Tried to use Flora in Lunatic Conquest

Tooru

I recruited her before N19.

As my conclusion, her practicality doesn't worth the 3 Dragon Vein points.

She was fighting with Explosive Shuriken most of time because that resulted in more damage.

Her Str was only used when fighting beasts with hunting dagger. It was not necessary to use her in this case, I just wanted her to gain some levels.

I didn't use DLC or trigger any S-supports for grinding, and Flora's level was only --/13 before N27.

She triggered personal skill in N21 when a golem attacked her, which was interesting but not so helpful.

Felicia is obviously a better magical Maid.

Other than Heal, the only staff she had used was Wind Summon in the final chapter.

It is a C-rank Baton, Elise and the first servant will have enough rank (I think they can even have B+ for Draw), and the second servant starts with C+.

Freeze is D-rank, Vanished Disaster is E and never misses. We don't need many units with high staff ranks.

Flora starts with B and in my playthrough she ended with A. Higher rank means higher hit rates, which is always good.

But it is Lunatic, where enemy Maid/Exorcist/War Priestess/Falcon Warrior have S/A/B rank.

A captued unit will outclass Flora as a staffbot, and a Prison just requires 1 DV point.

I'd agree she's just not a very effective unit given who else is available. If think in Lunatic if you really needed an extra staff user it would be worth prioritising Izana over Flora even though the earliest you can get him is chapter 23(I think at level --/11), his stat spread is better and Beautiful King, Rally Magic and Rally Luck are half decent skills that you normally wouldn't have access to(with Beautiful King stacking alongside other passive damage reducing skills your party will have).

It varies, sometimes Beautiful King is better and other times Song of Peace is. Azura has to be within 2 squares of an enemy for Voice of Peace to work, whereas Izana has to be within 2 squares of the effected unit(ally or enemy) for Beautiful King to work.

In a scenario where Aqua or Izana are out of enemy range and adjacent to say Corrin who's in enemy range. If the enemy is an 2-range unit like an Archer voice of peace won't reach the enemy but Beautiful King will reduce the damage to Corrin. If the enemy was a 1-range unit Voice of Peace would reduce the damage dealt to Corrin and Beautiful King would effect both Corrin and the enemy. If Izana was 2 squares away from Corrin and out of enemy range he would reduce the damage both times without effecting the enemy, if Azura was 2 squares away from Corrin and out of enemy range it wouldn't work on either.

Yeah, you're right about that now that I think about it. It's interesting how different all the aura skills really are in their application.

Speaking of which, Flora's unique skill sounds pretty valuable if she's been tanking some mages or gained a +HP levelup if you enable her to take a hit or two. Almost like a more universal Counter/Magic Counter, if I understand how it works right. She does want an unreasonably large investment at the same time, with insufficient speed for doubling Hoshidans and at the same time unspectacular bulk (even if she's not dying to a breeze like Felicia is without reclassing into the Merc tree).

Still the second best kunai user in Nohr I guess, for whatever that's worth (not much)? Felicia is more about supporting MU in defence formation and male units from afar.

She deals few damage with physical daggers, and Explosive Shuriken becomes better choice.

If Flora has to keep using Explosive Shuriken, no doubt that she will be outclassed by Felicia.

Yeah, you're right about that now that I think about it. It's interesting how different all the aura skills really are in their application.

Speaking of which, Flora's unique skill sounds pretty valuable if she's been tanking some mages or gained a +HP levelup if you enable her to take a hit or two. Almost like a more universal Counter/Magic Counter, if I understand how it works right. She does want an unreasonably large investment at the same time, with insufficient speed for doubling Hoshidans and at the same time unspectacular bulk (even if she's not dying to a breeze like Felicia is without reclassing into the Merc tree).

The enemy only receives half the same damage.

What we can see from Serenes Forest is not correct.

Edited by Tooru