Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

I feel like the possible reason why people don't like Keaton, is because they're so used to Flannel.

This could apply to all name changes. That was the only name this character went by that if you suddenly drop a different name for him, of course you're not going to like it/be used to it because you're already so accustomed to him being called Flannel because that's all he was addressed as. There's comfort in being familiar and used to something.

What if his Japanese name was Keaton and his Localization name was Flannel? I have a feeling people would still react the same.

This is why I refuse to get too adjusted to the original Japanese names. I knew localization was happening and with that, name changes. It happens every Fire Emblem game.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the possible reason why people don't like Keaton, is because they're so used to Flannel.

This could apply to all name changes. That was the only name this character went by that if you suddenly drop a different name for him, of course you're not going to like it/be used to it because you're already so accustomed to him being called Flannel because that's all he was addressed as. There's comfort in being familiar and used to something.

What if his Japanese name was Keaton and his Localization name was Flannel? I have a feeling people would still react the same.

Yes, I agree with this.

While I do admittedly question NoA's "pick-and-choose" they're doing regarding the name changing, I'm not necessarily complaining about it. Because I know I'll adjust to the English names eventually.Plus there are much more important things for me to worry about over some video game character's name being changed.

Yes, I agree with this.

While I do admittedly question NoA's "pick-and-choose" they're doing regarding the name changing, I'm not necessarily complaining about it. Because I know I'll adjust to the English names eventually.Plus there are much more important things for me to worry about over some video game character's name being changed.

Don't tell that to the tumblr side of the fandom

And yes, some of the decision making is weird, but we'll adjust like we did Awakening.

Don't tell that to the tumblr side of the fandom

And yes, some of the decision making is weird, but we'll adjust like we did Awakening.

Trust me, I was kind of upset about Azure -> Inigo, but I love him too much to be upset anymore lmao.

Well, we know at least one more class is getting its name changed.

-forgot that there was a Shura class-

Aw. Asyura was so cute and charming. Shura isn't bad though. Thanks for the update.

Well, it was either change it or forever confuse people with Azura and Asyura.

I like the name Shura better than Asyura. It rolls off the tongue better, as well.

There are a couple of localized names I'm curious about. Specifically, the Basara class and the skill Breaking Sky. I don't use Twitter, so if someone could ask about these, I'd appreciate it.

Shura luv

I thought that was a class though? Maybe I'm getting mixed up.

It's kinda cute though

EDIT: oh I did not see the posts above me lmao so it was a class

Edited by Shadowess

I don't know if he can talk about 2nd gens yet, but I asked him about Gurei and Foleo's names. Gurei because we have Tharja 2.0 and Cordelia 2.0's names, and Foleo bc bias.

I really hope it's Usagi. That would be so cute.

Though, I have a feeling in my gut that they're going to go with, idk, Igasu (hell maybe even Isuga, Isagu, etc). Saigu??? Aigus?? Now I'm just writing all possible combinations.

Oh gods on high, please let Foleo's localized name be Fauntleroy. Ill sacrifice three goats if thats what it takes. Omg i want it so bad.

I hope Soleil's name sticks. After all the BS surrounding her, she deserves to have at least that left.

Oh gods on high, please let Foleo's localized name be Fauntleroy. Ill sacrifice three goats if thats what it takes. Omg i want it so bad.

I hope Soleil's name sticks. After all the BS surrounding her, she deserves to have at least that left.

I honestly don't doubt that Foleo's name will be changed, considering his dad is, ya'know, Leo. And I think Soleil's name really will stick.

Edit: Looks like Azama kept his personality. Its endearing in its own way, I guess.

Edited by lordcorrin

I really hope it's Usagi. That would be so cute.

Though, I have a feeling in my gut that they're going to go with, idk, Igasu (hell maybe even Isuga, Isagu, etc). Saigu??? Aigus?? Now I'm just writing all possible combinations.

that would be really cute

but after caeldori i'm not expecting much

...iasug

I honestly don't doubt that Foleo's name will be changed, considering his dad is, ya'know, Leo. And I think Soleil's name really will stick.

Edit: Looks like Azama kept his personality. Its endearing in its own way, I guess.

Screw that, I can see Foleo being changed to actually be a girl given a certain character in Paper Mario: TTYD...

Azama seriously doesn't know what an insult is, does he?

These situations are not the same

Yes they are. Both characters are males that are trying to pass for female in their respective Japanese games.

Edited by Anacybele

Screw that, I can see Foleo being changed to actually be a girl given a certain character in Paper Mario: TTYD...

Azama seriously doesn't know what an insult is, does he?

I would be seriously upset if Foleo was made a girl, unless he was written as a trans woman. Which they probably wouldn't do and if they did you just KNOW they'd screw up big time, so I'd rather not.

I know traps are prominent and just like everyone else in Fates, Foleo is fetish pandering, but its nice to see someone with the same hobbies as me in my favorite game series.

I would be fine with Foleo being made a girl. But I'll just leave it at that before I end up saying something I shouldn't be saying.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes they are. Both characters are males that are trying to pass for female in their respective Japanese games.

Foleo is not trying to pass as a woman. He is insistent on being a man. He just happens to like cute things. I know you haven't played the game and have been avoiding spoilers, so please do not make assumptions about characters when you don't know anything about what they're like in the Japanese.

Foleo is not trying to pass as a woman. He is insistent on being a man. He just happens to like cute things. I know you haven't played the game and have been avoiding spoilers, so please do not make assumptions about characters when you don't know anything about what they're like in the Japanese.

He looks like he's trying to pass for female to me. Look at what he wears... I don't doubt that many people thought he actually WAS female at first.

Except the change has more gameplay implications for Foleo. Remember that he can be married and thus can father Kanna, support female children, and marry them. Changing his gender changes all of that and it may be more of a technical hassle then it's worth.