait...better not say that last part or it'll start a whole new thing altogether (...welp...I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this...) Edited by Busterman64

While I'm not a fan of skinship at all, I'm a little upset they removed something for the western release (if its true that is).

The principle annoys me more than the actual thing removed.

I mean, come on! What is so inappropriate about touching someone? Especially since the places to touch aren't that private or something?

It's only as inappropriate as one makes it, but it's pretty awkward in itself. Would you go up to someone, even someone you know really well, and just start rubbing their face? Because the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable.

It doesn't affect anything. People are for some reason salty over the possible/highly unlikely removal of something that this same fanbase was salty about it's inclusion in the first place.

It does affect the overall Nohr route and one small feature of the Hoshido route. In Nohr support points are limited to whatever characters can gain in story missions and the private quarters stuff. Less support points is obviously notable. Same with slower buddy sealing Corrin's secondary class. This impacts Lunatic difficulty strategy, as two of the top tier classes, Samurai and Ninja, are Hoshido-sided and is most easily spread by Corrin.

In Hoshido route a certain character must achieve A-support with Corrin by a certain chapter or he leaves the party. In a no-grind run this character now must be attached to Corrin at the hip until he gets that support. Again, affecting Lunatic strategy.

I've played an import of the game. Honestly, the Private Quarters interactivity is tedious. I 100% support axing them for non-spouse/family (I'm Asian-born myself, we don't think sibling touching is all that weird). The mini-game is, frankly, boring after the novelty wears off. However, the lines of dialogue with Buddied and Married characters must stay; they provide characterization beyond the support conversations, and some can be quite touching and relevant to game events, e.g. Azura's final line. Similarly the extra support points should also be maintained in some other fashion.

It's only as inappropriate as one makes it, but it's pretty awkward in itself. Would you go up to someone, even someone you know really well, and just start rubbing their face? Because the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable.

I dunno, I'd be pretty fine with certain people irl touching my face but for way too many selfish reasons than anything else

that means that senpai-kun will have noticed me

My point is are you getting the game for the gameplay and characters or just the extra added stuff? And no, I just mean the same-sex marriage part since that's added on (and an extra thing). Marriage is part of the series and well...it should be kept fictional and...wait...better not say that last part or it'll start a whole new thing altogether (...welp...I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this...)

I don't really understand what you're even saying. I was going to get this from the day it was announced so...

also really not getting exactly the last like 3 sentences

If it's out, boohoo, who cares.

Now it's a shame that an entire feature would be scrapped, since i myself don't like it when that happens, but at least it isn't too much of a hindrance.

Pretty much this.

"Hmm, I wonder if anything new has been said about the Fates localisation. What's this, Skinship is out according to Kotaku? Well that's a little concerning, but I'll take it with a grain of salt. I wonder what Serenesforest had to say about this Revelation (Bah-dum tss!)? I mean, this land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind. I'm sure they wouldn't-"

Qes4R4j4n7A.jpg

Nevermind...

But seriously, I know it's probably been different people, but I find it both amusing and deeply infuriating that so many people were complaining about how terrible FE Amie was and how the game was 'no longer a Fire Emblem and more like a dating sim', and now people are complaining about it being removed. Also, this is an article from Kotaku people. The conversation probably went something like this:

What Nintendo said- We've noticed that Skinship was a controversial addition in the West, so we're changing it to be more appropriate for Western Audiences

What Kotaku said- SKINSHIP IS OUT GUYS! GET YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS READY!

So just calm down and wait for Nintendo to address the fallout.

Edited by Phillius

I dunno, I'd be pretty fine with certain people irl touching my face but for way too many selfish reasons than anything else

I'm aware I'm probably an anomaly, but I would NOT like people IRL touching my face. If you're not a friend, you'd probably get punched in the face if you did it. Even if the characters in Fates aren't real, it was still just as awkward using the skinshipping until I just nuked it and never regretted it since.

What's my point? My point is that skinshipping in itself isn't lewd or inappropriate. It's only so if you want it to be (and, at least to some degree, the game may have gone that route). However, not everyone is comfortable with physical contact or intimacy, so people who dislike skinship may not dislike it because it's "inappropriate" … and as long as they're not trying to shove their opinion down your throat that's fine.

Do you avoid clapping because it triggers people?

are you actually joking about legitimately upsetting people

SJWs are over the top, but the stuff they represent is totally cool and the people who try to make fun of them end up making themselves look laughably foolish

I mean, I'd rather be kind to someone than needlessly insensitive

(But FYI I still want skinshipping in this game)