Optimized? Hoshido Pairings

Avalanche

So, for personal use, I decided to try and think of the most "Optimal" Pairings for Hoshido that I could. These Pairings are meant to benefit both the parents (via Marriage Seals) and the Children (mostly from a Class Inheritance perspective). This is more so for personal use after my first Hoshido playthrough, trying to prepare for later DLC I suppose. I'm sure I can improve in a lot of ways, so feedback is appreciated.

Female Avatar x Kaze: A gimme pairing (mostly because the two of them were leftover), though I think it could be decent with a +Str Avatar. Secondary class recommendations would be helpful.

Azura x Silas: Silas and Sophie get Sky Knight for flying Lances and Azura and Shigure get Cavalier for a bulkier, mounted Lance class.

Jakob x Kagero: Gives Jakob and Kagero the only other Hidden Weapon classes they don't have access to. Also, stronk Deere.

Subaki x Oboro: Oboro get's Sky Knight and Subaki and Caeldori get Spear Fighter. Also, decent Caeldori mods.

Azama x Hinoka: Azama and Mitama get Falco Knight (for Physical Staff usage) and Mitama get's decent Physical mods.

Hinata x Setsuna: Mostly for decent mods across the board for Hisame.

Kaden x Hana: This is mostly for a glass canon Kinu, since I have no idea what classes are good for her.

Saizo x Sakura: Mixed Grey that will likely become the main Explosive Shuriken user.

Hayato x Orochi: Fairly basic Stronk Magic Rhajat. Plus, it gives all 3 of them basically every Magic using class in Hoshido.

Takumi x Mozu: Takumi get's Herb Merchant (the only bow using class he doesn't have) and Mozu get's Spear Fighter. Plus, Aptitude on Kisaragi may give him a decent niche.

Ryoma x Rinkah: Get's Ryoma Blacksmith (another Sword option) and can pass Shinonome down Ogre strike and good Physical mods.

post-20505-0-13829800-1455033798_thumb.png

Edited by Avalanche

HinataxSetsuna isn't only mods for Hisame. Hinata doesn't have good speed so you might want him to be Oni savage, with Setsuna as support she will give him good amout of speed which he needs. As Shura Hinata will give Setsuna damage which Setsuna lacks.

Despite popular belief, Hinata doesn't have speed issues if he stays a trueblade. If he goes anywhere else, it'll be a problem. He just wants a quick wife for late game doubling and he's set. Setsuna is a good choice, however, since she provides good mods, gives damage boosting skills to her family.

Female Avatar x Kaze: Either +LUK or +STR for this pair. Usually the main reason to consider marrying Kaze optimal is to utilize Midoriko's personal skill with a high luck modifier, as well as giving her Hoshido (skill) to maximize it's activation rates. Also fast Kanna.

Azura x Silas: Safe, easy, Azura isn't in as much of a high demand in Hoshido, and Silas really likes her.

Jakob x Kagero: Kagero is best paired with Jakob or Ryoma. Jakob gets the ninja class which he utilizes very well, and can pick up copycat/snake venom/kunaifaire, though Kagero doesn't get much in terms of classes, she does have an easy to swap class in order to gain skills. Deere turns out pretty great.

Subaki x Oboro: Arguably his best pair. Good mods and both benefit from each other's classes.

Azama x Hinoka: Your reasoning is good enough. Though I'm sure both could be paired better with others, they end up together regardless.

Kaden x Hana: It's a little too delicate for my taste, but she does get access to vantage, renewal (if you pass it down), and nice growths where it counts. Like above, could be better.

Saizo x Sakura: Saizo's best pair for a mixed fighter Gurei/Sugai/Grey/Whatever. Saizo likes breaking sky and renewal. Sakura doesn't get much though.

Hayato x Orochi: Pair for spares, and Hayato is the safest to pair Orochi with. Extravagance access is best utilized with line of death, so Rhatja would like to marry Hisame for maximum effectiveness.

Takumi x Mozu: Mozu gets spear fighter, which makes training her lance level worth it, and Takumi gets great merchant, which utilizes his two most used weapons based on class. Extravagance and aptitude for Kisaragi, for easy levels. It's honestly better than I thought.

Ryoma x Rinkah: Ryoma's best wife pair. Gets lancebreaker and ogre strike, and a nice +5 STR, +2 SPD, +6 DEF bonus from Shura!Rinkah. Not as optimal for Shinonome (Oboro would be the best choice here) but makes Hoshido's best unit even better.

Also worth noting for Hinata is that he can go Weapon Master and just solely use the Quickdraw Katana. You can forge it like immediately and it only has 1 mt less than Steel but gives +5 Spd and then gets extra power from the WM bonuses. He would still rather go Sword Master, but if his spouse needs the better bonuses of the WM class like Setsuna, then Hinata can do that and still be effective. Shura Hinata is just eww unless your foddering him.

Despite popular belief, Hinata doesn't have speed issues if he stays a trueblade. If he goes anywhere else, it'll be a problem. He just wants a quick wife for late game doubling and he's set. Setsuna is a good choice, however, since she provides good mods, gives damage boosting skills to her family.

Hinata 15% spd growth (same as orochi)doesn't help him, however you're right Swordmaster is only one thing that's really helping him grow this more lol.

I'm still more into Oni Hinata, this have potential, or maybe even knight Hinata? Or just oni with bought defensive formation...

who knows, who knows xD

Also worth noting for Hinata is that he can go Weapon Master and just solely use the Quickdraw Katana. You can forge it like immediately and it only has 1 mt less than Steel but gives +5 Spd and then gets extra power from the WM bonuses. He would still rather go Sword Master, but if his spouse needs the better bonuses of the WM class like Setsuna, then Hinata can do that and still be effective. Shura Hinata is just eww unless your foddering him.

I still think for min-maxing Shura would end up better, story-wise samurai is better for sure.

I'll do few things with Hinata for sure when game comes out, maybe i'll be lucky~

Edited by Eriotto

I'm basically going to go with a talent/boon/bane & marriage partner based on personal preference, but how does a Dark Knight + Falcon Warrior pairing work in terms of good/bad.

Here, the characters themselves don't really want each other's classes [ranks don't match up], but they do offer some interesting pair-up bonuses for each other (+MAG for Shocksticking Falcon Warrior and +DEF to shore up thier bulk; Falcon gives +SPD to help overcome the Dark Knight's speed weaknesses).

Something like +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar x Caeldori Falcon Warrior…. how well does this stack up?

Sword/tome avatar doesn't want lance using Falcon Warrior himself, but likes getting the +SPD/+RES/+Move bonus from them.

Lance/staff Caeldori Falcon Warrior doesn't want sword/tome Dark Knight herself, but likes +MAG for shockstick, likes +DEF for bulk to compensate for Pegasus, and likes +MOV.

Kanna can get an inheritance of Heartseeker (Bind) or Devilsh Wind from her father; Caeldori, her mother, can pass down Darting Blow (Swallow Strike)….

How good or bad is this?

Edited by astrophys

I thought Mozu passed Archer to her husband, not Villager. So how does Takumi get Great Merchant?

Because Mozu is in special class, so she tried to give Bowman to Takumi but since Takumi already has Bowman as base class, Mozu will give hidden class from Villager instead, which is Herb Merchant.

She gives her spouse archer, but since Takumi already has archer, he gets the hidden class she passes, which is herb merchant.

For instance, if Aqua marries Subaki, she'd normally pass pegasus/sky knight, but since he already has it, she gives him troubador instead.

My guess is that it's the whole "equivalent class" thing that lets Nyx pass down Diviner to Nina.

Nyx/Zero - father comes first

Nina have outlaw by deflaut so she's getting dark mage from Zero (outlaw/darkmage)

Nyx must pass down one class, first is mage which she already have, so come to secound class, she have outlaw as well so she must pass down hoshidian version of her first class - exorcist.

That's all.

She gives her spouse archer, but since Takumi already has archer, he gets the hidden class she passes, which is herb merchant.

For instance, if Aqua marries Subaki, she'd normally pass pegasus/sky knight, but since he already has it, she gives him troubador instead.

Shouldn't wiverns be Nohrian version of Pegazi?

Same with Troubadour, shouldn't Hoshidian verion of it be shrine maiden?

Edited by Eriotto

If I remember correctly, there's a specific pairing that's just like Nyx/Niles that gives someone wyvern. I just cant remember what.

Nina have outlaw by deflaut so she's getting dark mage from Zero (outlaw/darkmage)

Nyx must pass down one class, first is mage which she already have, so come to secound class, she have outlaw as well so she must pass down hoshidian version of her first class - exorcist.

That's all.

Troubadour and Shrine Maiden/Monk isn't equivalent.

If I remember correctly, there's a specific pairing that's just like Nyx/Niles that gives someone wyvern. I just cant remember what.

Jakob x Azura will give Wyvern Rider class to Shigure.

Troubadour and Shrine Maiden/Monk isn't equivalent.

Jakob x Azura will give Wyvern Rider class to Shigure.

I know this isn't but this doesn't make much sense for me.

They're alike for me, really they are.

2 questions. First off, does anybody have any recommendations for Azama over Hinoka? I can't really think of anyone that doesn't involve massively reshuffling every pairing. Second, any recommended buddy pairings for gen 1 and 2 (marriages for gen 2 would also be appreciated)