Conquest Lunatic Team Planning

Lucina's Husband

Can't wait for conquest, and want to use these characters on Lunatic. Does anyone have ideas for skills and classes for these guys? Who do I filter experience into and stuff? Azura and Selena are my two favorite characters, so I would prefer to use them over others, but I also enjoy the Royal Family a great deal. Will probably use my early parallel seals on Camilla and Selena.

Who should I pair with who, and how many characters can I reasonably deploy?

Corrin

Azura

Selena

Camilla

Xander

Leo

Elise

Jakob or Felicia

Lazlow

You can deploy as many as you want. I'd rather be more concerned about deploying too few units.

Exp shouldn't be a problem at all as far as I know

As for Azura, she's like the frailest character in the game, so trying to use her in combat would probably get her killed quite easily

You can deploy as many as you want. I'd rather be more concerned about deploying too few units.

Exp shouldn't be a problem at all as far as I know

As for Azura, she's like the frailest character in the game, so trying to use her in combat would probably get her killed quite easily

Who would be some more units to add? I'm not picky, just want to make the best Selena and Azura I can make. Wish I could bring Odin along, but am aware that he's benchworthy apparently.

Chapter 10 is one of the most difficult chapters in Conquest and it comes so early. You need to (temporarily) use some of those units that join before this chapter.

Silas, Effie and Niles are good. You can add them in your list.

Depending on your playstyle, Arthur and Beruka can be good.

Nyx is not so good but she is easy to use.

To use Azura over others... Azura uses "Singing" at least once per turn so you will always use her a lot.

If you want her to combat, you can reclass her to Golden-kite Warrior between C20~C24. Later chapters are much harder and you may want a singer for tactics.

Sun God and Azura's personal skill can stack.

Bow Knight Selena can be the MVP of C24 and C25.

If you give her a lot of seals and go Brave Hero->Golden-kite Warrior->Bow Knight, she will also be useful in C19 and C20.

Edited by Tooru

Chapter 10 is one of the most difficult chapters in Conquest and it comes so early. You need to (temporarily) use some of those units that join before this chapter.

Silas, Effie and Niles are good. You can add them in your list.

Depending on your playstyle, Arthur and Beruka can be good.

Nyx is not so good but she is easy to use.

To use Azura over others... Azura uses "Singing" at least once per turn so you will always use her a lot.

If you want her to combat, you can reclass her to Golden-kite Warrior between C20~C24. Later chapters are much harder and you may want a singer for tactics.

Sun God and Azura's personal skill can stack.

Bow Knight Selena can be the MVP of C24 and C25.

If you give her a lot of seals and go Brave Hero->Golden-kite Warrior->Bow Knight, she will also be useful in C19 and C20.

Is it possible to Staff or Dance grind like in awakening? Also, from what I've heard there is a huge shortage of gold and seals. Also, which of the children could I focus on getting for extra experience? Are there any must-marries for Corrin (Male or Female)?

Staff grinding is iffy because of limited resources, but the shortage is somewhat exaggerated. You will get enough gold and master seals to promote your a-team a bit past the halfway point of the route if you make use of most of the prepromotes (Felicia, Marx, Camilla, Leon, Asura). All your tanky frontliners you use to bait enemies and block chokes can build relationships easy. You can mix and match basically all the cavaliers, knights, fighters, and wyvern riders with each other. Dual guard them with the same person every mission and they will get their children out no problem.

Staffers and Azura have trouble finding matches, but you can grind Azura with Corrin or another male on the earlier chapters.

Male Corrin likes any high strength, defense or speed supporting wife. Standouts in my opinion are Effie, Camilla and Charlotte. Camilla is probably my favorite strategic pairing, though it wastes her personal skill.

Female Corrin has similar tastes, though none of her potential mates besides Marx are clear winners. Dual guarding Marx and Corrin together also squanders the support unit's player phase potential. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the knights, cavaliers, or fighters, though Flannel and Benoit are notable because their children end up as absolute powerhouses.

Mages are weaker in general in this game. I would not recommending making a magic based Corrin. They are especially bad in Nohr route, where the Hoshidan ninjas absolutely hard counter them.

Like FE5 the mechanics are set that you have to use more than the usual amount of characters than you do in other runs of other games. Not that it's ever a problem since the foes are set in a more balanced way to ensure that anyone upon their joining chapters are useable and grow fast enough upon their inexperiencedness. But...reguarding this difficulty, Benny is a must to use for Defensive Formation that he becomes a much better option than Effie as well as Xandar for his Defender skill which really comes in handy sometimes that he gets by needing to grow only one level for. Supporting him with Kaze is smart as he only needs a C support with him to get him +3 Spd for class base, +1 from the support and +1 from the Defender skill. He needs this to keep from possibly getting doubled from the Puppeteers/Puppets even though he'll still have to watch out for the Ninjas.

Edited by PuffPuff

Staff grinding is iffy because of limited resources, but the shortage is somewhat exaggerated. You will get enough gold and master seals to promote your a-team a bit past the halfway point of the route if you make use of most of the prepromotes (Felicia, Marx, Camilla, Leon, Asura). All your tanky frontliners you use to bait enemies and block chokes can build relationships easy. You can mix and match basically all the cavaliers, knights, fighters, and wyvern riders with each other. Dual guard them with the same person every mission and they will get their children out no problem.

Staffers and Azura have trouble finding matches, but you can grind Azura with Corrin or another male on the earlier chapters.

Male Corrin likes any high strength, defense or speed supporting wife. Standouts in my opinion are Effie, Camilla and Charlotte. Camilla is probably my favorite strategic pairing, though it wastes her personal skill.

Female Corrin has similar tastes, though none of her potential mates besides Marx are clear winners. Dual guarding Marx and Corrin together also squanders the support unit's player phase potential. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the knights, cavaliers, or fighters, though Flannel and Benoit are notable because their children end up as absolute powerhouses.

Mages are weaker in general in this game. I would not recommending making a magic based Corrin. They are especially bad in Nohr route, where the Hoshidan ninjas absolutely hard counter them.

Velour can promoted as soon as she appears and go through the mountain.

Is marrying Azura and Corrin optimal in the least? I know it means you don't get one of the children, but I really like the sound of that particular pairing.

Also, how does one get stat-boosting items? I would love to be able to max out my chars eventually.... I'm terrified of low-growths and stuff!

Actually, CorrinAzura is one of the few Azura marriages in Nohr that you can grow pretty naturally with the help of Private Quarters. Shigure will come either very late or not at all if you want her to marry a Royal or a late-joiner.

A +Str/-Luk or +Skl/-Luk Corrin is what you want 99% of the time.

This pairing makes a decent Kanna and ballin' Shigure, depending on Corrin's secondary class (Pref. Ninja, Cavalier, Samurai, or Lance Fighter).

Unfortunately Kanna never really grows out of her dad's shadow as the Nohr Yatogami is extremely useful.

You get to purchase one of every stat boosting item from LvL 3 shop in Castle, but they cost like 12000 gold each, so I don't recommend it.

Otherwise a couple of each item drops from characters and chests throughout the game.

I wouldn't worry about min-maxing in Nohr. The optimal eugenics are only available in 3rd Route.

Edited by kickthecommie

Actually, CorrinAzura is one of the few Azura marriages in Nohr that you can grow pretty naturally with the help of Private Quarters. Shigure will come either very late or not at all if you want her to marry a Royal or a late-joiner.

A +Str/-Luk or +Skl/-Luk Corrin is what you want 99% of the time.

This pairing makes a decent Kanna and ballin' Shigure, depending on Corrin's secondary class (Pref. Ninja, Cavalier, Samurai, or Lance Fighter).

Unfortunately Kanna never really grows out of her dad's shadow as the Nohr Yatogami is extremely useful.

You get to purchase one of every stat boosting item from LvL 3 shop in Castle, but they cost like 12000 gold each, so I don't recommend it.

Otherwise a couple of each item drops from characters and chests throughout the game.

I wouldn't worry about min-maxing in Nohr. The optimal eugenics are only available in 3rd Route.

Are there accepted optimal pairings for Revelations? Are there accepted optimal or must-have skills like Galeforce, Copy Cat Puppet, Breaking Sky, Luna, Astra, etc? What about best skills for Azura, even if I keep her as a dancer? Galeforce and Warp?

Some IK pairings open up a lot of of opportunities for some units. Saizou x Zerker Belka, Hana grabbing Hero from Flannel, Oboro getting Wyvern from Belka, Effie (lol) grabbing weapon master from Hana, Odin x Orochi being a thing, Dark Mage/Dark Knight Ricken from Nyx, Setsuna gaining great boosts from Arthur or Zero going 9 Mov GKW from Setsuna, Kagerou also gets great boosts from Arthur, Leo being broken with Exorcist Sakura support and maybe even going exorcist himself, and a few more I don't remember.

Nothing's 100% optimal but there's a lot you can do there.

Is it possible to buy any skills you would want on characters for post game?

If you have a lot of time, you could just beat several normal/phoenix files and have 5 characters each file learn the skills you want there, and buy them on the lunatic file. If the logbook works the way I believe it does, that is.

As for must have skills, at least for postgame, a lot of people like Breaking Sky and Copycat Puppet for obvious reasons. Hope that helped!