Want cards? Testing out split shipping orders.

Sokloeum

EDIT: Entry is CLOSED so no more joining. Also, I won't be doing this again in the future due to PayPal refusing to add a confirmed foreign address to my account T^T.

Currently Participating (4):

Me

Chuy

Together We Ride

CaitlynMellark

This means that we've saved ¥2587 off the initial shipping cost O_O!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, for those who check out my Price List (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6BURGo0COFBjVLlBYDLywdhV1SUiU-D6OAthXuO1rk/edit?usp=sharing), you may have noticed the TEST tab.

Those who check out my Want List know that I want Elise SR REALLY BADLY. Trading would be fine, but would take more resources than I'm willing to give up since most everyone wants the cards I now don't have too many of, lol. The next best course of action is buying her. So luyairis did a similar service thingy recently and it got me thinking that that would be the best way to get her.

Anyway, long story short:

01) I'll try and order all the requested Fire Emblem 0 cards from here: http://www.amenitydream.com/page/46.

02) Everyone interested in joining in will split up the S&H cost.

03) If there's enough people joining in, then 1 person has already committed to joining in as well.

04) I'll impose a 5% commission fee to cover for materials and whatnot.

05) When the package of stuff comes in then I'll ship out the cards to you. Doing it this way means you save A LOT more on S&H since you'd only have to pay $2.54 - $2.60* compared to $10+.

06) Offer valid until 11:59p PST TONIGHT**.

07) Since the per order limit of a certain card is 3 or 4, if more than the max allotted of those cards are needed then there will be 2 (or more) order runs.

08) If that's the case, then I'll revise the spreadsheet to separate the international shipping charge from the domestic shipping charge.

09) If I can't get your order through, then I will refund you the entire amount.

10) Sorry, you can't use your discounts or credits (for those who have them) for this.

11) If you have an order from me and I haven't shipped it yet (since it's currently in limbo), then I'll combine your past order and this order so you don't have to pay any additional anything after the initial payment.

12) If you do join in, then I'll PM you the total shortly after midnight. I'll need the payment by ~3p PST on the 10th since I'll be submitting the order by then.

* Please note that this only applies to those in the US. If anyone outside of the US wants in then, unfortunately, the S&H would be more.

** I'm opening this up until tonight since I need those Elise SR fairly quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want in then just PM or e-mail me the details.

I'll update the TEST tab accordingly if anything changes. (Maybe here as well :P)

~ Sokloeum

Edited by Sokloeum

I noticed the new tab while browsing through the sheet today. I'll give it a go. Don't want to buy more boxes for SR's I'm missing when I can buy them directly. I'll PM you sometime tomorrow once I figure out what I can spare from my budget for cards.

I noticed the new tab while browsing through the sheet today. I'll give it a go. Don't want to buy more boxes for SR's I'm missing when I can buy them directly. I'll PM you sometime tomorrow once I figure out what I can spare from my budget for cards.

I've pre-preemptively added you to the list just to see what the split S&H would be. It's quite awesome to see how much having even 1 extra person does to the price, lol.

Thanks for joining in :3!

Also, if you want, I can combine anything you get from this test run with your other order so you don't have to pay for anything after the first payment. Also, it seems amiami might have gotten the CD in earlier than expected O_O! Due to the shipping cost (¥1200) I'm suspecting either the pre-order poster didn't come with the order OR they only gave me one (which, of course, would be yours). I'll let you know either late this week or sometime next week when the package arrives.

Dang! I am interested. But I live outside the US.

Well, the S&H after the first payment would be $12.83 in that case. I should've thought about this before we did the trade so I could've sent you everything in 1 go, lol. You're still welcome to join in since I think there'd be 4+ people joining which would demolish that huge initial shipping cost :3.

~ Sokloeum

I know that it sounds stupid, lazy, or selfish, but can anyone explain this to me in stupid people terms? I just want some TCG cards (since I have, you guessed it, none)

Sokloeum is planning on purchasing cards on the website he linked in the first post. He is offering others the opportunity to add cards they would like to his order so it'll be one huge order and cut down on shipping, which will be divided amoungst the people who order.

Each person will end up paying the cost of the cards they want + their share of the shipping.

The site he linked has a lot of the higher rarity/expensive cards at a cheaper price when compared to eBay. This is a great opportunity for those us who are missing some of the expensive cards to either complete decks or expand our collection.

Oh dang, you ninja'd me, Chuy, lol. Thanks for that :P. I type way, way too slowly T^T.

To CaitlynnMellark: Yup, that's the gist of it. Also, since I get discounted shipping everyone I ship out to will pay less for their individual shipping expense compared to those who have to pay the retail prices for shipping.

~ Sokloeum

I know that it sounds stupid, lazy, or selfish, but can anyone explain this to me in stupid people terms? I just want some TCG cards (since I have, you guessed it, none)

Simpler terms.

You pay him for what you want in Amenitydream (site that sells cheap FE cards).

You pay him in advance so he orders for you. You pay shipping and handling. But comes out way cheaper then if u bought it on ebay or if you bought multiple boxes.

Over all everything is cheaper in japan since there's more cards there. But it's at your own risk since you're paying him before you even get your item. Unlike ebay and other sites where it's expensive due to import and service fees from those site.

T

☆Tl;Dr guy is charging you a service fee for buying you cards over seas. You must pay him full cost + fees before you get item. ☆

He's doing this to pay off for the cards hes missing that are expensive even in japan while attempting to do a service / favor to this community for those who don't want to "over pay" on ebay or continue to purchase boxes and risk things on luck.

I'm down. I'm missing three (well, seven) R+/SR+ cards that are real cheap here. But I didn't know amenity shipped to the US... unless, do you have a contact or something in Japan?

They don't. I'm just having them ship to my warehouse address and then ship from there to me :P.

~ Sokloeum

Kinda glad that I pulled a Camilla in both of my boxes of S2 now (looking at those prices). It's going to S9, but shipping from Jap > Ame > Aus is probably not the cost effective way to handle it.

I don't know if this is still going or not... I'd be keen to try, but I dunno how it would work since I'm out in Australia, if it doesn't work, or if I'm too late, then don't worry about it.

Hmm... I didn't think it would be, oh well. Worth a shot I suppose.

It's still open until midnight tomorrow night so that means it's still open for a little less than 26 hours :P. I ship internationally about 1/3 as much as I ship within the US so shipping out to Australia is fine. Now shipping to somewhere like Antarctica is a no-go, lol.

Since more people are joining, the initial S&H keeps decreasing so it'd be worth it if whatever card(s) you want, after S&H and whatnot, would cost less than if you were to buy them elsewhere. If you join, then the split S&H would be a little over $5 (not accounting for other things for simplicity). As long as you don't buy a starter deck or something heavy like that, then the S&H from me to you would be $12.83.

Simply put, if the card is so cheap that you can't find it at that price anywhere else and you want it, then this would be a more cost efficient way to go. If you can find it cheaper after S&H then I'd go for the cheaper option.

~ Sokloeum