Best variants of these characters for the purpose of marrying my chosen Avatar in their given routes, assuming no-grind?

astrophys

Birthright Caeldori,

Conquest Ophelia,

& Revelation Caeldori

marrying…

+MAG/-LCK Avatar who is…

… likely a Dark Mage --> Dark Knight on Birthright

… likely either a Levin Sword Cavalier or Levin Sword Trueblade on Conquest [or maybe a Spellcaster secondary]

… likely a Dark Mage --> Dark Knight or a Dark Blood on Revelation

I am of course familiar with standard pairing suggestions for character like Caeldori, such as Oboro!Caeldori being a highly praised example for general purposes.

But if I'm specifically marrying her to a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar in Birthright, should I be going with a less commonly recommended mother? For example, should I perhaps be making her some variant like Sakura!Matoi? Or should I still go with someone like Oboro!Matoi? Or yet another option entirely?

I presume that she's probably not going to have enough time to both marry and A+ buddy, although perhaps I'm wrong. Although if I did postgame after such a no-grind route [dropping the no-grind stipulation after beating the game], would Rajhat be her best buddy choice (for Tomefaire et al.), or would something like Sophie and her Open Assault + Luna + Diamond Shield access be better? Mitama also give magical bonuses?

Dark Knights give pair-ups of +3 MAG, +3 DEF, and +1 Move, and +MAG Avatar's also give +1 Mag, +2 SPD, +1 Def, and +1 Res at S-rank, so a total bonus of +4 Mag, +2 Spd, +4 Def, +1 Res, and +1 Move, as well as the Supportive personal skill when in attack or Guard Stance.

For Ophelia, I'm guessing that Elise!Ophelia would be a no-brainer. Are there any better options I should be considering if I'm planning to go with her for my Avatar in Conquest? Should I go with a Spellcaster Avatar so that Ophelia can pick that up in Partner Sealing (I'd also pick up Dark Mage from her). Or should I not worry about Partner Seal classes and just go with something like Swordfaire Levin Sword Swordmaster or Elbow Room Levin Sword Cavalier.

Both Swordmaster and Spellcaster would give speed bonuses to Ophelia (+5 and +4 respectively)…. then there's also the personal bonuses. Dark Blood also gives some speed, although not nearly as much. Swordmaster gives no magic, while Spellcaster does give magic. Swordmaster and Cavalier can both use Yato still while having Levin Sword access, but they don't help out Ophelia's magic.

Your thoughts?

Any thoughts for Revelation Caeldori? Same suggestions for Birthright, or would any of her pairings suggest that I should do things differently, or reconsider my secondary class?

Thanks for any advice.

Just wanted to comment on your Ophelia x MU pairing because it seems really interesting.

The biggest hurdle you have to get over is Odin. Odin is bad but he's Ophelia's dad so you are going to have to use him a little. Elise is probably your best bet for Odin, but Nyx is an option too. At worst you could do a little support grinding by having Odin getting hurt every turn or so and have Elise heal him. This might be a way to get the S rank without using Odin too much, but Ophelia's bases might suffer (I'm not very familiar how a child's bases are determined). You can train Odin normally, and there is also the option of making him a Darkflier or SM.

For MU I would run +Mag -Luck with Diviner as a secondary, as you suggested. +Mag is good because you get a Horse God from Ophelia's chapter, and Horse God is stupid good except it has a fairly low might. -Luck is a no brainer. Reclass MU at 10 to spellcaster to work on his Tome rank. +2 Mag is a really good skill too. Once you get the S rank, swap to Dark Knight for Yato access and a mount. You can maybe do a little swapping between Sorc, Basara, and Exorcist for Vengeance, Breaking Sky, or Tomefaire.

Ophelia is tough. She can serve as a pairup bot for MU. Dark Knight MU might have Spd problems, so I'd suggest swapping Ophelia to Exorcist for the +4 Spd boost. She can pickup Breaking Sky along the way too, if you plan on using her for combat. Missiletainn is really strong so she should be good.

Edited by OurBoyRoy