Dark Knight Build

Zhadox

So I am planning on making my avatar a Dark Knight for my first playthrough which will be through Nohr and this was the build I thought I would go with, I would appreciate your opinions. Also I am more looking at it for pvp.

Dark Knight:

Asset: HP, boosts the best DK stats.

Flaw: Speed, because DK's speed is really bad anyway.

Skills:

Defensive formation: To use the low speed as an advantage.

Dragonic Curse: By lowering the enemies stats it makes the dark knight hit harder and get hit not as hard.

Deadly Breath: Nice AoE damage.

Life Taker: Doesn't have rely on Healer as much.

Kunai Breaker: Makes it so the DK can avoid getting it's stats lowered.

So what do you guys think? Is it viable?

Four Fangs is better than Deadly Breath if you intend to counterattack things on enemy phase - DB only triggers on PP (but can and usually does affect more enemies).

Kunai Breaker is ineffective because kunai users tend to be accurate anyway, have WTA against both swords and tomes and will continue to have hit rates against you and your low-avo DK.

I don't know what you mean by "viable" but yeah, it can function as part of an army that doesn't lose the game, though I would recommend something more offensive that actually ORKOs enemies. For what it's worth, a DK can still double and ORKO enemies with the right pair-up, but by going with a speed flaw you make it harder for yourself to fulfil the main objective a unit with Dark Knight's mobility and weapon choices is meant to serve - ORKO foes.

So I am planning on making my avatar a Dark Knight for my first playthrough which will be through Nohr and this was the build I thought I would go with, I would appreciate your opinions. Also I am more looking at it for pvp.

Dark Knight:

Asset: HP, boosts the best DK stats.

Flaw: Speed, because DK's speed is really bad anyway.

Skills:

Defensive formation: To use the low speed as an advantage.

Dragonic Curse: By lowering the enemies stats it makes the dark knight hit harder and get hit not as hard.

Deadly Breath: Nice AoE damage.

Life Taker: Doesn't have rely on Healer as much.

Kunai Breaker: Makes it so the DK can avoid getting it's stats lowered.

So what do you guys think? Is it viable?

Replace Deadly Breath with proc skill, like Luna.

Four Fangs is better than Deadly Breath if you intend to counterattack things on enemy phase - DB only triggers on PP (but can and usually does affect more enemies).

Kunai Breaker is ineffective because kunai users tend to be accurate anyway, have WTA against both swords and tomes and will continue to have hit rates against you and your low-avo DK.

I don't know what you mean by "viable" but yeah, it can function as part of an army that doesn't lose the game, though I would recommend something more offensive that actually ORKOs enemies. For what it's worth, a DK can still double and ORKO enemies with the right pair-up, but by going with a speed flaw you make it harder for yourself to fulfil the main objective a unit with Dark Knight's mobility and weapon choices is meant to serve - ORKO foes.

The problem is Avatar can't learn Four Fangs in legit way..

Edited by KamuiSama

Replace Deadly Breath with proc skill, like Luna.

The problem is Avatar can't learn Four Fangs in legit way..

Luna will be bad, DK is magical unit right? Luna halfes Defense, not resistance.

Edit: Wiki says def and res, mb then.

Edited by Eriotto

I thought about a skill with activation, but because of the super low skill makes it not work so well.

With your flaw/asses it's 27% for Luna to pop out, still better than Sorc which have 26 skill by deflaut

+Hp, -Spd? What? This is terrible. For DK something like +Spd or +Mag is best. -Luck is the best flaw imo.

Defensive Formation prevents both the user and opponent from double-attacking, making the Speed flaw a non-issue.

I also agree that the asset/flaw should be +Magic, -Luck to inflict more damage with tomes.

If this is anything like Awakening, Luna halves the defensive stat that your equipped weapon is attacking. I.E. using Tomes will halve resistance.

Yeah, i corrected myself up there, my bad as i said. :P

as a unit that can't double attack especially (since Defensive Formation and -Spd), Lifetaker probably isn't useful at all. at least, Renewal would probably net you more HP overall

you also just really want a trigger skill

as a unit that can't double attack especially (since Defensive Formation and -Spd), Lifetaker probably isn't useful at all. at least, Renewal would probably net you more HP overall

you also just really want a trigger skill

How about aether? Sol+Luna might be good in this scenario right?

Vengeance is on the gimmicky side and doesn't work well with Life Taker/Renewal (or at least still outclassed/dmg)

Aether probably has the best utility but otherwise if you don't want DLC then Dragon Fang has the most trigger dmg (more than 1 activation of Vengeance even if maxed). or Breaking Sky has slightly less power but double the proc so average dmg might be higher

Edited by GoXDS