Small thing about English version you're happiest about?

Kaze

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting to find out what the hell #BlameTakumi means

Azura's singing. I've listened to the song in Smash over and over. It's rare a dubbed song gets someone who can ACTUALLY SING. (Looking at you, Ashley's Song English version in Smash, which always sounded horrible) Rena Strober does it so well, even though some of the lyrics sound a bit awkward she still manages to make the song beautiful to listen to. I've looked her up and apparently she does Broadway (she was in at least one production of Les Mis), I'm impressed the localization managed to get someone like that. Clearly they know her singing is important enough to the game to give it the attention it deserves.

Also, I like Cam Clarke is Corrin, probably more than David Vincent as Male Robin. Though now I'm going to picture him singing "We Are One" to the army...

He definitely sounds more naive and youthful, fitting for the character.

Robin is supposed to be a strategist and somewhat streetwise, so I think the slightly deeper, more mature voice fit him unless you were using the shota build.

Anyway, getting to see the actual localization. So far, it's definitely looking better than Awakening's; there's actually an analysis of Hoshido C7 in both versions, and outside of a single offending "surf and turf" mention, everything is either very straightforward or arguably improved.

The only voice I'm not too big on still is Elfie's, but I think even then I'll enjoy it later.

I'm anticipating how Oboro's voice turned out. I really liked her Japanese voice, even though some found it annoying.

I love how soft Cam Clarke's Corrin voice is. Listening to it makes me want to hug kittens.

You couldn't check Awakening's support log without reseting the game, right? I like how it's now at My Castle's Records Hall. So convenient!

I agree, I like how there's a records hall. Supports and cutscenes all there, plus the beloved Hubba Tester (and new addition, Rainbow Sage!)

I honestly love the voice acting to bits. And from the bit we saw of the supports and character interactions - I am so so so SO very excited for the 19th. I'm going to be playing these games for the rest of the year. Hell, these are probably the only games I'll be playing for the rest of the year because I spent so much time with Awakening that I can only imagine how much time will be used on THREE GAMES.

Christmas has come early for me.

Definitely the voice acting for me. Yeah, some clips are pretty hit-and-miss but for the most part it's so refreshing to hear it after the past year of JP-only voices, some of which I wasn't attached to to begin with. I absolutely adore hearing the English voices, partly because it's like that sense of discovery all over again, and because I guess it reminds me so much of Awakening which reinvigorated my love of the series.

I've also been loving the script changes and getting to know the characters as they are in the international version.

Finally getting to find out what the hell #BlameTakumi means

Azura's singing. I've listened to the song in Smash over and over. It's rare a dubbed song gets someone who can ACTUALLY SING. (Looking at you, Ashley's Song English version in Smash, which always sounded horrible) Rena Strober does it so well, even though some of the lyrics sound a bit awkward she still manages to make the song beautiful to listen to. I've looked her up and apparently she does Broadway (she was in at least one production of Les Mis), I'm impressed the localization managed to get someone like that. Clearly they know her singing is important enough to the game to give it the attention it deserves.

Also, I like Cam Clarke is Corrin, probably more than David Vincent as Male Robin. Though now I'm going to picture him singing "We Are One" to the army...

Thankfully with Rena Strober, she's also done voice acting in the past, so with her also being on Broadway, that's what probably got Nintendo to decide on her after they saw the auditions.

!!!!this is a thing? I AM SCREAMING! My first MU's name was planned to be Hveðrungr but i was gonna name him Hvedrungr in the game because the ð not being a thing. But you tellin' me that theres gonna be a thing like that! OMG you dont even know how chuffed that makes me! His name will be right!

Cam Clarke has some hella range if hes sounding like Corrin The Piss Baby. Yeah i cant wait. Hveðrungr is gonna rock his voice. (he was also Kratos in Tales of Symphonia. Probably my favorite game character he ever voiced.)

Im just really excited about the game in general, and that i can still chit chat with my guys. Even if i cant pat them on the head.

Yeah. When I was watching Polygon do their stream, Nick Robinson stayed on the naming screen for a few minutes and there were at least a few accented A options and there was more below the cut off with a scroll bar to the right, so I'm presuming we'll get more accented letters.

I still want to see how much we can write for the streetpass greeting, I want to sneak a good Metal Wolf Chaos reference that no one will get with a ''Believe in your own justice'', but 9/10 times it never fits on these things

I kinda like how I can't recognize most of the voice actors I've heard so far? I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about English VAs, but I'm so used to hearing same voices over and over in my games and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, Fates sounds so... refreshing in comparison. We don't have the full cast list yet, so maybe rest of the voices will be very familiar to me, but I like this first impression a lot.

Kaden/Nishiki english voice, sound like Yuri Lowenthal or maybe someone else? idk, but Kaden/Nishiki english voice is good beside the royal siblings, and Suzukaze/Kaze (but, no one can change OnoD voice lol)

i still hate Felicia+Elfie+Oboro english voice though ;_; i dont wanna use three of them except for raising support lol

i still hate Felicia+Elfie+Oboro english voice though ;_; i dont wanna use three of them except for raising support lol

I'm going a bit offtopic here, but Can I ask where did you hear Oboro's voice in english? The only thing I hear of her was a "Yeah" In a video about Nohr chapter 10

Ignoring the name TinyCartridge chose, this tweet shows that we have quite a few accented letters to choose from (judging from the scroll bar)

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/697229541564092417

SQUEE!!!!

Also BootyMage is a fine name!

Felicia's "Weeve Gawt Truhbull!" line is so bad it had me laughing. I'm going to enjoy it forever.

I'm still looking at anything Felicia says as being influenced by her being nervous or panicking.

Happy that they removed the petting, but are keeping the visits with the voiced dialogue. Happy that they kept the same-sex options for your Avatar.

Overall I am just very happy to get the game in a week!

I'm still looking at anything Felicia says as being influenced by her being nervous or panicking.

I've gathered that much from looking at some Japanese vids. While I'm sure the rest of her dialogue won't be as jarring "We've got trouble" this line in particular didn't quite meet the tone of urgency I wanted to hear. But I actually quite enjoy these small blunders. It makes games more memorable in a way that we can look back and giggle at down the road.

And I just realized. She shares the same voice actress as Olivia in Awakening doesn't she?

Edited by JasonsOrigin

I've gathered that much from looking at some Japanese vids. While I'm sure the rest of her dialogue won't be as jarring "We've got trouble" this line in particular didn't quite meet the tone of urgency I wanted to hear. But I actually quite enjoy these small blunders. It makes games more memorable in a way that we can look back and giggle at down the road.

And I just realized. She shares the same voice actress as Olivia in Awakening doesn't she?

Karen Strassman? Didn't sound like it to me...

Happy that they removed the petting, but are keeping the visits with the voiced dialogue. Happy that they kept the same-sex options for your Avatar.

Overall I am just very happy to get the game in a week!

They are.

Since it is literally giving those people the finger otherwise. -.-