When do you think we're getting the game in Europe?

BruceLee

It's true. We need our Hoshido to be full of honour not honor. Honor is not a word.

Pretty much this. Though it's not like we too often get actually changed scripts from what I can tell. But I probably import 50~70% of my games so I might just have missed it. Still bothers me when words lack 'u's though.

As for when, I'll be optimistic and guess April, with Europe getting a release date around the same time the US gets the actual game.

If I remember with Awakening, the only changes in the EU were Tharja's *redacted* and the standard spelling stuff.

It's strange that the European version didn't bother to (poorly) cover her up, but they changed the discussion about her boingy bits to be about her hair.

I can't say specifically about "mom" to "mum", but EU!English Awakening certainly had the British spellings for stuff like armour, honour, colour etc.

Edited by JMaula

There are other (rather minor) changes in EU!English Awakening: Casual mode is Newcomer mode, Ephraim's Lnce is Ephraim's Pike, Paralogues are Side Stories and Xenologues are called Outrealm Tales. Other changes are (as far as I know) just the usual spelling differences.

I thought casual mode was just a nickname for newcomer mode all this time >.>

I hadn't noticed the paralogues, I knew what people meant but I thought of them as side stories. Didn't realize they were the same thing, but I guess I kind of knew

Oi mate, those extra vowels are bloody important, they are!

all items in my castle are changed to british things

'oi kamui you want some fish and chips'

i'd kinda want that

Looking into the release history of Awakening back in 2013, we got Awakening in February 2013 here in North America and you guys got it in April 2013. Looking at the release date of Fates for North America being in February 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if it'll come out in April 2016 for you guys. Probably two weeks later than the Awakening release in Europe, so maybe around the end of April, beginning of May if you follow the two-ish week difference that North America's release had (not including the year). (February 4, 2013 vs. February 19, 2016)

Anyways, those are my two cents on the matter. And like a lot of people have said already, they probably did a trade-off between Bravely Second and Fire Emblem Fates. You guys get Bravely Second this month, we get Fates, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got Fates in April when we get Bravely Second.