FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I didn't expect it. I completely expected it, actually - but... still such a shame. Although I got a good laugh, I must say.

Here I say farewell to what could have been the greatest Fire Emblem hack of all time.

Did you not see all the buildup done on April First?

You're supposed to build them up before April 1st then do the grand slam on April Fools Day. You can laugh at people for being naive on April 1st, but on every other day you can no longer call it an April Fools joke! If you had done that I would've enjoyed it a lot but now it's like...waste of potential.

You're supposed to build them up before April 1st then do the grand slam on April Fools Day. You can laugh at people for being naive on April 1st, but on every other day you can no longer call it an April Fools joke! If you had done that I would've enjoyed it a lot but now it's like...waste of potential.

I dunno who died and made you the master of April Fools', but I can go about pranking people in whatever way I want. It was an extended joke; VincentASM orchestrated an April Fools joke for a fake FE release that went on for several days. Just because I slammed them on 04/02 doesn't make the joke any worse. In fact I actually find it better that the buildup on April 1st was believed, and nobody discredited the patch even after the fake buildup (until they got to the prank).

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I also find it funny how the last two years of big April Fools pranks have revolved around remakes of Fe4. It just goes to show how much us fans really care. It doesn't matter if the remake happens or not, but it's the heart of the contributors and followers that count.

and nobody discredited the patch even after the fake buildup (until they got to the prank).

(Monty Python-esque voice)

I did!

Though only a handful of people actually were pranked, if you want to call it that. And by handful, I mean countable. There's never been much global interest in something like FE4Advance. The only interest really was from the forums it was posted about in, and continually brought up. It's a small community thing, and that's all it really ever was :/

THAT WAS NOT FUNNY The Blind Archer

Nayr L. Rosfar

Vampire Elf

Bonestorm99

Zanryu

Mage Knight 404

BwdYeti

flyingace24

Blackavar

Miss Tama

Valkyrie

NoetherianRing

Aeorys Kirru

square root of pi

Kai Shiden

Jeigan

Arcfalcon

Fooj

Feaw

Dancer_A/Hero of Time NOT FUNNY AT ALL

You seem to have forgotten a few people.

You seem to have forgotten a few people.

One of them being Arch himself XD

Edited by mikethfc

(Monty Python-esque voice)

I did!

Though only a handful of people actually were pranked, if you want to call it that. And by handful, I mean countable. There's never been much global interest in something like FE4Advance. The only interest really was from the forums it was posted about in, and continually brought up. It's a small community thing, and that's all it really ever was :/

(Not publicly.)

I never said that I was pranking the entire world, dude. I honestly have no clue where this comment even comes from. But just so you know, I've had members from the Chinese and Japanese communities contact me in the past and express their community's interest in the project (there was even interest for a possible Chinese translation of the project). FE4 Advance garnered significant YouTube traffic, and was shared by people other than myself at other forums (like this topic at nsider).

I didn't believe it until a shitload of screens were in, then I got so excited, thinking you just didn't want to update the hack until it was near finished so people would leave you alone. That being said,

Great Idea for an April Fool's Joke

I played a long like everyone else, but ultimately, I called it =P

Seriously though Arch, you... meh, I will tell you later.

gg FE4A, it was a good run. All I ever contributed was the idea for the name... or at least I think I did, but it's the last old hacking project aside from TU so I feel some nostalgia in it anyhow

A large update on the effort to release information from this project: Nintenlord has gone as far as releasing all of his hacking notes! That alone is quite worth the download; however, contained within the archive are details on the unfinished Strength/Magic split and skills patch (which, IIRC, the skills patch laid the framework for skills to be applied, as shown in

). The notes are included in his tools topic on Shrine of Seals. Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

Ahaha, I fell for this one hook, line and sinker (I can be so naive when I get excited). Shame that we've reached the end but I'm looking forward to playing what you've done (been away for the weekend). *Sigh* I really thought this could have gone somewhere, oh well. At least you've gathered some fans (like me), got some experience and (I presume) had a good time.

...Something tells me fixing this isn't a top priority at the moment.

Edited by Furetchen

I played a long like everyone else, but ultimately, I called it =P

Riiiiight.

Team OVERTROLL totally had you.

*Braces for impact*

FlameShield.jpg

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was so happy when this was released, I took the day free just to play this and was so excited.

Then this scene come and destroyed everything gee_wiz_emoticon.gif, but it was one of the greatest April Fools Jokes ever.

The files are a good help and you have a really cool mug

Edited by Masterplan201

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was entertaining to say the least. I knew it was coming, but it still comes up and surprises you. It was like a Friday the 13th kill, with Midayle almost guaranteed to be the first victim gee_wiz_emoticon.gif.

It was still very impressive work Arch, I'm definitely convinced that whatever you release next will surely be a masterpiece.

• 3 months later...

First of all, I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly have no clue what you're even asking for.

Second, the project is dead, and has been since April 1st... (Hence the R.I.P. in the title).